Home
Posted By: RinB Ted Blackburn RIP - 11/13/14
Master metalsmith Ted Blackburn died a few days ago. He was best known for his triggerguard floor plate units. His one-of barreled actions were as good as the very best made ever by anyone.
Posted By: EdM Re: Ted Blackburn RIP - 11/13/14
Sad news indeed. I chatted with him a couple of times over the phone regarding his triggers. He clearly enjoyed helping customers.
Posted By: pathfinder76 Re: Ted Blackburn RIP - 11/14/14
I'm sorry to hear that. I met and spoke with Ted 10 years ago in his shop. Great to speak with and I enjoyed his stories and time very much.
Posted By: xverminator Re: Ted Blackburn RIP - 11/14/14
Damn it...! With a world filled with "posers", we need more Ted Blackburns.....................!!

X-VERMINATOR
Posted By: patbrennan Re: Ted Blackburn RIP - 11/14/14
I had one of his triggers on a good FN, it was a joy to work with. Sorry to hear he is gone, though I suspected he had some health issues when the business was sold a few years ago.
Posted By: TreeFarmer Re: Ted Blackburn RIP - 11/15/14
I used his triggers and triggerguard floor plates on several custom rifles. He was always a pleasure to talk with when I called about a project and asked for his recommendations.
Posted By: mmgravy Re: Ted Blackburn RIP - 11/16/14
Sorry to hear....
Posted By: 22WRF Re: Ted Blackburn RIP - 11/16/14
I too am sad to hear this news, and my condolences go out to his daughter Maggie and her husband who I seem to remember is named Rusty.

I spent many hours at Ted's shop and it was a wonder world to me. Bought many of his bottom metal units and triggers over the years.

May he rest in peace.
Posted By: woods_walker Re: Ted Blackburn RIP - 11/17/14
Sad to hear.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Ted Blackburn RIP - 11/17/14
RIP, prayers out to the family
Posted By: TC1 Re: Ted Blackburn RIP - 11/17/14
Ted made some wonderful products and was a hoot to talk to on the phone. He was very generous with his time, maybe to a fault. I called him up one day to ask about something or other and he kept me on the phone for over an hour. About a week later he sent me a M98 trigger with a note saying he enjoyed out conversation. That led to another call so I could thank him and another hour on the phone. laugh

He was a really nice guy and will be missed. My prayers go out to his family.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Ted Blackburn RIP - 11/18/14
That guy was an artist for sure. Here's my Pre-war M70 257 Rbts......bottom metal by Blackburn!

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

And a few more just for grins.......it makes me smile every time I pick it up. I figure Mr. Blackburn would have liked the finished product.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire