Home
Do you think there is enough "meat" to relieve the forearm of the HS Precision sporter stock (pss001) to accept and float a Criterion light varmint contour barrel?
I really doubt it. A #4 magnum sporter is about as big as i would go.
Is there any reason a REM 700 single shot receiver will not work in an ADL inletted stock? Does the front trigger guard screw on the ADL trigger guard connect to the receiver? I have never owned an ADL or seen one dismantled and need to order a stock for my single shot receiver build.
Don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. The front screw on an ADL is the same as a BDL and yes it connect to the receiver.
I was inquiring about the front screw on the ADL trigger guard.
An ADL guard uses the front action screw which threads into the bottom of the receiver and a smaller screw in the rear that threads into the threads behind the magazine cut out. Another options is to bed a threaded pillar into the stock for the rear screw.
Originally Posted by 805
An ADL guard uses the front action screw which threads into the bottom of the receiver and a smaller screw in the rear that threads into the threads behind the magazine cut out. Another options is to bed a threaded pillar into the stock for the rear screw.

That confuses me......are you talking about a Remington 700 ADL trigger guard?
Yes a Rem 700 ADL. Its held in with 2 screws. What's confusing?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 805

The smaller screw is the front guard screw or middle screw, the rear is a 1/4-28 screw and the front screw is 1/4-28 screw!
When you said "smaller screw in rear"...............maybe I wasn't confused.
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by 805

The smaller screw is the front guard screw or middle screw, the rear is a 1/4-28 screw and the front screw is 1/4-28 screw!

Thanks that's what I thought.
Originally Posted by Gitsum
When you said "smaller screw in rear"...............maybe I wasn't confused.

Pretty sure 805 just typed it wrong!
Yeah I am sure it was a typo, like me my fingers don't always follow my brain. Lol
I guess my brain was working backwards guys. My mistake should've been rear action screw and smaller front screw.
Also if your going to go ADL checkout Bat machine. They make an awesome ADL trigger guard.
Must be thinking alike the Bat Machine ADL trigger guard is already here!
© 24hourcampfire