Home
Just thought you guys would like to check this rifle out.....Tim Cronin @ Elkhorn Precision built this for himself/the shop and just sent me some pictures

Check out his machine work..... he machined integral scope bases into the barrel itself...Tim has some serious skills.....and patience!! (and enjoys beer)

Enjoy the pictures:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nicely done. I recall a custom rifle maker years ago that used to do a rifle like that using the Ruger actions, and his own synthetic Stock design. Had his catalog for years. "Chifton Arms" or something like that. He had his barrel maker leave nodes of metal at such points and machine them to accept rings.
I tried a scout rifle with the old Burris 2.7X Scout Scope back in the mid 90's. Found the rifle very handy and user friendly. But do not like the scope's lack of image resolution, etc.
The Leupold VX2, 1.5-4X I have on my M1A Squad Scout is far better. I suspect having 6-6.9 inches of eye relief vs. 9-12 inches in ER makes much of the difference. E
That is a sweet rig, there was a outfit making a rear scope base with a fold down sight but with older eyes that rear sight would be easier to see mounted that far forward smile
© 24hourcampfire