Home
Hello gents,

I am receiving a new build in a couple of weeks and I was hoping to get a good recommendation from you guys on how to mount my scope.

I will be attaching a 30mm 6x SWFA scope to the rifle. Specs below

Rem 700 short action
243 AI
Hart #2 22"
Mcmillan Hunter in Edge fill (Sako Hunter)

Thanks!
Talley LW in medium height or low depending on your objective size is what I'd use.
BD everything about you build says lightweight and the Talley LW's will compliment your setup!
If ejection port overhang doesn't bother you Leupold Dual Dovetails are a good choice. If it does bother you Talley Lightweights or Talley Fixed mounts are both very good.

I like this setup. Ctsmith did a thread on it

[Linked Image]

Burris bases and seekins rings
I like Burris XTB bases and Burris XTR rings. In a 30mm ring, I've recently tried my first pair of SWFA rings and they seem fine so far. I'm sure Seekins rings would be fine too. I prefer the Burris XTB bases over a Picatinny rail because the rails are so tall it is difficult to get the scope mounted as low over the bore as I like.

Here's the link to Clint's thread, mentioned above.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...BUST_Hunting_rig_rings/bases#Post9429142

John
Talley
Thank you for the suggestions and pics everyone, and Hondo for the link to the thread. I have a lot of choices to look into.
Originally Posted by Kaleb

[Linked Image]

Are those seekins rings low's or mediums? I also am assuming those are the Burris XTB bases? Thanks for the pic!
Lows. I've this one and another with same bases and tps super lows. I like both so far
Originally Posted by Kaleb

[Linked Image]

If I could afford a soft-sided Yeti........I'd go Badger/Badger Alloy. Just sayin'......

Cabelas points as if it's any of your business. Funny thing when I ordered the cooler and rings/mounts I didn't give a chit what some guy on the Internet thought.......just sayin
Talley lightweight rings and be done.
© 24hourcampfire