Home
Posted By: Otter6 Butter Knife bolt handle? - 11/23/13
Anyone know of a source for a butter knife bolt handle for a T3?
Posted By: greydog Re: Butter Knife bolt handle? - 11/24/13
I would think a gunsmith should be able to make one for you. Of course, he would have to want to do it! GD
Posted By: 16bore Re: Butter Knife bolt handle? - 11/24/13
I've thought for awhile that they would meld nicely with Tikka's. Actually started to monkey with a prototype for [bleep], but it ended up in the trash. Wouldn't be much to it if a fella had the right tools and patience, which I don't....
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Butter Knife bolt handle? - 11/24/13
I hear that 16bore. I've been in the machine and fab trade for 33 years,and I don't want to do it. The last thing I want to do in my spare time is the same thing I did all week,lol. I prefer the "Buy it and bolt it on" approach.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Butter Knife bolt handle? - 11/24/13
I need to come play in your garage...
Posted By: Jkob Re: Butter Knife bolt handle? - 11/24/13
I have one in the white. It needs to be welded on. $25 shipped

email me if interested.
[email protected]
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Butter Knife bolt handle? - 11/24/13
e-mail inbound.
Posted By: rattler Re: Butter Knife bolt handle? - 11/25/13
you guys must run a bolt differently than me cause i cant stand them....i actually have a Greek Mannlicher Schoenauer that someone welded a butter knife bolt handle to and im gonna have it taken off and a round on resembling an early Jeffery sporter put on cause i cant stand how it feels when i work the bolt....
Posted By: 458Win Re: Butter Knife bolt handle? - 11/25/13
I too have been looking for a butter knife bolt handle to put on my moutain rifle. I should have ordered on when Brownell's used to carry them.
Like rattler, I too love round, smooth and easy to grasp knobs on my working rifles but butter knife handles are for rifles where the speed of a second shot is not as important as the ease of carrying.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Butter Knife bolt handle? - 11/25/13
I recently got a mauser with a butter knife bolt handle. I'd never used one before, but found it to be just as fast/easy to use as a rounded handle when using the blade/palm of your hand to work the bolt. I really expected it to be more troublesome but was pleasantly surprised.
Posted By: rattler Re: Butter Knife bolt handle? - 11/25/13
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I recently got a mauser with a butter knife bolt handle. I'd never used one before, but found it to be just as fast/easy to use as a rounded handle when using the blade/palm of your hand to work the bolt. I really expected it to be more troublesome but was pleasantly surprised.

wouldnt say its troublesome, just absolutely hate how it feels....guess it feels like less of a solid contact with my palm when working the bolt......may have to leave it for awhile and see if it truly feels better as far as packing but i have a feeling regardless its getting changed....

my wife however runs a bolt with her thumb and index finger and loves bolt handles like this or the flattish dog leg handle of the Rem 600 type rifles
Posted By: 16bore Re: Butter Knife bolt handle? - 11/25/13
For function, hell no. Euro-look, sure.
[Linked Image]

How many you need?
Posted By: 458Win Re: Butter Knife bolt handle? - 11/28/13
I only need one
Remind me if I don't get ahold of you. I'm ip at deer camp until dec.
Don
Count me as not being a fan of butter knife style bolt handles. They look nice, but I find the narrow edge to be uncomfortable when cycling the action for a second shot. The butter knife bolt handles on the Interarms Mark X mannlicher stocked rifles are particularly annoying, as they requires at a minimum, medium height rings to allow the ocular housing to clear the high lift bolt handle.

Jeff
© 24hourcampfire