Home
building the wife a new rifle. She is going to have the stock painted tan with black webbing. the barrel and bolt are getting fluted as well.

looking for pictures of tan stocks and the metal coating colors you guys chose. contrast barrel and flute colors and bolt and action colors.

this woman is going to be the death of me smile

Bad pic, but this is tan with graphite black cerakote. I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow.

[Linked Image]
rockchucker;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope this finds you folks doing acceptably well on this finally cooler Friday.

Although this isn't tan with black webbing, it is a tan base with primer grey and flat brown accents.

[Linked Image]

Somehow in this photo it looks more green, but it's actually quite tan when seen "in the flesh".

The cheese cloth on the barrel is a standard option on all coyote rifles at our place - it makes me feel sneakier but I doubt it actually makes me any more stealthy. wink

Anyway sir, hopefully that was useful to you or someone out there this afternoon. Good luck on your rifle project whichever way you decide and good luck on your remaining hunts this fall too.

Dwayne

Oh - PS

Ruger American in .223 is the rifle
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tan McM with green specks, titanium ceracote on metal, black microslick on bolt body.
Smith's brown and graphite black.

[Linked Image]
Blue action, stainless barrel...

[Linked Image]

Black Dura-coat...

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by busterhindend
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Man that is a great looking rifle
yep that's the one she wants, but with straight flutes
Buster:

Can you please tell us about your rifle? Barrel contour and stock maker and model please! Very nice looking. Bet she shoots too!

Thanks,

Jordan

Some very nice looking weapons.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Buster:

Can you please tell us about your rifle? Barrel contour and stock maker and model please! Very nice looking. Bet she shoots too!

Thanks,

Jordan

243 AI
Mcmillan Edge Stock
#5 Brux finished at 24"
Stiller Predator action
Jewell trigger

Smithed by Greg Young

Karl at Kampfeld custom fluted the barrel, painted the stock and coated all the metal, as well as installed a campfire knob

It shoots extremely well

Okay, one more tan stock.

[Linked Image]
You guys are making me want a tan stock with black webbing. They look great.

I like Sniper Grey and or Graphite Black with tan stocks.
Though I might do Tungsten on the next one with tan stock.

Graphite Black:

[Linked Image]

Sniper Grey:

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire