Home
Posted By: laker Kimber montana rebarrel - 05/14/15
So I just bought a 325wsm kimber montana and I'm planning to rebarrel to 7mm wsm or 7mm saum. Leaning more towards the saum but just wondering if any work at all would need to be done to the action to feed the saum case? And debating between going with liljas heavier contour kimber montana or a # 2 Douglas
Posted By: joshf303 Re: Kimber montana rebarrel - 05/14/15
Better stock up on 162s..... Grin....
Posted By: Higginez Re: Kimber montana rebarrel - 05/14/15
Laker, I've thought about going with the heavier contour a bunch and can't talk myself into it. The eight ounce gain is huge on a rifle that feels noticeably heavier with a loaded magazine.
Posted By: joshf303 Re: Kimber montana rebarrel - 05/16/15
I agree with HB....

IIRC....With Talleys and a 22-24oz 30mm scope you are going to be pushing that 8# mark all up.
Posted By: laker Re: Kimber montana rebarrel - 05/16/15
I'll be running a Leupold 6x42 so I don't have to worry about the heavy scope. But I think you guys are right. Just going to go with the kimber factory contour. Now just have to decide between 7mm saum or 6.5 saum.
Posted By: joshf303 Re: Kimber montana rebarrel - 05/16/15
Neither one would suck....
Posted By: JGray Re: Kimber montana rebarrel - 05/16/15
I bought a used Kimber Classic in 325 WSM a couple years ago with similar thoughts (rebarrel to 7 WSM). I haven't moved forward on it yet, but lately have been thinking more towards the 6.5 SAUM. I'll be curious as to what you decide and who you use to build it...
© 24hourcampfire