Home
Posted By: passport Rem 700 feeding issues - 11/17/14
I have a 700 ADL in 308 that feeds like $hit. Usually the bolt slides over the round, at times, when the bolt will pick up the round is will pop the round up and out.

Whats the fix here? Never had a 700 not feed perfect and Im at a loss..
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Rem 700 feeding issues - 11/17/14
Good advice here, I used it to get mine feeding perfect.

http://www.asrealasitgets.net/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=78464#Post78464
Posted By: passport Re: Rem 700 feeding issues - 11/17/14
That is good info. Thanks!
Posted By: Okbow87 Re: Rem 700 feeding issues - 11/17/14
Sounds like you need to to open the lips up just a tad. Open in in the back to let the rounds ride higher so the bolt will pick up the round. Then keep opening it up to about 2/3's of the way to the front. That will keep the round under the feed rail of the action and keep it form jumping up and out of the box.
That is exactly what I did and it seems to have fixed the issue.
Posted By: patbrennan Re: Rem 700 feeding issues - 11/17/14
Originally Posted by The_Yetti

That is very good info. Say what you want about his presentation, Stick has an awful lot of knowledge to pass along and is willing to do so.
Originally Posted by patbrennan

That is very good info. Say what you want about his presentation, Stick has an awful lot of knowledge to pass along and is willing to do so.

Agreed!! And I find the guy hilarious to boot.
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Rem 700 feeding issues - 11/18/14
Originally Posted by passport
Originally Posted by patbrennan

Agreed!! And I find the guy hilarious to boot.

I do as well, he gets a lot of peoples panties in a bundle!
Posted By: pullit Re: Rem 700 feeding issues - 11/18/14
I had a 7-08 that did the same thing as your 308, turns out Remington put the wrong follower in. Replaced the follower and my world got a lot better.
Posted By: passport Re: Rem 700 feeding issues - 11/18/14
I dont have a clue what the deal was with mine. Looked ok, pulled the mag box off and re-installed it and put the gun back together and now its feeding fine.

I almost never put rounds in the mag box, our rifle season is only 15 days season and Im lucky to get 2 or 3 days a year to hunt, most of my shooting is 1 round at a time on the bench.

As to Stick I think the guy is a wealth of knowledge, but he will pound ya if ya get lippy, which is when the REAL good humor gets goin! smile
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Rem 700 feeding issues - 11/19/14
Yup, once you get by is silly humor, the man knows a lot about rifles and what makes em tick or not tick.
© 24hourcampfire