Home
Posted By: Redneck Jewell triggers - 08/20/14
What's the deal with Jewell triggers? None to be found anywhere. They go out of business or something? Or can't keep up with demand? WTH??

Trying to find one for a customer and having ZERO luck..
Posted By: JasonF Re: Jewell triggers - 08/20/14
I managed to find one recently, but while I was looking I was told they were >1000 units backordered. That is a lot of triggers to catch up on.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Jewell triggers - 08/20/14
Holy crap = I just saw one on Ebay that sold for over $350!!!

eek

1K BO? Geez - maybe they need to step up production..
Posted By: Nortex Re: Jewell triggers - 08/20/14
I'm sure they got behind after the last Remington recall.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Jewell triggers - 08/20/14
I ordered one direct from Jewell a couple of months ago, and it took about 7 weeks to get one.

In the meantime, I checked in with Midway and got on their in stock email notification.

When I finally got word from Midway, I already got mine from Jewell, but noticed the triggers at Midway lasted 1 day.

Ha! Looks like I should have ordered 5 or 6 at $350 a pop!!!!!
Posted By: boatanchor Re: Jewell triggers - 08/20/14
Butch Fjoser has them in stock
butchsreloading

you are welcome
Posted By: gene270 Re: Jewell triggers - 08/20/14
maybe look at one of the new calvin elite models from Timney they have some good feedback on other forums if it works for your application
Originally Posted by boatanchor
Butch Fjoser has them in stock
butchsreloading

you are welcome
laugh laugh

Yes, thank you very much.. I wasted NO TIME in getting that order in..

Best wishes sir..
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Jewell triggers - 08/20/14
unless you want really really low pull weights I don't think you are any better off than having a tuned remington. I set all my triggers about 28 oz and at that pull weight I can't tell the difference if the remington is done right.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Jewell triggers - 08/20/14

Originally Posted by Nortex
I'm sure they got behind after the last Remington recall.

Nailed it!!!
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
unless you want really really low pull weights I don't think you are any better off than having a tuned remington. I set all my triggers about 28 oz and at that pull weight I can't tell the difference if the remington is done right.
(1) the customer is the one asking for the Jewell and

(2) I try to accomodate customers' wishes, unless they border on dangerous and

(3) ..
"I don't think you are any better off than having a tuned remington..."
LMAO...

smile
Posted By: joelkdouglas Re: Jewell triggers - 08/20/14
I only have one Jewell trigger (installed on a rifle built by Redneck), and it makes me wonder why all of my triggers aren't Jewell's.

Pull weight is only 1.5ish lbs, though. Maybe a bit light for a big game rifle. But she is a sweet trigger!
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Jewell triggers - 08/20/14
if your gunsmith can't get your remington trigger as good as a jewel at 1.5#'s there is something wrong with the trigger OR you need to find a better gunsmith. my best remington trigger I like a very slight amount better than my factory tuned jewel. a jewel shines and is absolutely necessary when you want pull weight substantially less. not needed for hunting rifles.
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: Jewell triggers - 08/20/14
I do have several Jewells and really like them for my competition rifles, but for a hunting rifle, I prefer a Shilen. The best and probably largest Jewell trigger guy is Larry Scott. Email below.
[email protected]
Posted By: BWalker Re: Jewell triggers - 08/20/14

I have Remington triggers tuned by Neil Jones and Eddie Fosnaugh. Both are pretty good, but a Jewell they are not.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Jewell triggers - 08/21/14
Hmmm...

What a deal. Obummer is stimulating rifle sales and Remington is stimulating Jewell trigger sales... shocked

What a country... grin

DF
Posted By: RenoH414 Re: Jewell triggers - 08/21/14
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Hmmm...

What a deal. Obummer is stimulating rifle sales and Remington is stimulating Jewell trigger sales... shocked

What a country... grin

DF

Lmao!!! That made me about choke on my water!! I needed that.

