Home
Been about 12-15 months in the making. I ordered all the parts last spring. The action took about 5 months, barrel was in stock at BugHoles, the stock took about 4 months (the first time), but arrived with the wrong color. So that took another 3.5 months to get a new one. Sent it all off to Jon Beanland and he did his thing.

It arrived today. I've been running the bolt and dry firing and whatnot and everything feels great. I have a bunch of dummy rounds and it feeds perfectly.

Specs:
  • Defiance Deviant Tactical, 20 MOA rail, blind bolt release, longer side port
  • Bartlein M24/M40, 26", 4-groove, 1:8 twist
  • Kampfeld Customs brake
  • Surgeon DBM
  • McMillan A5-Adjustable in 50% black, 25% medium grey, 25% light grey
  • KMW Loggerhead cheekpiece hardware
  • Jewell trigger @ 1.5lbs (I also have a Timney Calvin Elite)
  • Seekins rings
  • Tangent Theta 5-25 scope

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Tested two factory loads: 140 A-MAX and the new 140 ELD-M. Rifle definitely likes the ELD-M loads more.

Wind: Gusts up to 14 MPH
Altitude: 184 ft.
Density Alt: 2450
Temp: 88.4 F
Humidity: 20.8%
Baro: 29.6
Station Pr.: 29.61

Average Velocity: 2834 fps
SD: 14.4
ES: 57

Groups with ELD-M

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Bad ass! What's it weigh?
Beanland and Bogner. Not a bad combo...
Nice rifle. Jon sure builds some shooters. I would like a Creed, but don't really need any more rifles.
Weighs 16.4 lbs if I remember correctly.

Yeah, the rifle goes nicely with my guitar smile

[Linked Image]
Ceriatone. Weren't those 18 watt clones to begin with? I built an 18 watter back in the day.

Only two electrics I have left.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Higbean
Ceriatone. Weren't those 18 watt clones to begin with? I built an 18 watter back in the day.

Mmmm I don't know how Ceriatone started. But they make lots of different stuff now. Those two in the photo are a Yeti and a Chupacabra. They're high-gain Marshalls based on the Jose mods. Zener/diode clipper with some bright/gain switches. They sound very feral and angry.
The rifle is a thing of beauty, both in form and function. But oof, too heavy for me. Glad it turned out well for you!
Really a nice rifle - but then Jon does know how to build a good one! Congrats to you.
Are those 3, 4, or 5 shot groups? Either way that is serious accuracy!

Jon is building a hunting 6.5x47 for me (hopefully soon). What was his turn around time for you once he had all of your parts? I am hoping mine will be done in June. My gun will be half the weight of yours with a scope. If I can average double the size of those groups I will be pleased.

Does a 16 lb 6.5 Creedmoore, with a brake, even twitch when fired?
In order: 3 shots, 4 shots, 3 shots, 5 shots. Sorry, should have labeled them.

Got DOPE out to 1,000 last weekend. I'm very happy! And I have a match on Sunday.

The rifle doesn't really kick at all haha. It's great. I think my AR15 kicks more.
My Beanland rifle is complete and headed my way.
Nice rig.

What do you think about the TT scope, v/s PMII & the GII Razor?
Very nice tactical rifle.
I have a barreled(benchmark #3) action(Borden) that Beanland smithed and assembled. It's dropped in a McMillan edge with timney trigger, HS gen1 bottom metal. It's not this beautiful but it shoot just like this. I would post pics, but I can't get photobucket app to work from iPad......

It's 260. I'm actually selling because I just got my creedmoor a couple weeks ago.
Originally Posted by coleridge
Nice rig.

What do you think about the TT scope, v/s PMII & the GII Razor?

If I didn't think it was the best scope out there, I wouldn't have bought it. wink
Nice stick from Beanland he builds some very accurate rifles.......love my 47L he built me!!!!
Here is my 260 Beanland assembled the barreled action. That is the last (3 shot only) group I've shot with rifle. Took it out an killed one doe at a chip shot 247 yards..it's sold to a friend and I built a creedmoor instead.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
D500, If you have other rifles that need selling because they shoot that poorly, send me a PM. I would be glad to help smile
Originally Posted by bonefish
D500, If you have other rifles that need selling because they shoot that poorly, send me a PM. I would be glad to help smile

Haha.a I need my head checked. The rifle is just not what I envisioned. I bought it second hand but new/unfired. It shoots beautifully. Just heavier than I want and I'm not a dbm fan as much as BDL style. You know just to sum it up, I never fell in love with it.
More news. Won a few matches with this one. Very happy! Easily shoots sub-0.25 MOA with factory ammo. Here's a first-string target from a 600-yard match:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I am going to have to ask Jon to build me a long range 6.5 of some sort. What does he like besides the x47L and the Creedmoor? I have a 6.5x47 in a 7lb hunting configuration.
Nice rifle and good shooting '48
Really nice rigs!

I was watching my neighbor work up loads for his 6.5 Creed last week. Using a 127g Barnes long range with Win 760, he worked up a load shooting bug holes at 100 yards, velocity was 3130 fps. Not to shabby! I think that I need a Creed, he was shooting a custom Model 7 with a 24" Brux barrel.
Rifle above looks like a 6.5 Dot

Keith, is that within Saami pressures?

[Linked Image]

Stiller 6.5 creedmoor built by Accurate Ordnance on left. The Beanland 260 on right. Accurate Ordnance cut and crowned at 22" and bead blasted today. Amazing what a difference it made on how much I like the rifle.
Originally Posted by d500lnn

[Linked Image]

Stiller 6.5 creedmoor built by Accurate Ordnance on left. The Beanland 260 on right. Accurate Ordnance cut and crowned at 22" and bead blasted today. Amazing what a difference it made on how much I like the rifle.

Boy, it must be a genuine personal crisis trying to pick which one to take hunting on any given day.

What barrel/contour you running on those?
Both 3. Left is Mullerworks and the right is Benchmark.

It is tough, I've got some 284 and 243 that I love as well. Most folks purge rifles, I've got a group I just can't part with.....this gun on right was going to go.....guy backed out. I'm gonna keep it. It's a hammer an absolute laser with 120's
Slick looking piece! Wasn't familiar with those scopes, looked them up and WOW! Well done all the way around.
© 24hourcampfire