Home
Posted By: ctsmith Manners Story Board - 01/04/14
I posted this in another tread but thought it to be a good idea to have its own.

EH1

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

EH3

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Manners Story Board - 01/04/14
I like the looks of that EH-3!
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 01/04/14
The EH3 is nice. If I could have my way I'd have a straight comb with no drop at heel (like the EH1). Or the EH1 slimmed down to the size of the EH3 would be nice.
Posted By: cast10K Re: Manners Story Board - 01/05/14
Thanks for the pics. I like the looks of that EH3. Is that one of their standard colors? If so which one? What's the length of that barrel?
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 01/05/14
Standard OD green. 22" barrel. Mid 2ish contour.

[Linked Image]
As a side note, this stock will be for sale soon. It has the mini chassis and was a temporary fix inbetween rifles. I'll have a GAP shortly on the same EH3 stock but without the chassis and bedded by GAP. It is now inletted (after above pic) for a #3 Brux. The inletting was done by Manners on CNC, i.e. perfect!
Posted By: bearstalker Re: Manners Story Board - 01/05/14
The EH3 looks similar to the McMillan HTG stock but with less drop at the heel. Is that true?

What does the pictured stocks weigh?
You might could stretch it and say the EH3 is a slimmed up HTG with a higher comb and less drop at heel.

The EH1 is of the same proportions as the HTG, though a totally different grip and butt. The channel will take all you can give it.

The EH3 weighs 32oz on the nose with the mini chassis. Less the 7 oz long action chassis it would be 25oz.

The EH1 is not the "Elite Hunter" fill. It is standard fill with the molded in color. As such, it is 39 oz. With EH fill is around 28 oz.
Posted By: gremcat Re: Manners Story Board - 01/05/14
The EH3 is my dream stock. I like to ride the tang so to speak but have a hard time finding a stock with that and all the other attributes I like. Can it be inletted for a Sako.75 Magnum... Please Please....
Posted By: gzig5 Re: Manners Story Board - 01/06/14
What are the dimensions between the lines through the grip area and bore line to floor plate? That info would be helpful in comparing to current stocks I have what dimensions feel better. Good looking stocks.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 01/06/14
The long horizontals are 2" apart and the trigger/grip verticals are 1.5". The forend reference is 17.75" from the trigger vertical. That is the Utah standard.
Posted By: xverminator Re: Manners Story Board - 01/06/14
Would love to see an EH-2 on the board!

X-VERMINATOR
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Manners Story Board - 01/06/14
Originally Posted by xverminator
Would love to see an EH-2 on the board!

X-VERMINATOR

I'll put one up when I get home in the morning....
Posted By: xverminator Re: Manners Story Board - 01/06/14
Cool, thanks!

X-VERMINATOR
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Manners Story Board - 01/07/14
EH2.... as requested. I dig this stock a lot....

Sucks SA
23" Rock #4

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Manners Story Board - 01/07/14
Originally Posted by ctsmith
As a side note, this stock will be for sale soon. It has the mini chassis and was a temporary fix inbetween rifles. I'll have a GAP shortly on the same EH3 stock but without the chassis and bedded by GAP. It is now inletted (after above pic) for a #3 Brux. The inletting was done by Manners on CNC, i.e. perfect!

If it was a short action for a Brux 3, it would be sold!
Posted By: xverminator Re: Manners Story Board - 01/07/14
Thanks Dogshooter!

X-VERMINATOR
fellas, what's the difference between the EH2 and EH3? A little more closed grip on the EH2? How about the forends?

X-VERMINATOR
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Manners Story Board - 01/07/14
Originally Posted by xverminator
fellas, what's the difference between the EH2 and EH3? A little more closed grip on the EH2? How about the forends?

X-VERMINATOR

Comb looks a bit higher to me on the EH2... but I don't know if it is or not. The EH2 looks to be wider in the forend also.

Here's the EH2 with the Rock #4.

Barrel at calipers is .80", forend is 1.6ish" wide.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 01/07/14
EH3 is a much slimmer stock, especially the grip
Very helpful fellas, thanks!

X-VERMINATOR
Posted By: cast10K Re: Manners Story Board - 01/08/14
ctsmith - what do you think about the EH3 as a general purpose stock? I see the closed/vertical grip and it makes me think of LD shooting from prone. How is it for off-hand, kneeling, etc?
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 01/08/14
Everybody is different, I can't say how you'd like it. But for me its perfect for an all around stock, being well balanced for prone and upright positions. Compare the grip to the EH1 and you'll realize its far from closed/vertical.

In the McMillan line I guess the New McMillan Hunter is the closest match, and I far prefer the EH3.

Have no worries. It is great in all shooting positions.

Posted By: TonyNC Re: Manners Story Board - 09/29/14
I know this is an old post but does anybody have a picture of an SL on the board to compare? Thanks. Tony.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Manners Story Board - 09/29/14
Spent a little time with the EH3 this weekend. Light, seems fairly stiff. A little worried that the blind mag area is weak as it seems very thin. Manners leaves a noticeably bigger inlet gap around the barrel than McMillan...more of a tactical free float. The design is not really my cup of tea for a hunting stock, but that's personal preference. Should work well from prone...but virtually none of my hunting is from prone.

A heads up for anyone planning on going ADL with one...the bottom will be FLAT...as in flat as an iron. Had I known this I would have gone with a detachable bottom metal inlet. Live and learn.

Manner's customer service was pretty good. The inletting was goofed. Mag box inlet for a standard SA 700 was to far back by almost a 1/2" and the front pillar was to short to be bedded in (and act as a pillar). I mailed it back with my barreled action and they fixed the inlet, replaced the pillar, glass/pillar bedded it, and mailed it back. Only cost me a month of time and shipping back to them.

Just my $.02 from a sample of 1.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 09/29/14
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Manner's customer service was pretty good. The inletting was goofed. Mag box inlet for a standard SA 700 was to far back by almost a 1/2" and the front pillar was to short to be bedded in (and act as a pillar). I mailed it back with my barreled action and they fixed the inlet, replaced the pillar, glass/pillar bedded it, and mailed it back. Only cost me a month of time and shipping back to them.

My experience with Tom's customer service has been fantastic but the flip side to that is I've had to use it way too much. I've ordered several stocks and more times than not they've had to go back due to wrong specs (LOP, etc.). I personally know others with similar experiences. Its QC problems that seems could easily be rectified.

Hate to hear about the flatiron bottom. Never handled one in ADL to know.
Posted By: slg888 Re: Manners Story Board - 09/30/14
Originally Posted by TonyNC
I know this is an old post but does anybody have a picture of an SL on the board to compare? Thanks. Tony.
I have a new Manners SL molded in camo(26oz) sitting in my closet, but only have Mcmillan classics for comparison. If your interested I can throw up some pics of the SL here.
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Manners Story Board - 09/30/14
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The EH3 looks alot like the GP/HTG

dave
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 09/30/14
The EH3 has less drop at heel than the HTG. I cant get the pad of the HTG into my shoulder from prone. Its too low. The EH3 is more trim than the HTG, its proportions are that of a "sporter" stock.
Posted By: Carl_Ross Re: Manners Story Board - 09/30/14
I'll concur, the EH3 has a higher heel, a higher comb, and a slimmer everything compared with the HTG.

The grips do look similar, and the grip (from prone) is my least favorite part of the EH3.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Manners Story Board - 09/30/14
Originally Posted by slg888
Originally Posted by TonyNC
I have a new Manners SL molded in camo(26oz) sitting in my closet, but only have Mcmillan classics for comparison. If your interested I can throw up some pics of the SL here.

I'd appreciate seeing that. I'm collecting parts for new build and was thinking about using the Manners SL, I'm a big fan of the McMillan Classic so was wondering how they would compare.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Manners Story Board - 09/30/14

My experience with Tom's customer service has been fantastic but the flip side to that is I've had to use it way too much. I've order several stocks and more times than not they've had to go back due to wrong specs (LOP, etc.). I personally know others with similar experiences. Its seems like its QC problems that could easily be rectified.

Hate to hear about the flatiron bottom. Never handled one in ADL to know.

Yeah, good customer service is important...but if it has to be used all the time something ain't right. Hope to spend a little more time behind the trigger on this one in the next week, after that it will probably be spring before I spend much time with it. From Oct 10 to Jan 31 trigger time is greatly reduced...1 or 2 rounds in a good week.

Let me know when you're planning on coming up!
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
I'd appreciate seeing that.
No problem. Classic molded in color with #3 barrel and Manners SL molded in camo carbon fiber with #4 barrel.

Stocks are similar IMO, Manners has a small cheek piece like the Mcmillan Mnt rifle.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Manners Story Board - 09/30/14
Excellent thank you! So it looks like the SL has a bit of a longer fore-end than the Classic? Looks like they are similar otherwise except for the check piece which is nice.
Of the two - do you have a preference for either one?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I see you've got the iron-flat ADL as well! No better way to go if you like a brick shaped carry handle on your rifle. wink
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Manners Story Board - 09/30/14
The flat bottom is an absolute deal breaker for me on a hunting rifle stock. I'm not interested in spending all that money for the ergonomics of a 2x4.

