Home
Nathan Chesney from Hillbilly Custom Rifles finally completed my 7LRM build. I originally wanted a Brux barrel on it but they were pretty far out so I think we ended up going with Hart - it's been awhile and I haven't seen the invoice yet, lol. Oh what I would give for a memory.

Built on a Win. model 70 stainless CRF action. Blueprinted, jewell trigger, Wyatts extended mag box, cerakoted the bolt knob, extractor and ring, safety, bolt release and action screws in black, I think the rest is sniper grey, bedded to the McFlame. Should be here Monday or Tuesday. Throwing a nightforce 5.5-22x50 on it and goal is to shoot the 175 ABLR's. Only have 2 pics right now, will supplement later when I get it all set up and the Atlas bipod mounted. It's been agonizing waiting for this one!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I like. Maybe my Borden will deliver at some point in the future.
That rifle looks really nice.
Congratulations.
Looks good! What is an LRM?

Mike
That looks nice, is the action a 300 Wby or STW, as the loading port is opened up? Will be looking to hear how it shoots and how your loads work out. Randy
I own several Hart Rifle Barrels. You won't find better quality!
Nice....
7LRM= 7 Long Rifle Magnum. It is essentially a 375ruger necked to 7mm.

Great rifle! Don't overlook the 180gr berger hybrids either.
I like that...very interesting looking rifle. Good luck with it!

Paint job is funky! smile
thx 805

Mike
That turned out nice KT! I remember you picking those parts up out of the classifieds.

Well done as usual.....
That is one cool looking rifle!
what does it weigh?
Wait for it....

laugh

[Linked Image]
Very nice. Can't wait to hear about the load work with that LRM!

Nice rifle, looks done up real well.
Came out nice Joe!
You can prolly hear the engine roaring by simply holding it. grin

Expect the invoice when he's back from his hunts. grin grin

I like!
Looks great Joe, elk all over the West will fear that one:)
Originally Posted by xzqvvh
That looks nice, is the action a 300 Wby or STW, as the loading port is opened up? Will be looking to hear how it shoots and how your loads work out. Randy

It was a 7mm Rem to start with - yes, he had to open up the top a little (and he shaved the stock back and painted it to match) but he said it partly had to do with the longer Wyatt's box. I think the cases were hanging up on ejection.

Thanks for all the compliments. I love that McFlame - glad I finally found something to put it on.
Nate builds an awesome rifle. Hell of a long range thumper there. Good luck with it.
Damn that is nice Joe! I have never used a Hart barrel and I'm not sure why. I'd love to try one someday.

Enjoy and give us a report when you shoot it.
Originally Posted by Killertraylor

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Is that a McMillan Compact pattern stock?
Yes - Winchester Compact. Here is the original thread where I bought the action and stock: McFlame Package

Nate Called me today - gun weighs 7.2 lbs with Talley lightweights. He's sure great to work with - easy to get a hold of. If he doesn't answer its never more than a few hours before he calls you back. I like the fact he is an enthusiast as well and actually spends time talking to you about bullets, handloading, guns, etc. Great guy. Wish I lived closer and could check out his operation.

© 24hourcampfire