Home
Getting close to ordering my first McMillan and have chosen to go with the painted speckletone finish. I have read through the speckletone thread many times but alot of the pictures are no longer available. I have listed a few color combinations that I am interested in seeing. If you could post a few images and close ups it is greatly appreciated. Stock will be a Remington Classic; barrelled action is stainless. I plan to either bead blast or Cerakote in Graphite Black.

Here are a few color combinations that I am interested in:
Black with gray and tan splatter
Black with dark earth and gray splatter
Black with heavy gray splatter
Gray with black and tan splatter
Gray with heavy black splatter
Olive with black and tan splatter

Any other combinations are ok as well. Also, does anyone know if it is possible to eliminate the checking and have the textured grip installed like the Game Scout or HTG model. I have emailed McMillan and am waiting for a reply.

Thanks,
Ansley
Olive w/ black and tan.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Black with Gray

[Linked Image]

Here are 2 that are olive with black & tan speckle: One is a Hunters Edge and one a Classic Edge.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Not on your list but brown & black speckle with red pad - sold this one but have the same on order:
[Linked Image]

Grey with black & white speckle:
[Linked Image]
Thank you all. Hard to chose as these all look great!

Oregon, did you have to specifically ask for white in the gray, black and white stock? I have never saw that combo before. If it is not too much trouble could you post a close up of the stock?

Keep'um coming!
Sorry should of explained that one, Karl Feldkamp actually did that one when he built the rifle. Here is a little better pic:

[Linked Image]
That looks really good. I like the smaller flecks.
I have a brown stock with black speckle. I think it looks very sharp with my stainless action and barrel.
There is a sticky just a few posts above yours called "McMillan Speckletone Granite Finish Color Chart" that covers a lot of the combos you asked about.

I personally like the black base with gray and dark earth, put an order in for one with those color specs not too long ago.
Sevens, I have read through the other thread several times, but alot of the pictures are no longer viewable. The color combo you mentioned...is that one of the stocks on page 4? I like that combination also.
Here is a grey base with black speckles that is off being bedded to a blasted stainless barreled action.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Looks real nice haverluk. I am sure it will look great in a stainless action.
The one posted by xverminator. I fiddled with my settings, but it's page 5 for me.
^^^ I agree that stock looks really nice. Probably in my top three choices.
My speckletone photos are still up but here's an easy view, brown with black. This on my 416 Rem M70.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ed, that that .416 of yours is by far one of my favorite McMillan stocked rifles.

My FN 9.3x62 build is almost done and and took direct inspiration from your rifle. Mike McCabe is just finishing up the express sights, barrel band, Timney, and Dakota safety. I even tried to get Mike Scherz to make bases for it but he flaked out. Will be using Talley Signature bases, QR rings and a VX3 1.5-5x20. [Linked Image]
You will have a fine rifle no doubt. Interesting that Micheal would not do the bases as I have a few sets of his with the 416's of mine having a "hidden" cross bolt on the rear base to lock it all well to/fro.
Originally Posted by EdM
You will have a fine rifle no doubt. Interesting that Micheal would not do the bases as I have a few sets of his with the 416's of mine having a "hidden" cross bolt on the rear base to lock it all well to/fro.

He was rather backed up when I contacted him. We set a plan and agreed on a timeline but then he wouldn't return my calls or emails requesting a copy of his FFL for shipping. I plan on giving him a second chance in the future.
Tan with Black.

[Linked Image]
Thanks Grand.
There is a sticky just a few posts above yours called "McMillan Speckletone Granite Finish Color Chart" that covers a lot of the combos you asked about.

'Twas my first thought when I opened the thread.
© 24hourcampfire