Home
Posted By: clark98ut McMillan Wait Times... - 03/25/15
Just an FYI post, but I placed an order on 12/4/2014 (direct with McMillan), got an email with confirmation on 1/9/2015, and got the call Monday, 03/23/2015, saying that my stock was ready.

109 days from my first phone call until it shipped. Will post pictures when I get it...

-Dan
Posted By: Kaleb Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/25/15
Dang
Posted By: ejo Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/25/15
Nice, I ordered one that week as well. Hopefully soon.
Posted By: TC1 Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/25/15
I ordered one on the 12th of last month and she told me 4-4 1/2 months.

Sooner is always better.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/25/15
I think I ordered around the middle of January. Hope it is this fast.
Posted By: clark98ut Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/25/15
They're moving faster than the ATF these days.

I filed a Form 4 right around the same time and it's not approved as of yet.
Posted By: ingwe Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/25/15
I ordered one last Sept. and got it to my door in exactly four months.
Posted By: Vmaxed Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/25/15
I ordered two last year.

#1 - ordered May 19th, arrived Oct. 28th
#2 - ordered Nov. 20th, arrived March 13th
Posted By: rost495 Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/25/15
I've been calling, and emailing tryhing to confirm an order, they are about to piss me off.

They have the market for sure on quality... but at least confirm something PLEASE. Its been a month or more of emails and now waiting on a return call from them and no luck there....

I'm personally never in a rush, but a friend decided almost too late, to put a new stock on a rifle for a september AK moose hunt.... ugh...
Posted By: boltgunjim Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/26/15
My wife and I were in Phoenix recently and visited the McMillan factory. Everyone we visited with was very polite and very friendly. It's amazing how many stocks they have in various stages of production. They have most if not all of their stock styles on display. Very interesting to actually handle various ones.
I ordered one the first ofJanuary and got the call yesterday, so right around 2-2.5 months for mine
Posted By: rost495 Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/26/15
I'd still be just happy if they would communicate....

Guess I'll call again today and see why Monday's call has still not been returned.
Posted By: haverluk Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/26/15
Ordered the stock for my Mauser 9.3x62 build on August 13, 2014.

As of this week it is still not ready so I changed my order. That set me back another 4 months. So it will have been close to a year.

Order a Shrike from D'Arcy Echols for my Borden .223 on May 12, 2014

Hopefully I can take delivery of both of them before this fall confused

Glad you guys are getting a better turn around.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/26/15
'Four-Ninety-Cries,

Is there not ANYTHING,you Whining Fhuqking Texans...won't whine about?!?

Only a stupid fhuqking Texan would feel compelled to "brag" about being outsmarted by a gawddamned telephone.

PLEASE update the info in these fascinating chronicles,as you wax eloquent on the incredibly long list of things that reliably stump you. I may or may not have used a telephone before and ordered a stock on the first pitch.

Laughing.

Bless your heart...keep doing your "best".

Wow +P+!!!.................

Posted By: clark98ut Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/26/15
Hey now, I'm a Texan as well. grin
Posted By: 1Nut Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/26/15
Dang. I ordered a McWoody Dec. 14th. I've heard nothing.

Ordered a 60/40 Black/Orange the first of this month. Definitely not expecting any word on that one any time soon.
Posted By: BobinNH Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/26/15
Gotta chuckle reading these "Where's my McMillan?" threads, if you remember back when a custom rifle took 3-4 years to complete. smile

Of course today everyone wants everything yesterday.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/26/15
A proper stock makes or breaks a rifle and McMillan's are worth the wait.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/26/15
I've had ZERO problems getting in touch with who I needed to get in touch with at McMillan. Hell, they've even called me during Christmas shutdown to verify something.

Posted By: Dayton Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/26/15
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've had ZERO problems getting in touch with who I needed to get in touch with at McMillan. Hell, they've even called me during Christmas shutdown to verify something.

+1 I have never had an issue getting ahold of someone at McMillan.
Posted By: ejo Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/26/15
Just got my tracking number. 3 months and 3 weeks from order.

I have never had an issue getting a hold of them either.
Posted By: bonefish Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/26/15
What about Manners hitting their estimated delivery times?
Posted By: rost495 Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/27/15
Called Monday. Finally get a call back today late when I co uld not answer the phone.

Manager says he sent numerous emails and tried calling me a handful of times.

I will get back to him on Friday.

I looked at my email. Including my junk files. From the time I last emailed him begging him to confirm my order, I have had zero contact in my account.

I also looked back at my cell phone and no calls logged from his number until today.

I'm not saying this is normal but its happened. And I sure hope we get it straight on Friday.

I certainly think they make the best stock out there.

And I am almost never in a hurry, just trying to help an friend that made a stupid choice late in the game IMHO, but still would easily have been soon enough to get a stock, as long as they pick up the ball they dropped on this one.
Posted By: 1Nut Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/27/15
Originally Posted by ejo
Just got my tracking number. 3 months and 3 weeks from order.

I have never had an issue getting a hold of them either.

I hope this holds true for me. If so, I would be getting a notice of shipment any day now for the McWoody I ordered. Just ordered a 60/40 Black/Orange too for another project.
Posted By: rost495 Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/27/15
Just so I"m correct, I did get hold of them today, Dick was busy the last 3 weeks with ohter projects and was just getting back to all of my messages yesterday.

Needed a clarification on barrel taper that he never sent to me as a question via my email for whatever reason.

Order is sorted out and said 3-4 months so we'll get it in time to put on the gun and shoot for a few weeks before the hunt thta the friend is going on.

I appreciate them finally sorting this out and responding finally. Said I was one of about 3 on his desk that needed to be sorted out.

Jeff
Posted By: passport Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/28/15
I ordered one through Rick thats done, took 4 months. Just need Rick to tell McMillan to ship it, hope that happens REAL soon!

They said its been done for a while..
Posted By: Steelhead Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/28/15
Originally Posted by passport
I ordered one through Rick thats done, took 4 months. Just need Rick to tell McMillan to ship it, hope that happens REAL soon!

That's pretty standard practice from what a few people have told. Several months seems a common trend.

Hence the reason I always ask the whiners about wait times if they ordered directly through McMillan or not.
I ordered on Black Friday and it came this week
Maybe a smidge under the four month mark

Me happy!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: passport Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/28/15
Originally Posted by Steelhead

That's pretty standard practice from what a few people have told. Several months seems a common trend.

Hence the reason I always ask the whiners about wait times if they ordered directly through McMillan or not.

Point well made
Posted By: twhetsell Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/28/15
Ordered mine direct from McMillan on Dec 5th. Received it on Mar 25th. A lot earlier than I expected and it is perfect
Posted By: passport Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/29/15
Looks like ordering direct from McMillan is the fastest way buy a good bit.
Posted By: Otter6 Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/30/15
I wonder if the inlet makes a difference in turn around time?
Posted By: Brad Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/30/15
Originally Posted by twhetsell
Ordered mine direct from McMillan on Dec 5th. Received it on Mar 25th. A lot earlier than I expected and it is perfect

That's encouraging, ordered mine early January direct.
Posted By: 1Nut Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/30/15

Dang it. I've got two on order through Rick. One ordered Dec 15th the other earlier this month. That 2nd one may not make hunting season. frown
Posted By: passport Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/30/15
Call McMilan and see if it's done. I have one there finished they won't ship to me!!
Posted By: clark98ut Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/31/15
Well, the brown truck dropped it off today.

[Linked Image]

Barrel should be here from Brux tomorrow. Ahead of schedule as well...
Posted By: Bighorn Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/31/15
Originally Posted by 1Deernut

Dang it. I've got two on order through Rick. One ordered Dec 15th the other earlier this month. That 2nd one may not make hunting season. frown

What possible incentive would McMillan, or Rick, have to delay a shipment, or get their final payment? Makes no sense.
Posted By: Hardtner Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/31/15
I ordered 11/18/14 and received a shipping notice today 3/31.

Roughly 19 weeks
Posted By: 1Nut Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/31/15
Originally Posted by Bighorn

What possible incentive would McMillan, or Rick, have to delay a shipment, or get their final payment? Makes no sense.

None. And yes, it makes no sense, but it appears as though there may be a delay in ordering direct vs ordering through Rick. The data may not be sufficient to draw any hard conclusion either. Seems only one or two have seen a longer lead time ordering through the 'Fire. My first order may show up any day, I have no idea. My second may take only a couple of months, again, no idea. If it takes six months rather than ~4 when ordered directly through McMillan? Maybe just speculation.

Your question may better be asked asked of Rick?
clark,

Really like that color combo. Whats the ratio?
Posted By: clark98ut Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 03/31/15
clark,

60/40 black/orange
Originally Posted by clark98ut
clark,

60/40 black/orange

Exactly what I ordered early this month. I hope mine turns out as well!
Just received notification that the stock I ordered mid January shipped today. It is a HTG 60/40 Back/Orange.
Posted By: clark98ut Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 04/01/15
Barrel (Brux) showed up yesterday ahead of schedule as well...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1Nut Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 04/01/15
That should be a tac driver!

Eggs for breakfast? whistle
Originally Posted by BLACKTAIL 8541
Just received notification that the stock I ordered mid January shipped today. It is a HTG 60/40 Back/Orange.

You order through Rick, or direct from McMillan?
Posted By: passport Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 04/01/15
Originally Posted by Bighorn

Oh there are plenty of reasons why it delays shipment, Im not going to go into any detail on a public thread but I had a conservation with dick at McMillan and it was a real eye opener. Call dick at McMillan and ask for yourself.
Posted By: passport Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 04/01/15
Originally Posted by clark98ut
Barrel (Brux) showed up yesterday ahead of schedule as well...

