Home
Posted By: joelkdouglas Shrike - 07/02/15
Anyone have a Shrike yet?
Posted By: haverluk Re: Shrike - 07/02/15
I do. I was just delivered to home in WA and I am currently OCONUS... Looking forward to getting it put together.
Posted By: JPro Re: Shrike - 07/02/15
The ARES Shrike? Like the belt-fed AR setup?
Posted By: haverluk Re: Shrike - 07/02/15
The McMillan Shrike from D'Arcy Echols is what I was thinking of.

Posted By: joelkdouglas Re: Shrike - 07/02/15
I did mean the Echols Shrike.

Haverluck, God speed and happy trails home. A thanks to you for your OCONUS work and a Happy 4th!
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Shrike - 07/06/15
D'Arcy sent me one, pre-production run. It was alright. I prefer classic stocks so I passed on it. He assured me it would not be offered as a classic design.
Posted By: Woodhits Re: Shrike - 07/06/15
I shot and hunted with the only Shrike that existed until the first shipment from McMillan arrived last month. The prototype went on a .404 and we took it out to shoot an elk cow on a depredation tag. We hunted with it unpainted, and with a bare steel rifle.

The stock has a straight comb, Echols' trademark serpentine cheekpiece, and some cast off. It was about as "American classic" as a stock gets and was, for me, a great fit. I carried the rifle further, and higher, than I'd intended to when I woke up that morning and it never felt like an albatross. It will be my "go to" for a 700 hunting stock.

RL28, I'm guessing that D'Arcy sent you a Legend stock to try because this was the only Shrike in existence until very recently.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: pathfinder76 Re: Shrike - 07/07/15
Originally Posted by Reloder28
D'Arcy sent me one, pre-production run. It was alright. I prefer classic stocks so I passed on it. He assured me it would not be offered as a classic design.

What about the stock isn't "classic"?

His Model 70 stocks are as American Classic as apple pie.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Shrike - 07/08/15
Originally Posted by Woodhits
RL28, I'm guessing that D'Arcy sent you a Legend stock to try because this was the only Shrike in existence until very recently.

Probably was, I don't rightly know. We talked about the Shrike so I assumed it was one.

Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Shrike - 07/08/15
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Originally Posted by Reloder28

What about the stock isn't "classic"?

His Model 70 stocks are as American Classic as apple pie.

When I said Classic, I meant sans cheek piece. Don't like them. I liked it otherwise.
© 24hourcampfire