Home
I recently posted pictures of a Custom 6.5x.284 Win that I purchased from Robinson Custom Guns.

We finally got some decent weather her in western Pa. so I tried to work up some loads this afternoon. I tried some 120s, 127s, and 140s, with decent results, but this one was with 120 gr Nosler Hunting Ballistic Tips over 48.5 gr of IMR 4350.

This might be a keeper!

[Linked Image]

donsm70
You suck. cry
Looks like a keeper, for sure.

What twist and what tube?

I have an 6.5-284 (Norma chamber) 8.5 twist 26" Krieger on a Pre-64 with Bordens Bumps. Don't see many M-70's set up like that. Mine seems to like 140's best, set up for VLD's at 3K fps over 48.8 gr. RL-17, turned Lapua brass, Fed 210's, loaded for min. run out.

DF

[Linked Image]
Thanks Karnis, I like you too eek

DF, It is an 8.5 twist on a 24" Kreiger barrel, with an FN Special Police Sniper action.

Frank Robinson had similar 3 shot groups with 140 gr Sierra BTs over 50 gr of IMR 4350, but I don't have any of those bullets at the moment. I just tried different combinations of what I have.

donsm70
But rifles with inferior wood stocks won't shoot! And they just sit around and rust anyhow. grin

Good shooting. And that's a great looking rifle.
Don, it looks like you have a winner there.
Thanks Mike,

Good to hear from you.

Don
Originally Posted by donsm70
Thanks Karnis, I like you too eek

DF, It is an 8.5 twist on a 24" Kreiger barrel, with an FN Special Police Sniper action.

Frank Robinson had similar 3 shot groups with 140 gr Sierra BTs over 50 gr of IMR 4350, but I don't have any of those bullets at the moment. I just tried different combinations of what I have.

donsm70

Post a pic of the rifle so we can slobber again. It's quite a rig.
Just for you, Karnis.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks for looking.

donsm70
Very nice!
YIKES!!! Red Hot!
Freakin Love it!!!
Thanks guys.

donsm70
laugh

Beautimous......
Man oh man, I am sitting here with a new 6.5 Bux #3 just waiting for me to make up my mind. The 6.5x284 sure is tempting.

What is about Ballistic Tips? They shoot very well for me in everything I own.

Randy
I don't have a clue rta. I usually end up with Barnes TSX or TTSX, but I think I'm going to quit looking for this one.

donsm70
Darned thing looks as good as it shoots, great trigger control!
Thanks 65BR.

donsm70
Don, tell us the specs on that beautiful Winchester> I'm about to pick up my first pre-64 M70 next weekend. I'm very tempted to restore it like yours with a beautiful stock.
It's an FN Special Police Sniper action with a 8.5 in 1 twist, 24" Krieger barrel. Exhibition grade walnut stock, built by Frank Robinson (Robinson Custom Rifles) from Waynesburg, Pa.

Thanks for the interest.

donsm70
Don don't let those baggage gorillas touch that thing.

I had the goons at Delta crush one of mine that wasn't nearly as nice as yours and they said tough [bleep].
Don that is a beauty and it shoots good too. What's there not to like?
That's a nice caliber and rifle! Thanks for sharing.
© 24hourcampfire