Home
Posted By: trouthunterdj Nesika Sporter - 10/21/14
Hello all,

Has anyone handled or have any useful information on the Nesika Sporters that Dakota is building?

Thanks in advance

ddj
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Nesika Sporter - 10/21/14
If your looking for the Nesika action look you will be better off using a Borden!
Posted By: drover Re: Nesika Sporter - 10/21/14
I handled one a couple of weeks ago - too say I was unimpressed is an understatement. The action itself was ok, but not as slick as a Cooper or some other semi-customs I have handled. The stock fit and finish was lacking, it just didn't have a good feel or balance to it and was lacking in eye appeal.

Sorry but I can't put it into words better than that and I realize that to a degree some of those things are subjective but setting next to it were some Coopers and they had it all over the Dakota in every area including being less expensive (at least in the ones on display).

drover
Posted By: trouthunterdj Re: Nesika Sporter - 10/22/14
Thanks drover. Very helpful

ddj
Posted By: slm9s Re: Nesika Sporter - 10/22/14
I'm really surprised to hear that. My Nesika action's are all at least 6 years old, but next to BAT they are my favorite action. The definition of 'slickness'.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Nesika Sporter - 10/23/14
There were a lot of issues with FTF's and my smith at the time told me he would not recommend building on them, the Borden design is so close to Nesika and every bit as smooth and a better fire control system!
© 24hourcampfire