Home
I have a synthetic stock I would like to have painted for my son's rifle. I could do it myself, but the result might be better done by someone who knows what they are doing. He wants a matte black base with silver webbing.

Any offers or suggestions?
Get in touch with MtnBoomer.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Get in touch with MtnBoomer.

He does Great Work!!
Bighorn. Happy to help with it in any way. Can lead you through a DIY job. If plastic, Krylon Fusion Matte Black, Krylon Silver Webbing and some Matte clearcoat. Sourcing the Canned Webbing and keeping a light-hand when applying are the two-things to look for. It usually can be found online from JoAnns.

Or, happy to do it too, as above, or in Duracoat. Not my favorite, as the webbing in a can is so unpredictable. Do other stuff too. Just shoot me a PM if you want.

Pretty sure this is 338's.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
And a couple others Midnight Lightnings.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
And other stuff...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
More other stuff, just trying things... Pretty much set up for work over this winter and there's all sorts of options. I generally use Duracoat and have been bake curing it with good success. IIRC, that's the same polyurethane enamel that Manners, McMillan and Kimber use under the trade name Polane T. I can add baked on Cerakote clear and have been trialing soft-touch clear as well. Wouldn't mind doing up something in a solid with gloss clear automotive top coat.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Nice work, MtnBoomer!

PM sent your way. Thanks.
Very nice
© 24hourcampfire