Home
Wanting something top quality and that's semi inletted by someone who knows what they are doing. Looked at Boyds and Walnut Grove so far. Any suggestions?
buy the wood separately and then have it cut to a pattern stock that has had your metalwork glassed in. You will get a much better job than just buying a semi-inlet.
Dave or inthe10ring over at Mauser Central does really nice work.
contact ramrod340 here on the 'fire. he can make you one from any grade or species wood you want
This is another good one.
Accurate Innovations
http://www.rifle-stocks.com

I'm not sure about their higher end well figured wood, but I do have one of their laminate stocks.

Was a 99% drop in fit (well, almost). It was channeled for a OEM stock contour sporter barrel, and I dropped in a straight tapered 26" with a .850" muzzle.

But, other than that, some simple sanding and some Brownells oil finish for that "hand rubbed" look.

I'm almost done with it, and I've been pleased so far.

I have a commercial Dumoulin Mauser action that I want to try and build a .375 Ruger on. I too am looking for a higher end, well figured walnut stock.

Thank you for the post as I'm sure it will give me some resources for a stock also.

Jeff
© 24hourcampfire