Home
It all started out a year ago when I picked up a 1972 Rem 700 in 7mm Rem mag. $450 out the door with 6x36 gloss Leupold with post and duplex. Dumped the scope for $150. Got another $75 for the stock and Flave gave me $50 for the trigger. I figured $175 in deep for a action wasn't to bad. Back in August I started making a few phone calls and the last piece just came in. Well I still need a trigger and scope so it looks like something in the safe is getting robed.
Now I just need Redneck's address.
[Linked Image]
Congrat's on collecting all of the pieces. Pics when it's done !
Seems like a good road to travel! Look forward to the finished build.
Is that the back end of a McMillan Classic? If yes, that looks like a whole lot of barrel for the stock pattern to handle.
Classic with a Brux #4. It looks pretty good sitting in the stock but if I had it to do over, I would have had McM inlet for the #5 Brux. Nothing a little sanding won't fix.
[Linked Image]
The picture fooled me. The barrel looked bigger than that to my eye, like a straight taper #6.
Awesome Les! Can't wait to see how yours turns out! grin My dies are gunna be here next week miracously and I'll have everything I need for mine.

What bullets are you looking to shoot out of it?

What twist did you go with?

What are you going to finish you barrel length at?

It's a 9 twist that will finish at 25". If I can find them it will get a steady diet of 162gr AMax with a few 120gr. TTSX and 150gr. Partition thrown in as well.

Congrats on finally getting some dies Matt
Les you will like it. All my other guns have taken a back seat and some have even went down the road after I built my mashburn.
Les what's the colors on your stock? powdr
I think its black, med gray, and light gray. Whatever there standard for the "Rhino" pattern.
Mailed off a box of goodness today to Redneck.
Nice Les! It's pulling together and almost there!
Originally Posted by mathman
The picture fooled me. The barrel looked bigger than that to my eye, like a straight taper #6.

Now, that is big.
© 24hourcampfire