Home
I really like the cheek piece that a mt rifle stock has but dont know how well it would look w/ a #3 barrel in it.

Would someone please post a picture of one? I really would like to see where it lays inside the forearm area.

I appreciate the time taken to do this if you have one.
Here you go. This is MR with a #3 Brux. This is my LW 308 that is one of my go-to's this year. I love it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Awesome! Thank you very much.

I have a classic on order right now, but I am rally fond of having a cheekpiece. I thought it may look too "stuffed" in the forearm area, but it looks just fine to me in your picture.

BTW-what color combo did you use?
80/20 Orange Black. Graphite Black CK.
Originally Posted by Greenbrier
I really like the cheek piece that a mt rifle stock has but dont know how well it would look w/ a #3 barrel in it.

Would someone please post a picture of one? I really would like to see where it lays inside the forearm area.

I appreciate the time taken to do this if you have one.

Who's #3 are you using...? Some are bigger than others..

X-VERMINATOR
I will be using a Benchmark barrel. Thank you for bring this up...I know rock is larger, but I believe that Brux and BM are pretty close
You should be fine - Brux #3 contours are actually a little chunkier than your Benchmark #3, so if that #3 Brux fits your barrel should be perfect.
Also, I think I maybe posted this up before, but for comparison this is a Classic with a #3 Brux on the left and a Remington sporter on the right, fore-end is beefier than the Mtn rifle by a bit.
[Linked Image]
a 1" shank length would also help with your concern.
I have a .25-06 with a Benchmark barrel in a Mountain Rifle stock, it works but just barely. If I had it to do over I would go with the Remington Sporter stock.
Originally Posted by Greenbrier
I will be using a Benchmark barrel. Thank you for bring this up...I know rock is larger, but I believe that Brux and BM are pretty close

I have a Rock #3 and a Brux #3. The Rock barrel is more svelte than the Brux.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by MShuntfish
Here you go. This is MR with a #3 Brux. This is my LW 308 that is one of my go-to's this year. I love it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Very nice looking rig.

MM
Steve, here is my Mnt Rife Mcswirly w/Broughton #3. .640 muzzle diameter @22". If you need more pics, text me and I'll text pics of rifle back to ya. Yes most #3 contours will fit fine except a Bartlien 3.

[Linked Image]
Ready on the right, I like that stock!
Originally Posted by slg888
Steve, here is my Mnt Rife Mcswirly w/Broughton #3. .640 muzzle diameter @22". If you need more pics, text me and I'll text pics of rifle back to ya. Yes most #3 contours will fit fine except a Bartlien 3.

[Linked Image]

I think I've fired that one before.

How's it work on 170 class bucks?

Ya you have fired it, and jinks it. Ha, it'll redeem itself in November.
Originally Posted by RickF
Ready on the right, I like that stock!

Thanks Rick!

I tried to get it like Tiger stripe camo minus brown

Mike
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here's a couple better stock pics when it was still a factory barreled rifle.

Went from .270 to .338-06

Mike
© 24hourcampfire