Home
Objective: reduce recoil on my 300 win mag.

I've sent the rifle to my smith who is cerakoting and threading the barrel. Plan is to use the brake while at the range and remove when hunting in the field.

Question: which reasonably priced brake will cut recoil the most? Not concerned with the amount of noise since hearing protection will be used while at the range.
Call Ryan Pierce @ Piercision Rifles and he will help you get the proper brake for your cartridge and barrel , his "Muscle" brakes are outstanding and they WORK !
don't let the low price fool you, these are top shelf brakes, I have 4 of his brakes on my 338 Norma Mag based wildcats and will be getting a few more for a couple new wildcats I'm doing next .....

http://www.piercisionrifles.com/brakes/
Thanks, I'll give them a jingle.
APA MicroBastard.
Just a comment on those Piercision brakes - that style is very effective at reducing recoil, but also very loud.
Guns are loud. Use modern electronic hearing protection. It's like binoculars for your ears, except it turns off when you fire.
Are you not concerned with POI being different with and without the brake?
A Vais brake turned down to match your muzzle diameter and a threaded cap to match is a brake you need to look at!
PM sent
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
A Vais brake turned down to match your muzzle diameter and a threaded cap to match is a brake you need to look at!

+1
Thanks fellas, lots of good contacts.

Not concerned about the noise, earplugs and earmuffs solves that problem.
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

When you hunt?
Originally Posted by Popapi
APA MicroBastard.

+1

Originally Posted By dye7barrel

When you hunt?

I use earplugs and earmuffs at the range and electronic muffs when I hunt.
Originally Posted by ShootOne
Originally Posted by Popapi
APA MicroBastard.

+1

In my opinion the micro bastard is more of a Tactical brake, for a hunting or sporter type rifle something that is turned to match the muzzle diameter is much nicer to look at!
I'd recommend vais too
Nathan at muzzlebrakes and more builds great brakes and very good prices. He will turn them down also. Very impressed with his work!

http://www.muzzlebrakesandmore.com/#2900
Be advised: Removing the brake will likely cause a POI shift.
+2 for Vias, I won't say I've shot them all (no one has!!) But, for my rifle and money it's a Vias!
© 24hourcampfire