Home
Hey all - Getting ready to order my first McMillan. I searched the forum and looked at pics until my eyes bled. Looked at all the examples on the precisionrifleblog link too. Used my best google-foo and can't find one like I'm thinking about. Want o design a camo colored McFlame using something like:

Black -> Light Tan -> Dark Green
or
Light Tan -> Olive -> Black

Anyone done anything similar using the camo/earth tone type colors? I'd appreciate a pic or two of it. I know they all come out different. Just having a hard time picturing a McFlame using those colors.

Suggestions? Thanks.
Rob
I'd think it would look kind of like a streaky, multi-tone turd. Maybe like you had Denny's biscuits and gravy for breakfast and then followed it up with a big cobb salad for lunch.
Originally Posted by JPro
I'd think it would look kind of like a streaky, multi-tone turd. Maybe like you had Denny's biscuits and gravy for breakfast and then followed it up with a big cobb salad for lunch.
Precisely the look I'm going for. Thanks for your input. wink
Lol....

I don't think it would be so hot as a flame, but as camo colors or a swirl, olive/tan/black always looks good. The flame effect seems to work better with "louder" colors.
I hear ya. That's kind of why I wanted to see one.
Swirl it.

[Linked Image]

Yep, gap or swirl. Maybe flame the light tan with the black or olive or dark green, but not all 3.

[Linked Image]

I could see doing a flame in gap colors. Using black at the forend, medium tan in the middle, and olive at the butt end..

Of course the gap swirl is always cool.
Originally Posted by US_Patriot
I could see doing a flame in gap colors. Using black at the forend, medium tan in the middle, and olive at the butt end..

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'd like to see a picture of if anyone has one that is.
Get someone who is into photoshop to give you an idea of what it would look like?
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Get someone who is into photoshop to give you an idea of what it would look like?

Funny you mention that, that's exactly what I've been trying to do. But I'm a novice Photoshop user...if I can git'r done I'll post up the rendering. smile
Never liked the looks of flamers. Occasionally a red, white, and blue one may have appeal, other than that they look like schit.

Someone had a diarrhea pattern on here a while back.
It's only $550...just order it and see how it turns out. You could paint it if you hate it...
Earth tone colors look good no matter what you do IMO.
yeah, but that don't match the rainbow sticker on your miata.
Originally Posted by JBO69
yeah, but that don't match the rainbow sticker on your miata.
It's ok, the stock is for my 270. grin
© 24hourcampfire