Posted By: Swamplord Re: 375 Warlord is unlocked - 10/24/16
[Linked Image]]photobucket[/url]
[Linked Image]]photobucket[/url]
Posted By: BobinNH Re: 375 Warlord is unlocked - 10/24/16
Looks impressive.

What action houses that cartridge?
Posted By: Teal Re: 375 Warlord is unlocked - 10/24/16
While I have no use for a cartridge that large - I have to say I love the font on your print for "375 Warlord"
Posted By: 4ager Re: 375 Warlord is unlocked - 10/24/16
Da-yum....
Posted By: Porker Re: 375 Warlord is unlocked - 10/24/16
speed on that monster? by the way ... what projectile is seated in the 375 H&H case?
Originally Posted by Porker
speed on that monster? by the way ... what projectile is seated in the 375 H&H case?

It looks like an old Winchester Silvertip to me.
So you took Lethal Precision Firearms photos and used them? The 375 Lethal Magnum won the recent King of the 2 Mile shoot with a 400 grain Berger bullet.
http://www.lethalprecisionarms.com/home.html
The brass is Ed Hubel's 585he. It has 190 grn powder capacity and delivers the 400 grain bullet at 3100 FPS. LPF is working very closely with Bryan Litz and Applied Ballistics.

Now, where does the Warlord fit in?
the big Chey Tac actions are good to go, the 375 Warlord works on the same boltface as the 408 CheyTac based cartridges ....
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
So you took Lethal Precision Firearms photos and used them? The 375 Lethal Magnum won the recent King of the 2 Mile shoot with a 400 grain Berger bullet.
http://www.lethalprecisionarms.com/home.html
The brass is Ed Hubel's 585he. It has 190 grn powder capacity and delivers the 400 grain bullet at 3100 FPS. LPF is working very closely with Bryan Litz and Applied Ballistics.

Now, where does the Warlord fit in?

The 375 Warlord is the original 375/585 HE Improved , I developed it nearly 3 years before the Lethal Mag hit the scene, I took those photos of the 375 Warlord myself several years ago, the 375 Lethal Mag did not appear until the spring of 2016 and Mitch went on to win the KO2M shoot with it, proving that big magnums with big heavy bullets are very accurate and can be shot with extreme precision ,

Dimensionally they are very similar, minor differences since both wildcats are of the "improved" version for max capacity gain, there is only so much you can blow out a case, no clue what Mitch went with but the 375 Warlord has .025" taper from top of belt to neck/shoulder junction for easy extraction and a 37 degree shoulder angle, it does not headspace on the belt but on the shoulder, they are ballistically identical since case capacities are similar ...... both use same source for parent brass cases except the 375 Warlord design can also use the beltless 375 CheyTac long cases, trimmed a bit and fireformed .....

The only other difference is that the 375 Lethal Mag can only be had if they build you a complete rifle .... Which puts it out of reach of many shooters who wish to get one ...... The 375 Warlord on the other hand is available to everyone on the planet ...... Anybody can call up JGS and order a reamer and build a 375 Warlord with their chosen parts and gunsmith of their choosing, this was the original intent of the 375 Warlord, access to a super magnum ELR capable cartridge that exceeds the 375 CheyTac and 375 SnipeTac cartridges , I made that promise several years ago and now it is delivered

If that is the case I'm OK with it. I just don't like people taking advantage of a friend or acquaintance. JGS would be a better place than PT&G at the present. I do have a hand full of brass coming from Ed to play with.
Posted By: BobinNH Re: 375 Warlord is unlocked - 10/24/16
Originally Posted by Swamplord
the big Chey Tac actions are good to go, the 375 Warlord works on the same boltface as the 408 CheyTac based cartridges ....

Swampland thanks for FYI.
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
If that is the case I'm OK with it. I just don't like people taking advantage of a friend or acquaintance. JGS would be a better place than PT&G at the present. I do have a hand full of brass coming from Ed to play with.

