Home
Posted By: plumashntr Bartlien #0 - 10/25/14
Hey guys! First post here! Anyways a few friends from calguns.net referred me here. I was wondering if a bartlien #0 light weight will fit a mcmillan edge stock? Gun is a rem 700 LA. Seems like it is thick! .900 up at 6 inches????
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Bartlien #0 - 10/25/14
Sure, why not.

Posted By: joelkdouglas Re: Bartlien #0 - 10/25/14
McMillan will inlet any barrel channel for their stocks. A Bartlein #0 will not perfectly fit a stock made for a Remington 700 contour without modification.
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: Bartlien #0 - 10/25/14
I used a Shilen #3 in an Edge stock and it looks great.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Welcome to to the fire.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Bartlien #0 - 10/25/14
Point being, the .9 ain't nothing. I'm sure a bit of that 'shank' will be eaten up inside of the receiver.
Posted By: plumashntr Re: Bartlien #0 - 10/25/14
I was just curious because my gunsmith has that barrel laying in his shop and I am trying to build a mountain rifle and he is giving me a deal for it. When I looked at the specs the 6" reading was .9 and I thought to myself that is as thick as a bull #5. I know the shank will be eaten up in the receiver. It tapers off to .580 at the muzzle, so it looks like it tapers sharply. I already have my stock and inletted for rem mountain contour but I wanted that barrel which is a steal.
Posted By: clark98ut Re: Bartlien #0 - 10/25/14
Just have him cut the shank to match the stock. Piece of cake.
Posted By: darrenk75b Re: Bartlien #0 - 10/25/14
^^this
Posted By: plumashntr Re: Bartlien #0 - 10/25/14
The shank area on the stock has enough meat for the barrel shank, what I am concerned is the .9 thickness 6 inches into the barrel because it seems to get real thin in that area on the barrel channel stock.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Bartlien #0 - 10/25/14
The Rem factory Mtn Rifle contour should be about .69" where you're measuring .9". So you'll only have an additional 10th on each side of the barrel. I would think just about any McMillan pattern would fit that. But I'd do as suggested above and leave almost no shank up front of the lug.

Here's the contour spec for Remmy.

http://www.benchrest.com/douglas/contours.html

And welcome to the Fire.
Posted By: woofer Re: Bartlien #0 - 10/27/14
Have the barrel recontoured to mountain and get some sleep..

W
© 24hourcampfire