Home
I had been wanting one of these since they were introduced but had held off until a month or two ago because of the bad accuracy many were getting...

after locating a closer model in the 6.5 creedmoor i purchased it and can say this one shoots very well I am consistently getting .5-.75 inch groups from it at 100 yards even it todays 85 degree and humid weather...

the only issues I have with the rifle are the fitment of the bottom metal the inlet is a little large.

I felt the front action screw was a little to short so replaced it with a longer one that makes contact with a few more threads

and finally adjusted the trigger a little lighter

just passing this along for others that may be interested in one
I read some of the early reports and was scared off a little myself, but it seems most were cured by simply bedding, and the factory changed the bedding process a few months into production.

Happy to read the good report, as I think it is a LOT of rifle for the money. I will buy one soon myself.

The stock feels great, and doesn't have the thick-wristed feel of many other factory synthetics.

I really like the Ed Brown 704 action design, and the 3-position safety ala M70.

And I like the stainless barrel and Cerakote. The Timney trigger is a big plus as well.

There's quite a few of the $1600 Closer model on GB for around $1300, which seems like a great buy to me. It seems to me that they are going up in price.
The Legendary Arms web site list the Closer is Discontinued!
Wonder what is going on with Legendary Arms?
I think they decided that to make the Professional and their new one (Bobcat) with MSRP close to $2k rather than the Closer (that only lacks the barrel flutes and brake of the Professional for $1600 MSRP).

The Closer was the loss-leader, and I guess they don't need to discount that much anymore.
© 24hourcampfire