Home
Anybody here have experience or knowledge about him?
My late best friend had a 6.5-06 put together by Charley and I got to shoot it some. It was more difficult to find a load that wouldn't shoot in that rifle than one that would.

John
PM rcamuglia, he shoots quit a few of them.
Quality smith and a quality guy.
I never had anything done by him but two friends of mine have had a few rifles built and/or worked on by him.

He seems to be a meticulous smith and is a wizard on Rem 700's.His rifles shoot very well.If I were building on a Remington I would not hesitate to send it to Charlie.
He worked on some of mine and built my 375 Wby. They shoot great, I also had a 700 8mm Rem mag that my gunsmith used his bedding pillars in, they worked great. Randy
As SLM says, Charley builds all of the custom rifles that I shoot. I've known him for 25+ years after having met him while working with him at a local iconic sporting goods store here in Albuquerque, Charlie's Sporting Goods (Named for the owner, Charlie Domenici, Pete's cousin).

Charley is a great guy and does his work the right way with no shortcuts.

I have lightweight hunting rifles as well as competition rifles built by Score High. Charley has a great crew in Andy and Ben in the shop. They all are avid shooters in the field as well as competitively and wouldn't do to your rifle what they wouldn't want done to theirs. They are some of my shooting buddies.

You will be happy with whatever you decide to build if it comes from Score High.

Originally Posted by rcamuglia
As SLM says, Charley builds all of the custom rifles that I shoot. I've known him for 25+ years after having met him while working with him at a local iconic sporting goods store here in Albuquerque, Charlie's Sporting Goods (Named for the owner, Charlie Domenici, Pete's cousin).

Charley is a great guy and does his work the right way with no shortcuts.

I have lightweight hunting rifles as well as competition rifles built by Score High. Charley has a great crew in Andy and Ben in the shop. They all are avid shooters in the field as well as competitively and wouldn't do to your rifle what they wouldn't want done to theirs. They are some of my shooting buddies.

You will be happy with whatever you decide to build if it comes from Score High.

+1

I have several rifles built by Charlie. Both hunting and target. He has his favorite projects and is exceptional at what he enjoys. He also is easy to talk with and freely gives any advice needed.
I have owned two rifles built by Charlie. His work is quality. He is a great guy to deal with.
One of the guys in his shop, Ben, is a friend of mine. They know what they are doing.
Sounds like people we should all get to know.
Score High and Charley Robertson are 1st class. He's built up several rifles for me and worked on some others.

There's also a 'Charley' who's a gunsmith who works in Charley's Sporting Goods. As noted.. the 'Charley' of Charley's Sporting Goods is yet a third 'Charley' as follows:

1) Charley of Score High
2) Charley Domenici (now deceased) who owned Charley's Sporting Goods
3) The gunsmith named Charley who worked for Charley Domenici at Charley's Sporting Goods

Everyone confused?
I think the other Charley is Charley Jackson ( Chuck ), Charley Domenici's SIL.

I had not heard that Charley Domenici had passed?
I kinda need to clear that up a bit. Charlie Domenici has NOT passed. He is alive and well. He is also my Brother In Law's uncle.

Charley Robertson started at Charlies sporting goods. Charley Jackson married Domenicis daughter, Valerie. Charlie Robertson left and started Score-Hi.
I haven't dealt with either of them in many years, but both Charlie Robertson and Charley Jackson are nice guys and excellent gunsmiths. Charlie Jackson is more of a general repair gunsmith. Charlie Robertson does nice custom work.

I know all three Charley's ,all three good people , the two charley gunsmiths are top notch! As for Charley. Robertson ,runs a top notch custom gun shop!!
Well I sent him a box of parts yesterday for a 223 AI. Thanks for your help, fellows!
© 24hourcampfire