The other potential issue with the SL is it's right hand only arrangement. Not an ambidextrous stock.
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
The flat bottom is an absolute deal breaker for me on a hunting rifle stock. I'm not interested in spending all that money for the ergonomics of a 2x4.

The other potential issue with the SL is it's right hand only arrangement. Not an ambidextrous stock.

The EH3 is ambidextrous/no cheek piece. The ergo's of the EH3 aren't bad for shooting, different from what I prefer, but not bad. The flat bottom kills it though... I wonder if it could be changed from an ADL to an Atlasworx detachable mag inlet?
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Excellent thank you! So it looks like the SL has a bit of a longer fore-end than the Classic? Looks like they are similar otherwise except for the check piece which is nice.
Of the two - do you have a preference for either one?
If you stand both stocks side x side on their recoil pad the SL is 1/2" longer. I like both stocks, but if I had to choose only one it would be the Manners. The Manners forend/grip texture has a much nicer usuable feel vs the conventional old checkering on the Classics.

FYI the SL is 26oz, Classis is 30oz
Correct, the EH3 is ambi, just wanted to point out that the SL is not.

The issue with going to a DBM setup is that it further exacerbates the carrying situation. Put enough weight out front where the rifle balances in front of the magazine, thus allowing one handed carry, and you'll have a 9 lb. plus rifle. The entire situation turn into what I like to call "your basic clusterphuck". tired

The issue with going to a DBM setup is that it further exacerbates the carrying situation. Put enough weight out front where the rifle balances in front of the magazine, thus allowing one handed carry, and you'll have a 9 lb. plus rifle. The entire situation turn into what I like to call "your basic clusterphuck". tired

Yep... The idea of a DBM was simply to make it a fun gun rather than a hunter.
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Manners Story Board - 09/30/14
The EH3 has less drop at heel than the HTG. I cant get the pad of the HTG into my shoulder from prone. Its too low. The EH3 is more trim than the HTG, its proportions are that of a "sporter" stock.

Interesting.
One thing I forgot to mention is that in the pics I posted the actions are all skidded .5 of an inch forward.
Gives more room on the grip.
Never had any problems with the HTG in the prone position.
But then im 6'6".
dave

Yep... The idea of a DBM was simply to make it a fun gun rather than a hunter.

Certainly nothing wrong with a fun gun! I'm just kind of disappointed Manners doesn't build a true slender hunting stock.
Posted By: slg888 Re: Manners Story Board - 10/01/14
I'm just kind of disappointed Manners doesn't build a true slender hunting stock.
The SL above is easy to carry @ 26oz & compact. Any more "slender", it be best suitable for a midget.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Manners Story Board - 10/01/14
I'm just kind of disappointed Manners doesn't build a true slender hunting stock.
The SL above is easy to carry @ 26oz & compact. Any more "slender", it be best suitable for a midget.

The EH3 is pretty light as well. I put it on the scales and don't remember the exact weight but it was in the mid-20's. Weight is pretty close to an Edge stock, but the Edge pattern is much slimmer in the forend, action area, grip, and butt. The EH3, even though it's light, is a bigger stock overall...which isn't a bad thing when riding over a rest, snuggling up on a kicker, etc. To me, when carrying one in my hand, the slimmer the better (it really helps to have a rounded bottom on the action area). If you spend most of your time carry one slung over your shoulder then it would be less of an issue.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Manners Story Board - 10/01/14
Manners thrill me not for a hunting stock.
Posted By: scenarshooter Re: Manners Story Board - 10/01/14
DBM's are just for fun....and any rifle that weighs more than 6.5 pounds is a worthless belly gun.

Some of you guys really crack me up.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Manners Story Board - 10/01/14

Are you phugging kidding me? Ever hold a Kimber Montana?
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Manners Story Board - 10/01/14
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
DBM's are just for fun....and any rifle that weighs more than 6.5 pounds is a worthless belly gun.

Some of you guys really crack me up.

Just my preference... I've no love for DBM for the way I use a rifle. Rifle will shoot just as well with them or without them, I just like a blind mag. I don't care much for scoped short action hunting rifles over 6.5-7lbs for the way I hunt...of course heavier will shoot just as well or better, but for the hunting I do more weight gains nothing. Just my preference for the way I hunt.

Are you phugging kidding me? Ever hold a Kimber Montana?
Yep, I've owned one. Ever carried a Manners SL hunting? I'm not comparing SL & Kimber, just reffering to your comment "true slender hunting stock".

Left to right. Mcmillan Edge compact, Manners SL, Mcmillan Mnt Rifle, Mcmillan Classic. Actuallly the Manners SL is slimmer between trigger guard/ft action screw vs the others. It's not Kimber, although IMO all the stocks below are "true slender hunting stocks" as you mentioned. This is my 2nd SL and the quality is excellent but not cheap.....think it goes for $590.00 now.

[Linked Image]
The flat bottom kills any notion of being "slim". Kinda like when a slender little lass gains 20 lbs. of gut. Messes up the feel. On a thicker gal, that weight would go unnoticed, as it would blend into the natural curves. FWIW, I pretty much despise the Mcmillan Mountain Rifle stock in ADL form as well, as it's belly is too squared off for the likes of me.

Don't get me wrong, I can and would work with all of the stocks pictured below (though no SL for me, as I'm a lefty). But when spending $500+ on a stock, it had better be what I want. If the only option is a big compromise, I'd rather just stick with the factory stock and save my money.
Posted By: Carl_Ross Re: Manners Story Board - 10/01/14
Any chance of someone getting the SL on the story board?
Thanks for the comparison pics, btw.

Complaining about the flat bottom might sound a little whiney, but is not this entire custom rifle game simply a process of getting exactly what we want? If we were all content with what is available, we could all buy Ruger Americans in 30-06 and be content. That's not going to happen with the looney crowd.

Afermarket synthetics don't have the variety of fitting options available as a wood stock, which could be shaped to the individual. So those of us in the market for fine synthetics discuss the finer points of fit, and must work with what is available or get the builders to make what we want....aka the Hunters Edge with a higher comb!
The flat bottom kills any notion of being "slim".
Never really noticed or sit & stroked my stocks, although their primarily all flat on the bottom. Guess if someone wants a perfect rounded stock they could have a Louisville Slugger milled out to fit a barreled action. laugh

I use a rifle sling so could care less what the degree of curvature on my sporter stocks are. That SL in pic will be a 6BR/#4 Kreiger/Pierce action soon. smile

Thanks for the comparison pics
No Problem, I've had couple PM's asking about the SL, maybe the pics will help others get a good idea for comparison. Some may not know but Manners will ship stocks to your home to check'em out before purchasing.
Posted By: 300MAG Re: Manners Story Board - 10/01/14
I sit and stroke mine all the time........................
Originally Posted by 300MAG
And probably your boyfriends too. laugh
Originally Posted by 300MAG
And probably your boyfriends too. laugh

Never leave your wingman hangin'..................
I use a sling as well, but often carry one handed when the game is afoot. That's not really the point. The point is that spending big money on a stock, one should get better ergonomics than a plank with a recoil pad. The Manners stocks I've been around worked great for the belly guns everybody seems to be into these days, but felt funky for general use. So I'll take my money elsewhere.
I use a sling as well, but often carry one handed when the game is afoot. That's not really the point. The point is that spending big money on a stock, one should get better ergonomics than a plank with a recoil pad. The Manners stocks I've been around worked great for the belly guns everybody seems to be into these days, but felt funky for general use. So I'll take my money elsewhere.

Not sure if you'll ever find a custom stock from any manufacturer that actually fits you 199% perfectly - its kinda of a give and take with these stocks. Find one the fits the best and then roll with it!!
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Manners Story Board - 10/01/14

I just built a rifle with a Manners EH-1. I kinda feel the same way about the stock's eye appeal and esthetics. My gunsmith feels the same but says the stocks are good and stiff and a rifle built on them will be accurate.

I haven't shot it yet but am about to start development. Ergonomically, the stock really feels good to tell you the truth. The comb is high enough, which has been a problem for me with hunting rifles. I like to have a solid cheek weld. All of my target guns are on McMillan A-5's with an adjustable comb. I really dig them.

I had won the new tactical stock Manners came out with a couple of years ago at the Snipers Hide Cup, but traded it back to them for this EH-1 for the Hunting rifle build. I chose it because of the comb. It's perfect for a 40mm objective scope on Leupold dual dovetails.

I think I'm gonna like it.
Posted By: rta48 Re: Manners Story Board - 10/01/14
I am expecting a MCS-TA to show up next week. This will be my 1st Manners and truthfully I really hope I like the stock.

I have been using the McMillan Sako Hunter and Varminter for a while now. I still like them but I do not like the extended wait and its always nice to have another option.

Posted By: tmanners Re: Manners Story Board - 10/01/14
Hi Guys, Came across this thread. This is all great feedback. We are now in the process of coming out with a few new elite hunting stocks for next year that we will have ready for the 2015 Shot Show. One is a thumbhole and the other is a super light hunting folder. We are also in the process of working on a very slim downed version of a ultra light mountain stock ( like the eh3) , that is designed to work only with factory type hinged bottom metal. Our idea is to make it as narrow, contoured and light as possible. By doing this it will do away with the flat on the bottom of the stock, this flat was done because we still get a tremendous amount of guys that want to run a detachable mag system that takes the big AI mags. All will be 100% carbon fiber.

