Home
Posted By: eddief Fosnaugh Customs Chamber - 06/26/13
Posted this in the gunsmith section too. Thought some might enjoy it.

What is the difference between the .243 Match chamber and the regular old .243?
Posted By: SLM Re: Fosnaugh Customs Chamber - 06/26/13
I want to see a .308 in there. grin

Thanks that was pretty cool.
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

A lot. Buy the Gunsmiths Book of Chamber Prints from Pacific Tool & Gauge. It has a great number of these popular chamber prints that will readily show you the differences.
Looks great Eddie, expect that one should shoot:)
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Fosnaugh Customs Chamber - 06/28/13
Looking good my friend. I just talked with Eddie this evening about having a rifle built. Pretty excited about it too. Of course it's an Otter6. I've been in the machining trade for 32 years now,and have a pretty good BS detector. Eddie knows his stuff. Thanks for posting the video buddy.
Posted By: wildone Re: Fosnaugh Customs Chamber - 06/28/13
Originally Posted by TheKuskokid

A lot. Buy the Gunsmiths Book of Chamber Prints from Pacific Tool & Gauge. It has a great number of these popular chamber prints that will readily show you the differences.

OK how bout in layman's terms for us idiots?
Originally Posted by wildone
Originally Posted by TheKuskokid

OK how bout in layman's terms for us idiots?

My answer to that is a tighter chamber, not a loose chamber that will chamber any old fat, blown out cartridge. Seems rifles shoot more accurately if your round fits your chamber than just rattling around.
This is my take.

Leade angle is very important, too. Concentricity to the bore is absolutely essential.

All of my rifles have chambers cut by Hugh Hendricksen reamers.

Posted By: wildone Re: Fosnaugh Customs Chamber - 06/29/13
thank you
eddie do you use a chamber flush system when you cut a chamber? that tray looks like it's full of dry chips just curious. Thanks
© 24hourcampfire