Home
Posted By: C_ROY Cerakote color question - 11/19/15
I have an older McMillan stock painted in olive from the 1980's. I need to have it repainted as the finish is getting a little worn. Is the Cerakote McMillan olive color a direct match to the factory painted color? Is cerakote a preferred choice for this or should I send the stock back to McMillan and have them repaint it? Not sure what type of paint McMillan uses.

Secondly, I am having the barreled action that sits in this stock rebarreled. It is a chrome moly action and I plan to use a stainless barrel for the new barrel. I want to cerakote the barreled action when done, what color should I cerakote the barreled action that would look good with the olive stock.
Posted By: 805 Re: Cerakote color question - 11/19/15
Cerakote air cure is what you would need to use or duracoat. Graphite black or armour black looks great with olive. Sniper grey also looks good with olive.
I'd send it to McM for a repaint. Waaaaayyyy cheaper than Cerakote and plenty good.
Posted By: jdunham Re: Cerakote color question - 11/20/15
Send the stock back to McMillan for paint.

Graphite black with an olive stock is a classic look. In the custom blueprint thread I have one pictured toward the end of the thread.
Posted By: javman Re: Cerakote color question - 11/20/15
McMillan uses paint made by sherwin Williams and they only charge $56 for a repaint job. The $56 quote is from their website.
© 24hourcampfire