JGS have the most recent updated print for the 375 Warlord and I just got off the phone with them, I 100% released it for public use and reamer prints can be had by request, PT&G have my print from the summer of 2015 and it needs to be updated, as I have made some dimensional changes for positive extraction by adding some case taper, waiting on a call from Kiff to update that print and make sure the 375 Warlord has a standardized reamer to avoid problems ....... also sending prints to Manson in the event some shooters prefer reamers made by Dave Manson .....

Ed Hubel is sending me 1000 pcs of brass to form up with my case forming dies to provide some brass initially and then he will have his own set of dies to crank out as much cases as needed to supply those who build the 375 Warlord
Dave Manson makes great reamers, just way behind. I'm trying to locate my old case forming dies for the large cases. Seems you loan them out and they in turn loan them out. Trying to help Ed.
Originally Posted by teal
While I have no use for a cartridge that large - I have to say I love the font on your print for "375 Warlord"

Hahaha, well I'm glad someone noticed the font !
I saved the QD print then opened it in "Paint" on my 'puter to add the info text and the name , took me over an hour to sample all the available fonts and the "Algerian" font seemed to stand out most
Posted By: SKane Re: 375 Warlord is unlocked - 10/24/16
Pretty cool.
I'd shoot that one with BobinNH's shoulder. laugh

Posted By: Teal Re: 375 Warlord is unlocked - 10/25/16
Skane - when you're done with Bob's shoulder, lend it to me. That looks like the ticket for that prairie dog hunt I've always wanted to do.

Can someone recommend a TTSX for it? I don't want them getting away...
Will it work on jackrabbits?
Posted By: 300MAG Re: 375 Warlord is unlocked - 10/25/16
You hunting tanks or 747's???
Posted By: Steelhead Re: 375 Warlord is unlocked - 10/25/16
If that doesn't make you want to buy a T/C Encore, I don't know what does.
Posted By: Swamplord Re: 375 Warlord is unlocked - 10/25/16
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

yes, and squirrels
Posted By: Swamplord Re: 375 Warlord is unlocked - 10/25/16
Some information pertaining to the 375 Warlord ....

the JGS reamer print is set up so the 375 Warlord will not headspace on the belt but on the shoulder datum line at the .500" diameter 2.9020" up from bottom of case, the reamer is set up "beltless" and cases will have to be fire formed by headspacing on a snug shoulder or bullet jammed into rifling like a typical unbelted cartridge, the JGS reamer print numbers are set up from the .300" mark from bolt face up to a datum line just above the belt, all lengths are from there so you just add .300" to the lengths to get full length to bottom of case.... That was done because the belt is stll outside of chamber unsupported, I made it so beltless /turned cartridges can be used by those who don't want the belt, and the beltless 375 CheyTac long cases can be used to make 375 Warlord brass as well, once I put a shoulder on the straightwalled case the belt became obsolete, in this manner potential future 375 Warlord fully formed headstamped brass can be manufactured without the belt

the 375 Warlord is also set up with a zero freebore throat, meaning no throat past the short .0148" lead above the case mouth, this is done so the long heavy bore rider MTH, MTAC and LAZER bullets by Cutting Edge can be used with extreme precision, all conventional lighter bullets will also work as they will be seated deeper in case taking up the extra space and helping with case fill ........ I hope this makes sense to everybody,
Posted By: BobinNH Re: 375 Warlord is unlocked - 10/25/16
Originally Posted by SKane
Pretty cool.
I'd shoot that one with BobinNH's shoulder. laugh

Now stop ...... grin

You know can't handle something like that....

Kick ass cartridge though!
Anything that dwarfs a .378 Wby. is a true behemoth. Makes my shoulder ache just looking at it.

Have you played with a .338 version of this monster any?
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

yes, and squirrels
cool
Posted By: Cowboybart Re: 375 Warlord is unlocked - 10/26/16
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Anything that dwarfs a .378 Wby. is a true behemoth. Makes my shoulder ache just looking at it.

+1
I sold my 416 Wby because it shook my fillings loose. Guessing this will detach my retina
© 24hourcampfire