Home
Last December I had a couple of custom rifles stolen from my truck on a hunting trip. I was fairly happy with them but they were my first custom rifles so I didn't really have anything to compare them to. ]They both shot better than I thought I could and were a BIG improvement over the factory rifles I had shot in the past.

Fast forward to February and it was time to build one maybe 2 rifles since the insurance company had come thru with a check . I decided this time I wanted a gunsmith I could spend more time talking to about what I actually wanted instead of what he thought was best. So I spent time on here talking to people and had almost made up my mind when I met Robert who is the gunsmith at Alamo precision rifles in Hurst, Texas. Robert invited me out to his shop and showed me all the different equipment he uses. 2 different lathes, cnc machine, etc. Was impressed with the little details at his shop.From how it was laid out to the 1000's of dollars of equipment they had invested in. I decided then to give them a shot. I bet I asked him 100 questions over the next month and I'm sure I aggravated him. He was nothing but patient though.

I decided on a 260 AI. Went with a stiller predator action, Manners MCS_T stock with mini chassis, bartlein 1/8 twist sendero contour barrel with spiral flutes finished at 25in, jewell trigger and threaded for a suppressor. About 5 weeks later I got the "its ready" call. When I went to pick it up I was amazed at the worksmanship and how the rifle was balanced. It blew my other 2 rifles out of the water. The attention to detail was amazing. I took it home and worked up a load. Lapua brass, H4831sc, federal 210 primers and berger 140VLD's. Rifle shot in the .3's and I was hooked on shooting like never before. I honestly didn't think I was capable of shooting that well with any rifle. Here it is...
[Linked Image]

During the time this rifle was being built I started talking to Robert about a long range .30 cal rifle. It was not going to be a hunting rifle but a dedicated range rifle. After some discussion we decided to go with the good old standard .300 win mag. Since I wanted something different Robert suggested the KRG whiskey 3 chassis. I was a little leery about this as I had played with a couple of other chassis systems and didn't care for them too much. But in the long run I decided to take his advise and go for it. Choose a Big Horn T2 action (Do yourself a favor and try one) kreiger 1/8 twist MTU contour barrel finished at 28in and threaded 5/8-24 for a silencerco Omega suppressor, jewell trigger and topped it with a nightforce 2-25x56 ATACR scope. Had their cerakote guy grey shoot it in a black and blue digital camo. Once again they hit it out of the park. Rifle looks pretty cool and shoots lights out. I have not had time to shoot it past 600 yards but it is shooting in the low 2's at that range. And I am not the best shooter in the world by any means. Here it is..
[Linked Image]

Last but not least I wanted a straight up hunting rifle with a heavy enough barrel to not heat up to fast but light enough to carry around a little. I decided to go with a 280AI. Figured it was enough for elk and not overkill for the smaller south texas deer in the hill country of texas. Choose a Remington 700 trued action, Mcmillan Hunter stock in a flame pattern. White to light grey to dark grey to black. Bartlein #3 contour 1/8 twist, factory BDL bottom metal, timney trigger and went with a bead blasted flame pattern on the barrel and Swarovski z3 4-12x50 with a outdoorsman custom turret. I will be honest when I tell ya this is the rifle I was least excited about. Wasn't sure about the color scheme and didn't really think it would perform to the level of the other 2 rifles. BOY WAS I WRONG! This is rapidly becoming my favorite rifle. The color scheme turned out great and it shoots really good. Perfectly balanced and handles like a dream. Here it is...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Guess I wrote all this up to say a big thanks to the guys at Alamo precision. And man what a difference a it makes when you have a gunsmith who will listen to what you want, give a little advise and exchange ideas with you.

Thanks to everyone who made it thru this long post hope you enjoyed it. Happy shooting

I really like the color scheme on that bottom one. Bipod needs to be white to complete the look though. wink
Nice rifles I really like the 260 and 280 AI hunting guns in particular.
© 24hourcampfire