Home
Posted By: Blueprinted Getting the itch again - 10/31/14
I am torn between a 6mm-204 and a 6BR. This gun will be Remington 700 BDL, #3 Barrel in a McMillian stock most likely be a classic, maybe a compact. No more than 22 inch barrel. Bullets will be 55-70gr. Mostly for coyotes and ground hogs that are a longer walk around from the truck. Wont be a feather weight but I want something lighter than my current chunk in 6XC but heavier than my fly weight calling guns.
What says the fire?

I have 6BR and 6XC dies. 100 pieces of BR Brass. I have 200pieces of 204 brass. No I am not building 2. I have an AR-15 and mauser project going at the moment and an unemployed teenager that thinks he should use nothing but the best and go to college.
I am leaning towards a near identical blueprint. For me, the deciding factor was the extra .223 ADL I have in the basement. I'd twist it 1-8, so I could poke a whitetail now and again with a TTSX. Will probably top it with a 3x9 Leupold with the LR dots. I just need to find the funds to get things off the ground and running....

Kaiser Norton
Posted By: JeffCo Re: Getting the itch again - 11/01/14
I think the determining factor would be "what bolt face is the action"? If you do not have an action yet, then I would go for the 6 BR. A little more velocity over the 6-204, a 12 twist would work great with your 55-70 parameter, and the occasional 85 for something heavier. You already have the dies and BR brass, some cost savings there. With the other choices, this would be a neat little rifle that would see a lot of use and enjoyment.
Posted By: Blueprinted Re: Getting the itch again - 11/01/14
Got access to both bolt faces.
Posted By: JeffCo Re: Getting the itch again - 11/01/14
For a 6mm Fun Gun, would still do the BR.
© 24hourcampfire