Reno
Posted By: jdunham Re: Jewell triggers - 08/22/14
Originally Posted by BWalker

I have Remington triggers tuned by Neil Jones and Eddie Fosnaugh. Both are pretty good, but a Jewell they are not.

I agree. I have several Remington triggers adjusted by Neil Jones, Bob Green and a few other smiths. Also have a bunch of Jewell's. The properly tuned Remington's are certainly nice triggers but they aren't Jewell's IMO.
Posted By: MShuntfish Re: Jewell triggers - 08/22/14
Jewells shine below 2.5 or so pounds. Otherwise, I can tune a Remmy that satisfies me.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Jewell triggers - 08/22/14
I'll have to agree..... A Rem 700 will never feel as good as a Jewell!
Posted By: BWalker Re: Jewell triggers - 08/23/14
Originally Posted by MShuntfish
Jewells shine below 2.5 or so pounds. Otherwise, I can tune a Remmy that satisfies me.

Why anyone would want a aftermarket trigger above 2lbs is beyond me. I run mine at 1lb for a hunting rig.
Posted By: powdr Re: Jewell triggers - 08/24/14
On my preferred rifle I spared no expense and went with a Jewell. I have never regretted it. If I could afford another couple I would. Them and Remington's aren't even on the same planet. powdr
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Jewell triggers - 08/24/14

Agreed. For a hunting rig, a properly tuned Remmy trigger is fine.
Posted By: BWalker Re: Jewell triggers - 08/24/14
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make em drink. Triggers above 2 lb suck for just about anything.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Jewell triggers - 08/24/14
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Hmmm...

What a country... grin

DF

laugh

What's worse, both are based on false premises.........

Casey
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Jewell triggers - 08/24/14
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make em drink. Triggers above 2 lb suck for just about anything.

I use the 40X triggers which are externally adj from 1.5lbs - 3 lbs.
Posted By: BWalker Re: Jewell triggers - 08/25/14
1 lb is perfect for a hunting rig.
Posted By: MShuntfish Re: Jewell triggers - 08/25/14
1 lb is perfect for a hunting rig.

Then you should shoot nothing but Jewells.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Jewell triggers - 08/25/14
To me, 1# trigger for a hunting rifle, cold weather, all around use, is a bit touchy.

If I was so inclined, Jewell would be THE trigger on all my 1# hunting rifles.

I'm more of a 2 to 2.5# guy, depending on the rifle, and I'm happy with a finely tuned, older Rem or Timney. Timneys are now $150 or so for a 700. Jard makes a replacement trigger/sear for the Rem factory trigger housing. The cost is around $50 and if it works as well as it looks, that may be my next 700 "fix".

Anyone tried the M-700 Jard parts?

DF
Posted By: joelkdouglas Re: Jewell triggers - 08/25/14
When it's 50 or 60 degrees and hunting, a 1 lb or 1.5 lb trigger would be good for me. If it's -10 I want a 2.5 or 3 lb trigger. Even a 5 lb trigger at -10 is good, my fingers are usually cold enough (even with gloves) the extra weight doesn't matter.

And really, when hunting I don't think about the trigger. All I ever remember is aim, breathe, recoil, reload, check for the animal on the ground. Never seem to think about the trigger weight, even if I'm hunting with a 5 lb trigger.
Posted By: MShuntfish Re: Jewell triggers - 08/26/14
I'd add that a 4 pound crisp trigger actually feels better, if not lighter than a creepy, mushy trigger of substantially lower pull.
Posted By: BWalker Re: Jewell triggers - 08/26/14
Have you ever used a 1 lb trigger in cold temps? I have extensively and it works great.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Jewell triggers - 08/26/14
Soft, sensitive hands?

DF
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Jewell triggers - 08/27/14
Wow 350 on e bay? I might pull mine out and sell them.. I kinda prefer Timney anyway...never adjust them very light anyway
© 24hourcampfire