Home
I have a model 7 rebarreled with a 24" #4 lilja sitting in a take of KS stock. I bought the rifle from a friend a while ago and have realized the more I use it that the KS takeoff is not the stock for me.

The stocks forearm is a bit to thin and a bit too short for this particular application to suit me so I am looking for a new lightweight synthetic. I am thinking a micky with edge fill but I am not opposed to something else.

I like a pretty open grip and want a forearm that can handle a #4 without being overly wide

Thanks for the input
Classic

Compact has a more open grip but you ain't gonna get a #4 in it.
thanks steelhead.

I have been looking at the classic and also the mcmillan hunter.
Do you have any experience with them?
Yea the McMillan Hunter should work with a #4. It has a palm swell if you like that.
I'd go with one of those two stocks, but not in Edge fill with a 24" #4. I'd want at least standard fill for balance. Being the weird duck that I am, I might would even request an extra 4-5oz of heavy fill in the butt for ballast. I have a 21" #4 on a 700 and the factory LSS laminate feels right. That's just me....
thanks for the input

Jpro, I think it would balance ok with the edge, I don't think any of the edges are lighter than the model 7 KS takeoff its in now and it balances right between the front action screw and the recoil lug.

Maybe I should weigh my KS just to make sure though
Heavy optics/mounts?
pretty heavy, redfield style rings and bases and a leupold 4.5-14
That will help balance a heavy barrel / light stock combo.
with that being said do you think an edge fill will change my balance much?

Who out there has a manners SL? How do they compare?
© 24hourcampfire