Would love to hear from you guys what features you would like to see and why. Thank you very much,
That's what I like to hear Tom! Thanks for the info.
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Manners Story Board - 10/01/14
Originally Posted by tmanners
Hi Guys, Came across this thread. This is all great feedback. We are now in the process of coming out with a few new elite hunting stocks for next year that we will have ready for the 2015 Shot Show. One is a thumbhole and the other is a super light hunting folder. We are also in the process of working on a very slim downed version of a ultra light mountain stock ( like the eh3) , that is designed to work only with factory type hinged bottom metal. Our idea is to make it as narrow, contoured and light as possible. By doing this it will do away with the flat on the bottom of the stock, this flat was done because we still get a tremendous amount of guys that want to run a detachable mag system that takes the big AI mags. All will be 100% carbon fiber.

Would love to hear from you guys what features you would like to see and why. Thank you very much,

I would like to see Manners manufacture their custom stocks with a much longer than 13.5" LOP.

When a guy is spending $3,000 on a custom rifle, the stock better be custom as well. This is one of my biggest gripes with Manners.

This is what you had to do to my EH-1 to make a 14.5" LOP. It looks like hell

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SLM Re: Manners Story Board - 10/01/14

Can't wait to see it. I like my SL, but really dislike the square flat bottom.
Posted By: ShootOne Re: Manners Story Board - 10/01/14
I want to hear more about the slimmed down eh3

How soon until we can order
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Manners Story Board - 10/01/14
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

but am about to start development.

Does that mean.
Your going to.
DO A LADDER TEST? smile
Where you work up the powder charge.
TO FIND OUT WHERE THE LOAD HAS NO VERTICAL AT 500 YARDS? grin

dave
Posted By: Wrangler13 Re: Manners Story Board - 10/01/14
Slimmed down mountain rifle stock sounds great!
Posted By: haverluk Re: Manners Story Board - 10/02/14
I would like to see Manners manufacture their custom stocks with a much longer than 13.5" LOP.

When a guy is spending $3,000 on a custom rifle, the stock better be custom as well. This is one of my biggest gripes with Manners.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I second every word of this! I have a EH-1 that is jacked up just like his. A 14.5" LOP should a well executed and available option not an abortion and eyesore.

Tom, I will not be purchasing anymore stocks from Manners until you can accommodate this nominal request. You guys make great stocks but not everyone is 5'10"...
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Manners Story Board - 10/02/14
I wish they would make a stock with a more open grip.

Looking at Manner's stocks it's obvious that they are unaware of the fact that people actually shoot/hunt offhand.
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Manners Story Board - 10/02/14
Shhhhhhhh!

600!
Posted By: tmanners Re: Manners Story Board - 10/02/14
Originally Posted by haverluk

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I second every word of this! I have a EH-1 that is jacked up just like his. A 14.5" LOP should a well executed and available option not an abortion and eyesore.

Tom, I will not be purchasing anymore stocks from Manners until you can accommodate this nominal request. You guys make great stocks but not everyone is 5'10"...

Most guys will usually ask for a lop of 13.5 to 14 lop on a stock. I agree that on a super light weight hunting stock that adding a 7 ounce adjustable spacer system kind of defeats the purpose, and on a slim hunting stock, it kind of looks like ass. Just about all the elite hunting stocks will go out just a hair longer than 14" lop with a 1" pad except the SL which is about 13.6". About a month ago we actually stretched out the plug of the EH1 so that you can get about 14.5" lop with a 1/2" pad, if you want to go to 15" you can run a 1" butt pad but that will add about 3ounces to the stock. This EH1 mold will be up and making parts in about 4 weeks. We have also actually started to make changes to the LOP on the other elite hunter stocks so they will be the same, but it will probably take 3 months to get them all done and into production.

For the guys that got a Eh1 with a adjustable shoot me a PM.

Originally Posted by ShootOne

The new stock that we are working on is almost the same as the EH3. The forend will take up to a bart#4, to keep it slim, we where going to base the bart#4 on a long action with a 1 3/4" straight shank, if we go much wider for a longer shank it will add bulk and look big if a guy runs a short. The contour on bottom of the stock is based on only using a narrow factory BDL or ADL trigger guard. Because it will only take the smaller bottom metals it has a nice rounded bottom under the action. The max LOP with a 1" pad will be 15". The overall weight will end up about the same as the current Eh3 which is around 27ounces. We have had a lot of great feed back on the EH3 grip so we where planning on keeping it almost the same. This stock will be made in a few different mold configurations, the main one which will be for remington based actions, and a high back tang version for the Sako actions.

This is one of the stocks that we are rolling out for 2015, but we should have the first production samples mid Dec. Once we have the first parts out of the mold we will start taking orders.

Originally Posted by Steelhead
I wish they would make a stock with a more open grip.

Looking at Manner's stocks it's obvious that they are unaware of the fact that people actually shoot/hunt offhand.

Hi Steelhead, Out of the Elite hunter stocks they all do have some vertical in the grip, with maybe the exception of the EHT(tikka) stock which is more traditional and opened. Out of the other 5 the EH1 is really designed to be more of a long range hunting stock where guys are going to be shooting off a bipod and not so much off hand. The EH2 and EH4 are more of a dual purpose, they still feel good to shoot off hand but probably better from bipod. The SL and EH3 are the main two mountain rifle stocks which are very conformable shooting off hand. The grips do have a little vertical in them, but very trim and are designed to keep your hand at a more natural position to help with a straight back pull of the trigger. Out of these two the SL is my favorite. It seams like my personal guns get lighter and lighter every year, the days of lugging around a 12lb gun through the woods with a heavy tactical scope gets old. The cheek on the SL is set up for a small dia objective scope ( 3x12 or so ) mounted as low as possible to the bore. Just about all my hunting is done off hand, and since 90% of the game will be walking or running I rarely take a shot over 4 to 5 power. For the guys that want to run the more higher power tactical style scopes, the EH3 is a better choice. It will get your head up high and still give you a good cheek weld so you can see through the scope. I would be more than happy to drop a few stocks in the mail so you can get your hands on them to see how they fit you. We try to design to fit most guys, but the most important thing in picking out a stock from a manufacture is getting one that you are most comfortable with.

Great feedback guys, we always like to hear it. Thank you very much
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Manners Story Board - 10/02/14

The new stock that we are working on is almost the same as the EH3. The forend will take up to a bart#4, to keep it slim, we where going to base the bart#4 on a long action with a 1 3/4" straight shank, if we go much wider for a longer shank it will add bulk and look big if a guy runs a short. The contour on bottom of the stock is based on only using a narrow factory BDL or ADL trigger guard. Because it will only take the smaller bottom metals it has a nice rounded bottom under the action. The max LOP with a 1" pad will be 15". The overall weight will end up about the same as the current Eh3 which is around 27ounces. We have had a lot of great feed back on the EH3 grip so we where planning on keeping it almost the same. This stock will be made in a few different mold configurations, the main one which will be for remington based actions, and a high back tang version for the Sako actions.

This is one of the stocks that we are rolling out for 2015, but we should have the first production samples mid Dec. Once we have the first parts out of the mold we will start taking orders.

I was hoping for a true mountain rifle stock, ala something along the lines of the Kimber Montana stock. Making a stock capable of handling a Bartlein #4 (which is freaking huge for a hunting rifle) seems like it wouldn't accomplish much over what you have.

I also agree with Steelhead that a more open grip would be strongly preferred to the current styles.
Posted By: scenarshooter Re: Manners Story Board - 10/02/14
Tom is a personal friend of mine and a total class act. He really puts a lot of effort and thought into what each and every customer wants and needs...one of the good guys in the industry...
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Manners Story Board - 10/02/14
I know it's IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone. I don't like vertical gripped stocks. Fine for prone/bench, but it's seldom that I'm prone for a shot at game.
Posted By: tmanners Re: Manners Story Board - 10/02/14

I was hoping for a true mountain rifle stock, ala something along the lines of the Kimber Montana stock. Making a stock capable of handling a Bartlein #4 (which is freaking huge for a hunting rifle) seems like it wouldn't accomplish much over what you have.

I also agree with Steelhead that a more open grip would be strongly preferred to the current styles.
Hi , The Kimber mountain stock are super small. We supply Kimber with some of their tactical stocks and are working on a super light weight open grip small stock for their mountain rifles. We can do this for a remington based action and small barrel, but it will lock customers in on the options. What is the max barrel size and straight shank length that you guys would like to see a stock made for? Also what is the max size of scope objective that you would like to see a stock made for?

I made a mistake in my last post, i should have stated that the Eh3, eh2 and Sl forends are designed for a bart#3 with the #4 as max. With a #4 there is very little room at all on the edges. The bart #4 is like other manufactures #5 almost. If the max barrel is only going to be a #3 or small we can trim it down some more.

Great feed back, Thank you very much,
Posted By: RenoH414 Re: Manners Story Board - 10/02/14
It's great to hear that the guys who design and make the stocks are wanting feedback from shooters and hunters alike!! I have an EH3 on my stiller 260 and love it. I can't wait to see the new options hit the street. Thanks Tom!!

Reno
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Manners Story Board - 10/02/14

Hi , The Kimber mountain stock are super small. We supply Kimber with some of their tactical stocks and are working on a super light weight open grip small stock for their mountain rifles. We can do this for a remington based action and small barrel, but it will lock customers in on the options. What is the max barrel size and straight shank length that you guys would like to see a stock made for? Also what is the max size of scope objective that you would like to see a stock made for?

I made a mistake in my last post, i should have stated that the Eh3, eh2 and Sl forends are designed for a bart#3 with the #4 as max. With a #4 there is very little room at all on the edges. The bart #4 is like other manufactures #5 almost. If the max barrel is only going to be a #3 or small we can trim it down some more.

Great feed back, Thank you very much,

Thanks so much for taking these things into consideration.

For a lightweight stock, a max contour around a #3 Douglas with a 1.25" shank would be what I'd look at. The design around slim or ADL bottom metal with a rounded undersection sounds like a great focus to me. Max scope would be ~42mm on the objective(?)...most low mounts (DNZ and Talley) will work with these. I'm more of a fan of an open grip as well but can live with the EH3 grip.

The EH3 I have is pretty light already. If these ideas are implemented the footprint of the stock is going to be reduced which will drop the weight a bit more...should be a very light stock.

Thanks again.
Posted By: Oldslowdog Re: Manners Story Board - 10/02/14

Good to see you on here, Tom.

My next rifle will have either the EH3 or the SL on it.

I haven't had the opportunity to try the EH3 yet, but I really loved the feel of the SL when I shot it.

Awesome stock.

Posted By: 300MAG Re: Manners Story Board - 10/02/14
Tom Manners has some of the best customer service in the rifle industry - like scenarshooter said above, he is one of the good guys!!!
Posted By: Sendero_man Re: Manners Story Board - 10/03/14
Tom is a personal friend of mine and a total class act. He really puts a lot of effort and thought into what each and every customer wants and needs...one of the good guys in the industry...

Agreed !! 100%.

Tom is a great guy and true Craftsman ! I was at his shop this year and was very impressed with his setup. He is what makes owning a Manners so easy, top notch stocks from a top notch builder !

Honored to call him a friend as well !
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Manners Story Board - 10/03/14

Thanks so much for taking these things into consideration.

For a lightweight stock, a max contour around a #3 Douglas with a 1.25" shank would be what I'd look at. The design around slim or ADL bottom metal with a rounded undersection sounds like a great focus to me. Max scope would be ~42mm on the objective(?)...most low mounts (DNZ and Talley) will work with these. I'm more of a fan of an open grip as well but can live with the EH3 grip.

The EH3 I have is pretty light already. If these ideas are implemented the footprint of the stock is going to be reduced which will drop the weight a bit more...should be a very light stock.

Thanks again.

Something like this would suit me fine. I would really prefer a more open grip. Something to compete with the Mcmillan Hunters Edge but with a higher comb would have the potential to sell a lot of stocks, if marketed correctly.

I would think the Kimber Montana stock could be scaled up to fit a full size action, and possibly leave a little extra meat in the forend for more barrel. The upscaled Kimber Montana would be a helluva nice hunting stock, in my opinion.

BTW, I really appreciate a company considering it's customer's ideas. Thanks Tom.

Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Manners Story Board - 10/03/14
Originally Posted by Sendero_man

Agreed !! 100%.

Tom is a great guy and true Craftsman ! I was at his shop this year and was very impressed with his setup. He is what makes owning a Manners so easy, top notch stocks from a top notch builder !

Honored to call him a friend as well !

Just want to post here and update everyone on my EH-1.

Can't say enough about how Tom Manners addressed the issue I have with the stock. A true class act, genuinely concerned about his customer's satisfaction. He will go to the "Nth" degree to make his customer happy.

I can only hope to do the same in my own business. Great example of being customer oriented.

Thank you very much Tom!

Posted By: gzig5 Re: Manners Story Board - 10/03/14
That was the one with 2" of spacers? How is he fixing that? I'm going to be shortening a couple stocks for my kids and would like to make them grow with them if possible.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 10/04/14
I once had a message for Tom to call me regarding a stock and he did so on a holiday, Thanksgiving maybe. I cant say enough good about his sevice and attitude.
Posted By: gene270 Re: Manners Story Board - 10/04/14
tom,
what is the time frame for delivery when ordering a stock
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Manners Story Board - 10/04/14
For me, the ideal stock would be a synthetic Kimber Super America stock. The Brown Pounder stock is nearly ideal as well. Must have a cheekpiece, open grip, and rounded forend.

If it had to be upsized ever so slightly to handle other actions and contours that would be okay, but not much.

Any new hunting stock must be inlettable to a Winchester Model 70 pre and post 64, or else I wouldn't have any reason to buy it.
Posted By: tmanners Re: Manners Story Board - 10/06/14
Originally Posted by gene270
tom,
what is the time frame for delivery when ordering a stock
Hi Gene, The office is quoting 16 to 20 weeks out on new orders. Some or quicker a few run a little longer. It really all depends on the build and the options, if the action is remington style based, they tend to run on the shorter side of that. We also have a few stocking distributors that carry a good amount of inventory at all times, Stockys, Bullets and Ero-optics, and we also have stocks ready to ship on our new web page.

We actually just did another expansion and added 2000 sq feet of just lap-up area to try and cut the lead times down. This should help,but it will take a while.

Thank you very much,
Posted By: haverluk Re: Manners Story Board - 10/06/14
Forgot to mention earlier that I was also able to make contact with Tom and he has been making every attempt to make right by me with my concerns regarding my EH-1 stock.

Manners gained a lot of respect in just a couple PMs. Great products backed by great leadership and great customer service.

My opinion has changed and I won't hesitate a second to order another because I KNOW that I will be taken care of.
Posted By: Engine22 Re: Manners Story Board - 10/08/14

I couldn't have said it any better!
Posted By: Huntr Re: Manners Story Board - 10/08/14
Mr Manners,
Is there any chance us lefties will see the MCS-SL available for us?

Thanks in advance!

Chip
Posted By: Stadle01 Re: Manners Story Board - 10/09/14
I have an EH2 on 300 WSM build on a LH MRC Action. this is my first complete build so I was not sure what stock I would like. wanted a stock that could handle the prone shooting but also work for offhand if needed. Was thinking this would serve more as a longer range rifle. Will try and get some pictures up in the next couple of days when I get home.

customer service was excellent with Manners. had a few issues with the stock when it arrived and they took care of it immediately. Tom took care of it. Gave me the choice of sending back or have my smith fix it and send them the bill. I took option 2. He also offered me a discount on my next stock order! All I can really ask, cannot expect perfection all the time, but how a company handles an issue is what really matters. This was handled fast and convenient for me. Will be ordering another stock soon, just trying to decide which one I want next.

started my load workup and it shoots about a .45 5 shot group with 190 bergers and H4831SC. This from a new reloader and not much tinkering yet. It actually shot a few different loads and powders in this range. had 3 other 3 shot groups at .67 or so with new Norma Brass as i worked up in powder charge. So overall, very happy and will probably be able to shot a little better once i learn more about loading.

here is a link for those interested with some of the specs on the stocks. Drop at comb and drop at heel.

http://mannersstocks.com/stock-technical-specifications/

Posted By: tmanners Re: Manners Story Board - 10/13/14
Originally Posted by Huntr
Mr Manners,
Is there any chance us lefties will see the MCS-SL available for us?

Thanks in advance!

Chip
Hi Chip, At this time we do not have any plans on doing the SL in a left hand version. We where actually hoping to fill that gap with the introduction of the EH3 which is ambidextrous. We will always look at it harder if we get enough request. I would be more than happy to get a sample Eh3 out to you to see how that would fit your needs, just shoot me a PM. We also have a few new elite huntig stocks coming out here in the next few months that might fit your needs. Also after hearing what some of the guys here would like to see, I just started on a more tradition mountain style stock with a open grip, round bottom and a little narrower forend. Should have a few pics in about a month. Thank you very much,
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Manners Story Board - 10/13/14
Tom,
Any chance the new elite hunting stocks will be included in a 2015 group buy?
Thanks,
Marty
Posted By: Huntr Re: Manners Story Board - 10/13/14
Tom,
Thank you very much for the kind offer, however, after hearing about the new hunting stock with more open grip, round profile, etc. I will definitely wait to see it when you have some pics available. I am definitely in the camp that would love to see a stock like that from you guys. Thank you!

Chip
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Manners Story Board - 10/14/14
Also after hearing what some of the guys here would like to see, I just started on a more tradition mountain style stock with a open grip, round bottom and a little narrower forend. Should have a few pics in about a month. Thank you very much,

That's fantastic!

Thanks for being receptive to what guys want. In addition to the above please consider keeping the drop at comb and drop at heel to a minimum, and NO Monte Carlo. Just a nice straight stock with a comb high enough to use with today's bigger objective scopes.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 10/14/14
Tom is the man! Cant wait to see the new stock. Sounds like a good fit for a Hart #2!
Posted By: rta48 Re: Manners Story Board - 10/14/14
Yesterday I received my Manners MCS-TA LH, finished in GAP molded camo. I had sent them my AM bottom metal and they returned it with the stock. The bottom metal fit is perfect, I really like the feel and finish.

I have Defiance Deviant with a #5 Brux going in this stock. It is at my smith's so I couldn't check for action fit.

The overall workmanship appears top shelf. After owning several McMillans I am excited to get this gun out together. I really like the adjustable comb and 19 weeks & 4 days from order to doorstep is pretty fair IMO.

Randy
Posted By: SLM Re: Manners Story Board - 10/14/14
Look forward to seeing pics.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Manners Story Board - 10/14/14
Also after hearing what some of the guys here would like to see, I just started on a more tradition mountain style stock with a open grip, round bottom and a little narrower forend. Should have a few pics in about a month.

Very cool, looking forward to it!
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Manners Story Board - 10/14/14
Also after hearing what some of the guys here would like to see, I just started on a more tradition mountain style stock with a open grip, round bottom and a little narrower forend. Should have a few pics in about a month.

Very cool, looking forward to it!

+1 more. I'll be interested to see those. Seems like it would be the perfect stock for a 1st Gen Ti 7MM-08. Please keep us posted on those and when you can a picture would be most appreciated!
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Manners Story Board - 10/15/14
Please put a slight cheekpiece on it, with a high straight comb.

Good examples to look at would be the Forbes stock and the Remington KS pattern, and the Brown Precision classic pattern.
Posted By: Grand Re: Manners Story Board - 10/18/14
Tom: I'd like to see the mini-chassis with a universal SA inlet, so a guy can run a M-700, Definance, Stiller or any of the variations without worrying about the bolt release location and bolt handle configuration.

I'd also like to see a T5A with a trimmed A3 style front end. Love the thumbhole, but not the bulk.

Posted By: WaArcher Re: Manners Story Board - 10/23/14
Hey guys, I don't frequent here much but came across this thread while doing a search for a comparison between the EH2 and EH3 stocks. I am having a hard time deciding which one will be the best for me. I am planning on dropping a Remington 700 S/A in 300wsm into one of these two stocks. It will be a go everywhere hunting rifle. A lot of my shots are from the prone position, but shooting off hand isn't out of the question. Scope will be a 4.5-14x50 LR CDS Leupold on a seekins rail and I will keep it mounted as low as possible. I noticed it looks like the eh2 has a more vertical butt pad while the eh3 looks a little more angled. Is that reality, or is it just the pictures on the website that make it look like that? Thanks for any insight you guys have.
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: Manners Story Board - 10/23/14
EH3 has a more open grip. I had an EH2 and liked everything about the stock except the grip. If I were doing it again, I'd go with the EH3.

John
Posted By: WaArcher Re: Manners Story Board - 10/23/14
Thanks for the reply. Do they shoulder any differently? Or is the grip and cheek piece the main difference?
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 10/24/14
The EH3 is a more trim stock all the way around. The EH2 is comparable in size to the McMillan HTG.
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Manners Story Board - 10/24/14
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Tom,
Any chance the new elite hunting stocks will be included in a 2015 group buy?
Thanks,
Marty

I got my first one last year on the group buy. Just waiting and watching for another!! Great stock no problems with mine I got one for the tikka and like it so far.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 10/24/14
I just started on a more tradition mountain style stock with a open grip, round bottom and a little narrower forend. Should have a few pics in about a month. Thank you very much,

Tom, you know this is on our calendar. I hope its progressing!
Posted By: 65BR Re: Manners Story Board - 10/25/14
Good thread. Like to hear when a mfg listens to customers feedback.

Had an interest in a Manners.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Manners Story Board - 11/02/14
Also after hearing what some of the guys here would like to see, I just started on a more tradition mountain style stock with a open grip, round bottom and a little narrower forend. Should have a few pics in about a month. Thank you very much,

Tom,

Just make a dupe of the Remington KS stock & all will be right in the world; slim, round forend, open grip, cheekpiece.

MM
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Manners Story Board - 11/14/14
After owning quite a few stocks and seeing the pics posted here and on other threads, I definitely have a need that should be filled.

I would like to see a lightweight hunting stock made with a comb that is high enough to get a good cheek weld when a 50mm objective scope is mounted on a 20 MOA picatinny rail.

I really hate to put a friggin' "backpack" or "purse" on the stock to raise the comb. Many of the pics posted have the damn things on there and look like chit..... as do all of mine that I have to do that to. Sucks.

Posted By: BobinNH Re: Manners Story Board - 11/14/14
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Please put a slight cheekpiece on it, with a high straight comb.

....... Brown Precision classic pattern.

Ditto.

Slim for end, not too short,high straight comb, and slim grip. Can't wait to see it!
Posted By: EdM Re: Manners Story Board - 11/15/14
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Tom,

Just make a dupe of the Remington KS stock & all will be right in the world; slim, round forend, open grip, cheekpiece.

MM

Spot on.
Posted By: slg888 Re: Manners Story Board - 11/15/14
This thread cracks me up, lol.

Tom, I'd like to see one with a built in GPS, electronic hand warmer, storage compartment for iphone & binocs, and a flip down DVD player...... and keep it under 16oz please.
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Manners Story Board - 11/15/14
This thread cracks me up, lol.

Tom, I'd like to see one with a built in GPS, electronic hand warmer, storage compartment for iphone & binocs, and a flip down DVD player...... and keep it under 16oz please.

Yeah, all of the "wants" are as outrageous as dumbass post....
Posted By: haverluk Re: Manners Story Board - 12/11/14
Tom,
Checking in on your new Mountain stock design you mentioned in October. Any designs or pictures you are willing to share with us yet?

Posted By: tmanners Re: Manners Story Board - 12/11/14
Hi Guys, The design is done, we actually started laying up the molds last week. I should be able to have some photos of the plug in about a week. Thank you very much,
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 12/11/14
Great! Anxious for the pics and specs!
Posted By: jpb Re: Manners Story Board - 12/11/14
Great! Anxious for the pics and specs!

The lack of pictures and specifications at this time suggests that Mr. Manners is aware of how to successfully market on internet forums like this...

I think this may be called "The Teasing Phase"... wink grin

However, understanding does not make one immune -- and I am looking forward to seeing the new one myself. smile

John
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Manners Story Board - 12/11/14
Heck, I'm ready to order one...
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Manners Story Board - 12/12/14
Wow. I'm impressed. Got an EH-4 for a 20" 5r 308 with threaded barrel. It's a little shorter forend for a shorter barrel with a high comb. I really like this stock and I've had a schittload ton of McMillans.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: Huntr Re: Manners Story Board - 12/12/14
Heck, I'm ready to order one...

Thinking the same here!
Posted By: 65BR Re: Manners Story Board - 12/12/14
257 - that EH-4 is under consideration for my 6.5L shorty
Need to put one in my hands.
Posted By: SLM Re: Manners Story Board - 12/13/14
Looking forward to seeing it.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Manners Story Board - 12/13/14
I'm thinking an EH-4 would be a perfecto stock for a youth model 700 SA with 20" barrel.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Manners Story Board - 12/13/14
Yea. Any short barrel rifle should look at home in it. I should have my actions in a few weeks and will post up some more pics. It will wear a superchicken 6x.
Posted By: Wrangler13 Re: Manners Story Board - 12/17/14
Pics of the mountain stock tomorrow?
Posted By: cast10K Re: Manners Story Board - 12/21/14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0YIJQ1jgEI

grin
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 12/27/14
btt
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Manners Story Board - 12/27/14
Another vote for manufacturing a stock with 14.5" LOP. A series of recoil pads looks loke chit.
Posted By: rc82bttb Re: Manners Story Board - 01/01/15
Tom, Any update on the new stock design?
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Manners Story Board - 01/01/15
Here's the 20" 5r with the suppressor and EH4. I like it.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Other specs:

Superchicken 6x MQ
Nightforce 20 MOA rail
Badger Alloy rings
Jewell Trigger
Factory BDL bottom metal
Liberty Freedom Mag suppressor (24 ozs)

Posted By: tmanners Re: Manners Story Board - 01/01/15
Originally Posted by rc82bttb
Tom, Any update on the new stock design?
We have production samples of all the new 2015 projects just about through in the finish room and ready for the Shot Show There is about a half dozen new stocks/options for 2015. I will get some good photos of the new mountain stock ( mcs-EH6 ) up first of next week. In stead of just showing off the plug I wanted guys to get a good idea of the size and shape, so I built up a gun on one for photos. Out the first production run we also have 4 or 5 sample stocks for guys that want to get there hands on them, there is no cost for this, we just ask that the guys send them back ups insured.

Thank you
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 01/01/15
New Years Eve post at 8:30. Thats a man with his mind on his business!

257, thats a nice looking rig! My neighbors would surely appreciate it if I went the suppressor route! Been toying with the idea of a SilencerCo Harvester.
Posted By: Sevens Re: Manners Story Board - 01/06/15
Tom,

Any pics and/or details on the EH6? What are they weighing in at?

