Home
The stock was done by Dean Zollinger on a nice piece of wood from Roger Vardy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

For the people that didn't follow the project.
Karl Feldkamp did the retro G33/40 action and thumb cut. Kerry Stottlemyer did the scope bases, rings, and bolt handle. I can't cut metric threads and had Mike Bryant chamber a Shilen #1 contour in 220 Russian. It has James Anderson bottom metal. The trigger is a Timney. Dean Zollinger also did the rust blue. Haven't shot it yet. I am very happy with it and the great smiths that helped me.
"nice" isn't the word for that wood. That piece of wood is absolutely gorgeous, as is James Anderson's bottom metal.
Wow, that wood.
Dean dies great work and fairly priced.
What a BEAUTY cool cool
That's a beauty!
That looks great.
You have impeccable taste in rifles Butch and this is very nice example.
Beautiful !
Butch,
You always show the classiest setups. Very nice.
What work did Karl have to do to the action to get it into the G33/40 configuration?
Look at the LH side of the receiver. He cut the metal away in the center of the receiver and the thumb cut. Karl is cutting an octagon barrel for my 45-70. He is a good guy that does great work.
Butch, that's flat gorgeous. What contour on the barrel? What ballistics you gonna get out of the Russian?

Thanks,

Jordan
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Look at the LH side of the receiver. He cut the metal away in the center of the receiver and the thumb cut. Karl is cutting an octagon barrel for my 45-70. He is a good guy that does great work.

He does do some fine work.

Jim Wisner did the same cut on my 7x57 Swede. Classy look.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by EdM

Jim Wisner did the same cut on my 7x57 Swede. Classy look.

[Linked Image]

I do like it. Nice Swede.
WOW!
Real nice rig Butch.... smile cool
Thanks for nice posts. I need to get a scope on it.
Originally Posted by JasonF
You have impeccable taste in rifles Butch and this is very nice example.

+1

Excellent build Butch!
Now that's a piece of walnut! Stunning rifle Butch.
Butch,

Every real rifle nut should have the opportunity to own one really fine custom rifle like that.

You have a good eye for the classics that I can certainly appreciate. Enjoy!

BT53
Barrel contour, seems it was a #1 Shilen. The thing that I love is everybody that handles it says it is so comfortable. The Ladies love it.
Wow. That wood is just gorgeous.
© 24hourcampfire