Home
Well I'm going to try and work a build of my own in this winter amid the basement finishing and duplication backlog. Probably very wishful thinking.

At this moment I have 3 action choices. A FN magnum bolt face a MKX std magnum and a MKX 06 bolt face.

Yes I do still have a set of 264Wmag dies brass and bullets and no 264 so it is on the list.

As it is I NEED nothing. All bases are covered from 223 to 410cal.

Not thinking of a real heavy hitter. I have to find out tomorrow if I need my chest wires removed or replaced.

So help me dream and a "WHY" is always good.

Hmmm Maybe I should try a swap actions and build something in the small range.
I have the same idea and bought a Mauser action on gunbroker and a 6.5x55 barrel on our classifieds. Got a stock already and a drill and tap and bent bolt along with the barrel install and a cerakote will put me where I want to be with about $600 invested. Can't beat it smile
I would always rather be shooting a 223.
I would always rather be hunting with a 7mmRemMag.
No flies on the 264 WM - build it!!
I'm gathering parts for a 6.5x68 as I already have a 264.
If you have no need for a new rifle, sell the actions and use the money to pay off the basement refinish, pay down some debt, put the money towards a hunt, or buy a plane ticket to somewhere tropical for a winter vacation.
Prairie's damn close!. If I were to do it I would sell all of those actions and find an Anchutz Hornet and have it rebarreled to some type of 17 Hornet case. Muddy
You guys might be right. Had a health setback. Sternum infection around wires. Have been in the hospital since the 27th. First in Denver now in Houston. Hope to get put back together on Friday then home by end of next week. Doing nothing for 2 months then very light duty for another 2.

Have the $ to finish basement but hated to pay for what I could do. But now will be forced to sit so will look into it.

Not a bad idea to do some action and even rifle thinning and look to something special. Heavy hitters will be a NONO for awhile for sure.

All this going on caused us to miss out 14day NE cruise as well. Need to find a way to get the wife a break she is working from our room plus doing all the stuff for me.
You won't regret the 264 Win Mag, build it with a 1&8 twist barrel to get the best results with it.
How about trading into a remmy action in 22-250 and rebarrel to 6mm br? Accurate, plentiful load data, plenty of oomph for hunting. Just an idea
Build the .264.. You guns are a pleasure to shoot year around.. Trips are fun, but no place I really want to go that I haven't been. The places I would maybe like to go to I could never afford these days.
Have you got any specific caliber of interests?
Originally Posted by bea175
You won't regret the 264 Win Mag, build it with a 1&8 twist barrel to get the best results with it.

+ 1. Build a slightly heavy8-8.5 lb rifle with 1-8" twist, 26" barrel. It will be the optimal combination of trajectory, recoil and penetration! It will be the absolute bomb!
© 24hourcampfire