Interested in getting one - when will you start taking orders?
Posted By: tmanners Re: Manners Story Board - 01/07/15
HI Guys, Here is a few pics of our new EH6 stock. It is a 100% carbon fiber just like all of or elite hunting series stocks. We will offer this stock in two versions, the short ( which will take rem 700 with up to a 1.3" 1.25 dia straight shank, and the long version, which will take up to a 700 long with a 1.75" straight shank. The reason for this is that we wanted to keep the overall size of this stock as compact as possible. Its hard to tell by the pictures but this stock is very rounded, on the bottom and just enough flat for a Bdl hinge. Lop on these came out a 14.5" with a 1" pad, the one in the pic is 14" with a 1/2". The shape and height of the butt section is very close to the EH3 stock which has a high cheek to get your head up high for the bigger objective scopes that most a running. The front of the cheek will have a small grove for the bolt to clear when cycled. The drop of the pad from the center of the bore is very high at about .78". The first batch of stocks averaged 22 to 24 ounces with a 1/2 pad installed. All had seven or 700 short inlets with bartlein 2b contours in them. The first pic is with the new defiance rem seven style action, with a bartlein#2b and badger ordanance rem seven detach mag bottom metal. The metal is not coated yet so sorry for the bad pic. The second pic show the narrow more traditional straight grip with just enough palm swell to fit your hand. The third pic is of the top profile of the stock, with the seven style action and the 1" straight shank of the 2B. The third and forth pics are of the EH3 ( tan ) and the new Eh6 ( camo ) side by side for comparison. We actually have about 7 new stocks/options coming out that we will have at the shot show this year. Thank you very much, [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Manners Story Board - 01/07/15
Awesome!

Thanks Tom, looks like a winning design.

Also, it�s really cool to see a manufacturer take customer�s thoughts and wishes and translate them into a product.

Very cool!
Posted By: haverluk Re: Manners Story Board - 01/08/15
Yup, I will be putting in the order ASAP.
EH-6 for the win!
Posted By: cast10K Re: Manners Story Board - 01/08/15
Looks great Tom. Can the EH6 be inletted for M70's, or better yet MRC 1999's?
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 01/08/15
Tom, Nice!!!! Just when I thought I was settled in with rifles with no foreseeable plans of another. Now this! The EH6 / Defiance Seven scheme you have going really has the wheels turning!
Posted By: RenoH414 Re: Manners Story Board - 01/08/15
I really like my EH-3 stocks but the new 6 seems like a real winner. I may have to have one of those!!! Very nicely done Tom.

Reno
Posted By: EdM Re: Manners Story Board - 01/08/15
HI Guys, Here is a few pics of our new EH6 stock. It is a 100% carbon fiber just like all of or elite hunting series stocks. We will offer this stock in two versions, the short ( which will take rem 700 with up to a 1.3" 1.25 dia straight shank, and the long version, which will take up to a 700 long with a 1.75" straight shank. The reason for this is that we wanted to keep the overall size of this stock as compact as possible. Its hard to tell by the pictures but this stock is very rounded, on the bottom and just enough flat for a Bdl hinge. Lop on these came out a 14.5" with a 1" pad, the one in the pic is 14" with a 1/2". The shape and height of the butt section is very close to the EH3 stock which has a high cheek to get your head up high for the bigger objective scopes that most a running. The front of the cheek will have a small grove for the bolt to clear when cycled. The drop of the pad from the center of the bore is very high at about .78". The first batch of stocks averaged 22 to 24 ounces with a 1/2 pad installed. All had seven or 700 short inlets with bartlein 2b contours in them. The first pic is with the new defiance rem seven style action, with a bartlein#2b and badger ordanance rem seven detach mag bottom metal. The metal is not coated yet so sorry for the bad pic. The second pic show the narrow more traditional straight grip with just enough palm swell to fit your hand. The third pic is of the top profile of the stock, with the seven style action and the 1" straight shank of the 2B. The third and forth pics are of the EH3 ( tan ) and the new Eh6 ( camo ) side by side for comparison. We actually have about 7 new stocks/options coming out that we will have at the shot show this year. Thank you very much, [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Not even close...
Posted By: cast10K Re: Manners Story Board - 01/08/15
Not even close to what?
Posted By: Sevens Re: Manners Story Board - 01/08/15
Tom,

Is the EH6 available in ADL configuration and when will you start taking orders for them?

Also, HUGE thank you for the longer LOP as standard!!!
Posted By: xverminator Re: Manners Story Board - 01/10/15
Am I the only one that can't find the Model 7 clone on the Defiance website? I'm guessing it will be listed after Shot?

X-VERMINATOR
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 01/10/15
Exverminator, Same here, nor the Badger M7 bottom. Should be a neat combo. Based on Tom's pics above, it looks like Defiance has a single slot picatinny compatible base. I can REALLY like it if Defiance can be coerced to making it in a lower profile so that 40mm scopes can be mounted low enough. I have no experience with Defiance but a friend called them the other day and said they were extremely open to one off modifications. I find that very interesting and attractive and will give them a shout myself to verify.
Posted By: darrenk75b Re: Manners Story Board - 01/10/15
Defiance made a model that was a 7 footprint. A member here has a 6.5x47 on one. However, this one is new. I've heard about the bottom metal, but this is the first I have seen of it. Ptg has also listed a few model 7 DBMS within the last few weeks
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Manners Story Board - 01/10/15
14" LOP hurts my chances of ordering one...
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Manners Story Board - 01/11/15
Originally Posted by EdM

Not even close...

I'm wondering, too.....close to what??
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Manners Story Board - 01/11/15
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by EdM

Not even close...

I'm wondering, too.....close to what??

I think he wanted a KS....

Are you in need of a stock with over 14.5� LOP?
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Manners Story Board - 01/11/15

I think he wanted a KS

Ahhhhhh. With the KS stocks being $700 new, i'd rather have just about anything else. I am a new Manners convert. Prefer pillars to mini-chassis for hunting stocks in Manners. The two Manners I have are quality.

Posted By: tmanners Re: Manners Story Board - 01/11/15
It is designed to be 14"lop with a 1/2" pad, we can get you to 14 1/2" with a 1" pad no problem.

Exverminator, Same here, nor the Badger M7 bottom. Should be a neat combo. Based on Tom's pics above, it looks like Defiance has a single slot picatinny compatible base. I can REALLY like it if Defiance can be coerced to making it in a lower profile so that 40mm scopes can be mounted low enough. I have no experience with Defiance but a friend called them the other day and said they were extremely open to one off modifications. I find that very interesting and attractive and will give them a shout myself to verify.
Both the Badger M7 and this Defiance action are new for the shot show. Im sure they will have them up on the their web pages shortly. I also like to run a smaller 40mm objective my self with it mounted as low as I can. I will post a pic once I get mine mounted this week.

Originally Posted by Sevens
Tom,
Is the EH6 available in ADL configuration and when will you start taking orders for them?Also, HUGE thank you for the longer LOP as standard!!!
Yes we can do the ADL configuration. We will have our web page update a few weeks after Shot Show and will start taking orders. Max LOP will is 14 1/2" with a 1" pad.

Originally Posted by cast10K
Looks great Tom. Can the EH6 be inletted for M70's, or better yet MRC 1999's?
We have two other versions, one a high tang for the Sako guys, and a deeper belly one for the Win type guys. I dont think that we will have samples of those done for the Shot SHow in time though.

Thank you very much,
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Manners Story Board - 01/11/15
Hey Tom, any chance of a Manners 10/22 stock?

Thanks,
Billy
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Manners Story Board - 01/11/15
Tom,
14" LOP is too long for me. I need 13 1/2 to 13 5/8 with 1" pad.
Regards,
Marty
Posted By: xverminator Re: Manners Story Board - 01/11/15
I see a Manners/Defiance/Brux .22-250 AI in my near future! Hopefully the 7 clones will become a reality.....

X-VERMINATOR
Posted By: Huntr Re: Manners Story Board - 01/11/15
Marty,
The max length is what he is talking about. 13.5 is an easy cut for them when they make the stock.
Posted By: xverminator Re: Manners Story Board - 01/11/15
Tom,
14" LOP is too long for me. I need 13 1/2 to 13 5/8 with 1" pad.
Regards,
Marty

Pretty sure they mean 13.5" is what they come out of the mold at. Add a 1" pad and you got a full 14.5" LOP for the "rubber neckers". Shorter is easy and the final length of pull is up to you! Just have to specify...

X-VERMINATOR
Posted By: tmanners Re: Manners Story Board - 01/12/15
I can REALLY like it if Defiance can be coerced to making it in a lower profile so that 40mm scopes can be mounted low enough.
Here is a picture with one of the new Leupold VX-6 3-18 44mm mounted with low Bader aluminum rings. I usually try to run lower, but with the high comp on the stock, it is perfect for me and just about all the guys in the shop [Linked Image] .
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Manners Story Board - 01/13/15
Tom,
So, when is the group buy???
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 01/13/15
Tom, thanks for the pic. Still too high for my taste. .400 - .450 is my target.

A base the height of the Burris two piece picatinny, .17", is what it takes. Most low rings are about .250", with a combined height of .420" with a the Burris base.