[Linked Image]

Killer combo!! SuperSeal110 would be proud
Posted By: clark98ut Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 04/01/15
That should be a tac driver!

Eggs for breakfast? whistle

Easter eggs. grin
Originally Posted by BLACKTAIL 8541

You order through Rick, or direct from McMillan?

McMillan
I want another Edge for a project not yet started (need to finish the two I have in work first). I'm thinking I will order this one direct since it takes so long if you don't...
Posted By: 1Nut Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 04/11/15
Ok. Ordered my McWoody December 12th and got word last night from Rick that it was ready to ship and was shipped today. That's exactly 4 months. Not bad! Hopefully order 2 will be as quick. If so, there doesn't seem to make a lot of difference in ordering direct.
I got an email yesterday that one has shipped

Three months and three weeks

Looks like they are cranking them out nowadays.
Posted By: wsmnut Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 04/12/15
Just spoke to Rick yesterday. My Winchester Hunter is on the way. 4 months exactly.
Excellent!

WSMNUT
Posted By: Kenneth Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 04/12/15
Ordering direct or through here is your choice, The fact of the matter is Mcmillan is now cranking them out how-ever you order them.

I ordered direct last spring, took 7 months, then it was shipped to a well-known person who is known for his bedding, still waiting.

Haven't had that rifle in my hands for about a year now,

Madness.
Posted By: Hawk_Driver Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 04/17/15
Ordered thru Rick on 12/7, ready to ship today. Just over 4 months. About what I expected.
Posted By: cbennett Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 04/25/15
Ordered a Featherweight Winchester for my Extreme Weather Model 70 on December 1. I was beginning to feel left out after reading these posts. I got an email last night with a ship notice for May 1 delivery, I am impressed. This is my first McMillan and I am anxious to see the differences.
Posted By: cbennett Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 05/01/15
My stock showed up today exactly 5 months to the day( just what they told me). Now I see what the hype is about, I went home for lunch and had to drop my action in, it fit perfectly. Off to the range in the morning. The Featherweight stock in woodland spectre sure is an improvement over the B&C that was on it.
Posted By: Petro Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 05/01/15
Ordered 1/13/15, received 4/28/15. 2+ months faster than quoted.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 05/08/15
Almost 4 months to the day, and I had to ship the barreled action to write a program.
Posted By: jds44 Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 08/04/15
3/27/15 - Order placed with Rick for a Rem Classic McSwirly.
7/28/15 - Email from Rick that my stock was ready to ship.

This is the 5th McMillan I've ordered through Rick with never a delay or anything less than excellent customer service.
Posted By: Dooger Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 08/04/15
Ordered April 1, 2015. Received it July 29, 2015.

Rem Classic Edge with three color speckletone.
Posted By: Vmaxed Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 08/04/15
Order placed 3/23/15
Received 8/3/15

HTG in Desert Ambush for Winchester 670.
Posted By: avonac Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 08/04/15
Ordered a Remington Classic in McWoody for a Rem 788 on 5/18. Got it today. Way before I expected it. McMillan was awesome to deal with.
Ordered a Remington Classic edge with no checkering on 3/10/15 and still waiting.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 08/04/15
Classic edge ordered 5/6/15 delivered this week!
Posted By: Scotty Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 08/04/15
I got a flyer from McMillan I believe it was May 22nd. There was a sale but orders had to be in by May 15th. I figured delivery had to be bad if I received a flyer after the sale was over.
My buddy ordered one (Hunters compact standard fill for pre 64 model 70) the first of April and still hasn't received it.. I figure it will show up in another month..
Posted By: ingwe Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 08/04/15
These posts are a far cry from where McMillan was 18 months ago...

As previously mentioned, Ive only bought one stock from the, got it in exactly four months and they were a pleasure to deal with. Professionals...
Posted By: JLimbo Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 08/11/15
I ordered a New Remington Hunter McSwirly from Rick on 3/18/15. Hoping I get an e-mail in the next couple of weeks.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 08/11/15
I ordered a Hunters Edge for a Borden Alpine on April 2nd and I just got notice that it will be delivered this Thursday the 13th.
Called McMillan today. They checked the status of my stock. Ordered on 3/10/15. Stated it will be finished next week. A little over 5 months if it ships next week. Was quoted 4 to 4.5 months. Not to bad considering I ordered no checkering.
Posted By: biglmbass Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 08/12/15
Ordered mine on 02-07 and got the email that it was ready on 07-28.
Received ups shipment notification this evening. My edge stock will be here Thursday the 8/27/15

!!!!
Posted By: 257heaven Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 08/24/15

Ordered for a pre-64 Model 70 on 11/30/14 and haven't heard as much as a peep.

Posted By: Dooger Re: McMillan Wait Times... - 08/25/15
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Might want to check on that one...
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Sounds like you are chit out of luck. They forgot about your azz. I would have called many months ago on that one... whistle
© 24hourcampfire