Home
Posted By: jowens Kimber Montana gunsmithsv - 06/29/15
Who will re barrel a montana?
Posted By: Higginez Re: Kimber Montana gunsmithsv - 06/29/15
Pacnor
Redneck here would be my first choice.
Posted By: jowens Re: Kimber Montana gunsmithsv - 06/29/15
I pmed redneck and he won't do it
Hmmm. I wonder who would install Lilja's Montana contour. That's probably what you are trying to figure out...
Posted By: Canazes9 Re: Kimber Montana gunsmithsv - 06/29/15
Ray Perry in Bridge City, Tx

David
Ask Stick, he'll let you know!
+1 for Pacnor, and I am pleased with mine. I had them match factory length & contour, with 1 in 9" poly rifling

[Linked Image]
IT&D did my 243AI rebarrel. Seems to shoot pretty well. SS air gauged Douglas barrel, all in cost less than $450.
Add Whidden Gunworks and Benchmark barrels to the list.
You guys going with the heavier contour or just a factory contour dupe? Maybe someone with the heavier contour can weigh in ... thanks
Posted By: Canazes9 Re: Kimber Montana gunsmithsv - 09/16/15
BurninDupont

I rebarreled w/ a slightly heavier contour, picking up an extra 8oz. Feels great to me to carry, the extra 1/2 pound seems to make it easier to shoot accurately. I will do my next one the same way. Would probably be awesome in a factory contour dupe also....

David
Posted By: laker Re: Kimber Montana gunsmithsv - 09/17/15
My local smith will do it and has done one for me and it turned out a real shooter. PM me if you want his contact info
Posted By: Higginez Re: Kimber Montana gunsmithsv - 09/17/15
[Linked Image]

Pac Nor.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Kimber Montana gunsmithsv - 09/17/15
Let me know if you decide a ackley isn't worth the trouble and 223's are for stunt shooters.
If .223's are for stunts, you can call me Lee Majors.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jkob Re: Kimber Montana gunsmithsv - 09/17/15
Nothing specail about doing a Kimber, send me a pm or email and I will get you a quote and quick turn-around.

Jim
Originally Posted by Jkob
Nothing specail about doing a Kimber

If this were the case, Redneck would be doing them and would have done mine.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Kimber Montana gunsmithsv - 09/18/15
smile smile Thanks, Higbean..

Two reasons I don't: (1) it takes a special action wrench for that teeny receiver and, IIRC, Jim actually made his...

(2) I only work with M70s, M700s, MRC1999s and an occasional M77.. and if I started other rifles I'd get behind and not be able to do a reasonably quick turn-around time..

Best wishes...

© 24hourcampfire