An option, though pricey ($200), is the APA Trulock low rings. They are the only picatinny ring I know of that is lower than .250, coming in at .160. If the Defiance base is around .250" the combo will work for me.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Manners Story Board - 01/13/15
Lots of long ways around the barn.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 01/20/15
EH6 Report

I got my hands on an EH6. I will compare it to the EH3 for reference.

EH6 = Tan
EH3 = Midnight Camo

The butt of the EH6 appears and feels the same as the EH3; same drop at heel and comb, both of which are relatively trim and high (which I prefer).

The EH6 has more palm swell than the EH3.

[Linked Image]

The grip of the EH6 is more open than the EH3.

[Linked Image]

The forend of the EH6 has less belly than the EH3. It has a much more trim feel in the hand. It appears that they will both roughly accept the same size barrel. The barrel pictured is a Hart #3.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The bottom of the EH6 is much more round than the EH3, a lot more so than pictures indicate. It feels really nice if you happen to carry a rifle with your hand cradling the bottom metal. I would call it perfect.

[Linked Image]

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAACmc/2Zjwq7IUliQ/w487-h835-no/07.JPG[/img]

The bottom difference is not only in the rounded corners but the entire side of EH6 is more rounded. Compare the area with the red line and you'll see what I mean.

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...m8/3VpqEyZYWfY/w516-h835-no/DSC_0545.JPG[/img]

Crap! Now I've got to build another rifle. I said I was done for a while.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Manners Story Board - 01/20/15
I'll give one a whirl, once I see how bad my taxes are going to be.
Posted By: Ghostwalker Re: Manners Story Board - 01/20/15
The EH3 is a very nice stock. I've got 5 T's but just received the EH3 and am very happy with the fit.
Posted By: Shooter71 Re: Manners Story Board - 01/20/15
They sent me one too and I really like it. Do wish the forend was a little shorter but will buy one regardless.
Great photos ctsmith, thanks for posting those. Do you happen to have an EHSL for comparison sake?
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Manners Story Board - 01/20/15

Yeah, now I'm in the build again mode after seeing those. Thanks for posting them...or maybe not, since it's going to cost me...
Posted By: haverluk Re: Manners Story Board - 01/20/15
Yep, I am going to have Rbros Rifles spin me one in 6.5CM with a Defiance action, a Broughton #3.1 and topped with a NF 2.5-10x42

Thanks a lot Tom... Spent my tax return before I even filed.
Posted By: cast10K Re: Manners Story Board - 01/20/15
To the guys who've handled the samples, does the trim fore arm seem to flex noticeably more than the SL or EH3?
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Manners Story Board - 01/20/15
I'd like to try that EH6 I like no palm swell though. I'm going to build a med weight and like slim look of the EH6. How does the SL compare to the EH6
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 01/20/15
Jerrad, I'd not discount the EH6 only because of the palm swell. It is a nice balance, certainly not overly large. I'd handle one before I wrote it off.

Cast, I noticed no flex difference.

SM, I do not have a SL to compare.

Jay, fine firearms only increase in value. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Scott, I'll believe it when I see it. grin
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Manners Story Board - 01/22/15

Same here. I'm going to jump on the group buy just to try it out. Might have to order it ADL for S&G.
Posted By: BradB Re: Manners Story Board - 01/22/15
Is there a group buy happening?
Posted By: jmsdad Re: Manners Story Board - 01/23/15
Yes, Manners usually do a group buy on stocks right after SHOT show. I might get on it for a future build...
Posted By: Cheese_Burger Re: Manners Story Board - 01/31/15
I appreciate the geometry updates and background.

Does anyone have real life weights on the SL or weight comparisons between EH4 which I understand to be 100% carbon fiber shell with different weight fill compared to spec building one with the same shell but choosing the 100% CF fill option?

Looking for a compact stock, love my McMillans but not their compact or weights, looking for a light 338 Federal build with a 20-21" barrel.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by JerradPelzer
I'd like to try that EH6 I like no palm swell though. I'm going to build a med weight and like slim look of the EH6. How does the SL compare to the EH6

If you don't like a palm swell, you won't like the new stock. I handled one at SHOT. The geometry is good, but the grip didn't agree with me.

...and keep in mind that my favorite stock of all time is the McMillan (Sako) Hunter, which has a palm swell.

I do like Manners stocks though. I handled everything they had on display and will be trying one in the near future.
Posted By: Shooter71 Re: Manners Story Board - 02/01/15
Zero flex anywhere that I could tell.
Posted By: tmanners Re: Manners Story Board - 02/06/15
Originally Posted by BradB
Is there a group buy happening?
Yes we will start it mid next week. I was actually waiting to start it so we could finish the stock below. This is our new MCS-EH8. We had originally intended to roll it out at the same time as our new EH6, but with all the new items for the Shot Show, we did not make it.

The average weight of this stock will be 22 to 24 ounces with a 1/2" pad and is about 2.75" shorter than the EH6. It is designed for a rem seven or 700 s/a with up to a Bart#2b with about a 1.4" long shank. The max LOP with a 1" pad is 14.5". It will take a BDL bottom metal but is really designed for a ADL. Very round contoured with traditional straight grip, very little palm swell and a high cheek to get you head up for a larger objective scope. The barreled action in the stock is the new defiance Seven, with a bart #2B.

After listening to some of the post on this thread after we posted the new EH6, I think that it is going to fill some of the needs for the guys that where looking for even a small and shorter stock with the more traditional grip.

Thank you very much,
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Steve_G Re: Manners Story Board - 02/06/15
Thomas, thanks the update. Man you guys don't rest much do you? I'm trying to choose one of your EH stocks. I'm using a Rem 700 L/A with sporter profile 18" bbl. What would you suggest? I notice you mention most of the compact stocks are built for the S/A, would a L/A with your MCS-BDL chassis be a problem?
Thank you,
Steve
Posted By: RiesigJay Re: Manners Story Board - 02/06/15
The average weight of this stock will be 22 to 24 ounces with a 1/2" pad and is about 2.75" shorter than the EH6. It is designed for a rem seven or 700 s/a with up to a Bart#2b with about a 1.4" long shank. The max LOP with a 1" pad is 14.5". It will take a BDL bottom metal but is really designed for a ADL. Very round contoured with traditional straight grip, very little palm swell and a high cheek to get you head up for a larger objective scope. The barreled action in the stock is the new defiance Seven, with a bart #2B.

After listening to some of the post on this thread after we posted the new EH6, I think that it is going to fill some of the needs for the guys that where looking for even a small and shorter stock with the more traditional grip.

Thank you very much,
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/sidoiler/DSC00753640x186_zps06548b60.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/sidoiler/DSC00759_zps38212ba3.jpg

That looks awesome. LH available, right?
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Manners Story Board - 02/06/15
I'm thinking my son's LH 243 might get a new lighter weight stock!
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 02/07/15
Nice tom, REAL nice!
Posted By: Huntr Re: Manners Story Board - 02/07/15
Very, very nice!!
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Manners Story Board - 02/07/15
Tom is there by chance going to be anything new for the Tikkas? Really like the looks of that EH8!
Posted By: Sevens Re: Manners Story Board - 02/07/15
Tom,

Will the EH8 only be for the short action 700 or can it be had in the long action 700? How long is the forend forward of the front action screw?

Also, got any pics of a stock in leaf green? Thinking of going with that color, but can't seem to find many examples of the color.

Thanks!
Posted By: Gansettx Re: Manners Story Board - 02/13/15
Come on Group buy...tap tap tap
Posted By: 10generation Re: Manners Story Board - 02/14/15
Anyone able to compare the EH6 to the Manners T?

Thanks
Posted By: Cheese_Burger Re: Manners Story Board - 02/15/15
Mr. Manners,

Could you speak to the difference between the EH4 and the EH8?

I see weight quotes, do they change if you choose 100% CF fill? I understand the EH series to be CF shell, but does the weight drop with 100% CF fill? As in, can the SL go lighter or will the EH4 and EH8 be even lighter spec'd with 100% CF fill?

Thanks, building a 338 Federal 20-21" barrel, light weight carry in the hills for elk and bear gun.
Posted By: tmanners Re: Manners Story Board - 02/16/15
Originally Posted by Cheese_Burger
Mr. Manners,

Could you speak to the difference between the EH4 and the EH8?

I see weight quotes, do they change if you choose 100% CF fill? I understand the EH series to be CF shell, but does the weight drop with 100% CF fill? As in, can the SL go lighter or will the EH4 and EH8 be even lighter spec'd with 100% CF fill?

Thanks, building a 338 Federal 20-21" barrel, light weight carry in the hills for elk and bear gun.

Hi, Here is a ling to our spec sheet on our web page which will have all the basic dimension specs on our stocks. http://mannersstocks.com/stock-technical-specifications/

. The overall shape of the EH4 is bigger than the EH8. All the EH series stocks come standard with the 100% carbon fiber shell and the controlled heavy fill around the pillers and lug areas. The SL and EH4 are very close in overall mass and will always come in about the same weight. On your 338 build, there is a lot of variables ( barrel size, action, size of scope objective, ect.), if you PM me your contact phone number I would be more than happy to give you a call and walk you through them so you make the right choice that best fits. Thank you very much,

Posted By: tmanners Re: Manners Story Board - 02/16/15
Tom,

Will the EH8 only be for the short action 700 or can it be had in the long action 700? How long is the forend forward of the front action screw?

