Home
Not into Winchesters much, but thought this one looked pretty cool. Priced well it seemed like to me.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/51159...inchester-pre64-model-70-custom--270-win
I agree, one pretty rifle and I doubt that you could build that blueprint for the same $$. Wish that I hadn't already bought 3 rifles this week.
Very nice rifle.
Kind of classy looking to me. Looking at some other stuff but hope someone here can get it.
Decent looking piece but no open sights on a mannlicher looks like chitt to me.
Toss on some sights, add a red pad and rebore to a 9.3 and it'd be golden!
I agree with EdM some tastefull sights to balance it out and would look like a proper mannlicher
Why have open sights to snag on things if you're never going to use them?

I will admit that a mannlicher stocked rifle without open sights looks unusual, but you have to decide for yourself which is more important, looks or function.

My Remington 7 laminated mannlicher parts guns in 223 and 260 don't have open sights installed, nor do a couple of Mark X mannlichers that I've rebarreled in 260 and 7x57. I did put the front sight on a couple of Ruger 77 Rs that I cut back to 18.5" and installed in 77 RSI stocks, but I didn't bother to drill the holes necessary to install the Ruger rear sights on them.

The only thing that I'd do to that Winchester is to swap the Lyman Alaskan for a Leupold 2.5-8x36.
I have never had open sights snag on anything, Mannlicher or not. Also, I have and do hunt with open sights.
Originally Posted by EdM
I have never had open sights snag on anything, Mannlicher or not. Also, I have and do hunt with open sights.

Different people, different experiences.
© 24hourcampfire