Also, got any pics of a stock in leaf green? Thinking of going with that color, but can't seem to find many examples of the color.

Thanks!
The EH8 is realy only designed for upto a 700 short action, if we get enough request im sure that we can make a bigger version no problem. The issue is that it is a quick taper stock on the top and bottom, it was designed to hung the action, if I would make a small stock like this to fit everything, it wouldn't look right when you have a rem seven in it, there would be alot of stock showing on the top side.

I will see if i have any pictures of a all leaf green stock and post them up. Leaf green is a good color that works well in camo patterns, but for me personally I like the OD better for solid painted stocks. .

Originally Posted by Gansettx
Come on Group buy...tap tap tap
It started this morning.

Originally Posted by 10generation
Anyone able to compare the EH6 to the Manners T?

Thanks
Here is a link to our stock spec page that might help you out. PM me if you have any other questions. Thank you http://mannersstocks.com/stock-technical-specifications/

Originally Posted by JerradPelzer
Tom is there by chance going to be anything new for the Tikkas? Really like the looks of that EH8!
We did come out with a adjustable cheek version of our small MCS-EHT ( tikka ) hunting stock this year. It uses the new LRI titanium hardware.

Originally Posted by RiesigJay

That looks awesome. LH available, right?
Yes, no problem the new EH8 is designed as a amb. stock, it can be inleted for both right and left actions.

Thank you very much,
Posted By: Cheese_Burger Re: Manners Story Board - 02/17/15
Awesome, thanks!

I understand the shell part, but how does specing a 100% CF fill change the weight estimates on the sheet? A few ounces?

Lightest 338 barrel I can get that the smith likes is a Bartlein 3, so it looks like I am heading towards a EH4.

Looking forward to being a Manners customer.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Manners Story Board - 02/17/15
CB, if I understand your question correctly, I do not think that Manners offers the stock without the control heavy fill around pillars and lug (or 100% CF fill as you say).
Posted By: tmanners Re: Manners Story Board - 02/17/15
Originally Posted by Cheese_Burger
Awesome, thanks!

I understand the shell part, but how does specing a 100% CF fill change the weight estimates on the sheet? A few ounces?

Lightest 338 barrel I can get that the smith likes is a Bartlein 3, so it looks like I am heading towards a EH4.

Looking forward to being a Manners customer.

Hi Cheese, The EH series stocks come standard already with our lightest weight fill. They can also be had with the heavier more dense fill that we use in our tactical stock. If a guy wants this heavier fill i suggest also getting the standard shell which is about 75% glass and 25% carbon fiber, this will also save you a few bucks on the overall cost of the stock. This heavier option is not a bad Idea when you are running a big magnum, most guys like a little xtra weight to help manage recoil. The stock will still be pretty light, it will only add about 8 to 9 ounces.

The EH series lightest weight fill is done with what we call the controlled fill process. ( note pic below ) The heavy fill blocks in them do add weight, probably around 1 1/2 to 2 ounces but I don't feel comfortable not putting them in. Especially on big magnum rounds. These areas are where all the energy of the action is transferred to the stock, they have to withstand the recoil. Another reason this is done is that all of our stocks have a life time guarantee no matter you are the first owner or fifth and this ensures many years of trouble free use.

I hope this answered what you where asking, if not give me a buzz at the shop and i will get you squared away. Thank you very much,.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: drano 25 Re: Manners Story Board - 02/17/15
Tom,

[quote=Gansettx]Come on Group buy...tap tap tap
It started this morning.

What are the details of the group buy, and how do you get in on it?
Posted By: Carl_Ross Re: Manners Story Board - 02/17/15
Group buy:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=541&f=5555&t=13658879
Posted By: SNAP Re: Manners Story Board - 02/17/15
I am interested in an EH6 for Mauser 98 patterns, my actions are two Brno 21 smallring and one Brno ZG-47 largering. These fit into Mauser 98 inlets and are THE finest commercial bolt actions in hunting rifles ever produced.

I now have 28 big game custom rifles in various synthetic stocks and have had others, about 3 dozen since my first Brown in 1985.

I am always looking for the best blanks to build more fine hunting rifles for use here in BC.

Ideas?
Posted By: Grand Re: Manners Story Board - 02/23/15
Originally Posted by Grand
Tom: I'd like to see a T5A with a trimmed A3 style front end. Love the thumbhole, but not the bulk.

Thanks Tom for answering my request. The MCS-T5/A is exactly what I had in mind.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Manners Story Board - 02/24/15
Originally Posted by SNAP

I am always looking for the best blanks to build more fine hunting rifles for use here in BC.

Ideas?

Pick up the phone and call Tom Manners. He has answered all my questions.
Posted By: tmanners Re: Manners Story Board - 02/24/15
Originally Posted by SNAP
I am interested in an EH6 for Mauser 98 patterns, my actions are two Brno 21 smallring and one Brno ZG-47 largering. These fit into Mauser 98 inlets and are THE finest commercial bolt actions in hunting rifles ever produced.

I now have 28 big game custom rifles in various synthetic stocks and have had others, about 3 dozen since my first Brown in 1985.

Ideas?
HI Snap, PM me your contact information or email it to me and I will give you a buzz. Im sure we can get you fixed up. Thank you very much,
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Manners Story Board - 02/26/15
Can the EH8 be inletted for a Win70 short action?
Posted By: xverminator Re: Manners Story Board - 03/05/15
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Can the EH8 be inletted for a Win70 short action?

How about the Sako L-461 or A-1???

X-VERMINATOR
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Manners Story Board - 04/05/15
Since this is a "story board" how about a few more pics. Personally, I'd like to see a comparison of the Manners T3 to the McM Rem Varmint.
Bumpage for info and pics
Posted By: Sponxx Re: Manners Story Board - 10/19/15
I'm trying to decide between a EH4 and a MCS-T for a versatile gun that will see mountain and range use.
I prefer a more pronounced palm swell and wider forearm as I have somewhat big hands, and are used to a lot of shotgunning and wing shooting
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Manners Story Board - 10/19/15
Sponxx,

You might want to check out the EH-6. nice palm swell on it.
What action inlets can you get the EH-6 in?
Posted By: cast10K Re: Manners Story Board - 10/23/15
I just got 3 samples from Manners - SL, EH3 and EH6. Before they got here I was leaning SL, but that little EH6 feels great and much trimmer than the other two.

The EH6 is inletted for a 700sa BDL and bartlein 2b (figure .5" exposed shank), 14" lop, 1/2" pad, and weighs 25.5 ounces w/o pillars.

The SL is inletted for 700la ADL, a bigger barrel (maybe rem mag sporter), 13.25" LOP, 1/2" pad, pillars installed, and weighs 26.1 ounces.

The EH3 isn't inletted.

This thread already has some pretty good comparison pics, but let me know if you want to see something specific.
Posted By: Sponxx Re: Manners Story Board - 10/26/15
Kimber7man,
I may be wrong, but by the pics and description seems like the EH4 may fit me better than the EH6, based on forearm and comb.
MCS-T may work better for range gun, and is a little heavier to boot.
Looking forward to group buy!
Posted By: cast10K Re: Manners Story Board - 10/26/15
There's a group buy in the works?
Posted By: Sponxx Re: Manners Story Board - 10/27/15
SnipersHide has one each year I believe. Not sure if there will be one here.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Manners Story Board - 10/27/15
Group buy on the hide is usually in Jan each year.
Posted By: k20350 Re: Manners Story Board - 11/03/15
I have never bought a Manners but just want to say they were some of the most polite people i have ever talked to on the phone business wise. I was going to start a custom build and called them with a few questions on their stocks. they talked to me for a good 30 minutes answering many questions and giving me advice for my first build. it was like talking to a friend on the phone. i felt bad taking their time up as my wife found out our second child was on the way shortly after and never ended up ordering from them. Someday i will make it up to them. Just saying good people to deal with it seemed.
Posted By: InternetGuru Re: Manners Story Board - 02/18/16
I'm considering a Manners for a Win 70 S/A featherweight.

Does anyone have pics of a EH6 and SL together?
Posted By: SLM Re: Manners Story Board - 02/18/16
Don't have an EH6 but think the SL would be a bit much for a FW.
Posted By: ejo Re: Manners Story Board - 02/19/16
Anyone have experience with the EH5? I'm considering this stock for a build and any thoughts would be helpful.

The plan is to use a Bighorn TL3 action and rem varmint contour barrel. 10-12 pound rifle complete and will be mostly for targets.
Posted By: Carl_Ross Re: Manners Story Board - 02/23/16
I have an EH5-A. Same as the 5, but of course with the adjustable cheekpiece.

I like it, but it is a lot bulkier of a stock than the SL, EH3, or EH6. Much more comparable to the EH1. Mine is paired with a Rem Varmint countour, and it would easily take more. The grip is actually slightly thicker than the grip on the T5-A (best stock ever, for me), to my chagrin.

Still, I love the vertical grip and the thumbhole. I may end up with an EH5 on my sporter hunting rifle before the dust settles, but I do wish it were slimmer all around for that role. It is more of a trim tactical stock than a sporter pattern.
© 24hourcampfire