Home
I traded for a Remington 700 XCR II in .30/06. I thought it would make a good African plains game rifle. But it has the cursed Remington X-Mark Pro trigger that has been recalled. Rather than send it to one of Remington's repair stations (they no longer do in house trigger repairs, per Remington!) that I replace the trigger with a new Trigger Tech trigger (www.triggertech.com) which is half the price of a Jewell. I called one of the gunsmiths at Brownell's and he recommended a Jewell or Timney, but had not personally used the Trigger Tech as a Remington 700 replacement. He was very helpful and said it was a new product, but he would check their sales record to see how it was selling. He came back and said, "OMG, I do not know who is buying the Trigger Tech trigger, but we have sold over 500 in the last six months and no product complaints are shown." Has anyone used the Trigger Trigger because it looks like a neat idea with a free floating roller with no metal sear to trigger contact scraping. Your comments would be appreciated.
i have two no complaints they are crisp with no creep
I run one and i love it . I would say Its as good as a Timney.
I replaced a Timney because it failed with a Trigger Tech. I adjusted it twenty-five ounces. It settled at twenty ounces and stayed there for hundreds of shots. No creep what so ever.
I don't have one - yet anyway. The smith that just finished building my newest rig was talking about these. He thought for a hunting rifle that they would be a great option so may need to try one soon.
Love mine. Prefer over Timney
I really love the ones I have as well, awesome triggers.
I have used the Timney and Shilen triggers before, and of the 2 I prefer the Shilen. But a buddy talked me into trying the Trigger Tech and wow, what an awesome trigger. Now several other friends are running them in their comp rifles and have had zero issues with thousands of rounds under them.
I've got a couple. They're as good as Shilen, and better than Timney, IMO.
They are very nice triggers but I'm not to happy they raised the price on them. The first one I bought was $97 shipped to my door.
https://triggertech.com/collections/bolt-action/products/rem-700-special-trigger

I want to try this new one they call the special, but not really that bad to pay $180 for it.
I'd not heard of these until now.. Of course, anything's better than the original pos X-Mark trigger..

My ONLY concern (after perusing their product) is that it's so enclosed that any crap/moisture might get down into there from the sear gap and cause an issue.. HOWEVER, it also appears that it's engineered to allow the side to be removed to get at the innards and clean.

THAT - I like..

I might have to get one of these to fully examine, go over, and might install in one of my two M700s just to see how it performs..
Originally Posted by Redneck
I'd not heard of these until now.. Of course, anything's better than the original pos X-Mark trigger..

My ONLY concern (after perusing their product) is that it's so enclosed that any crap/moisture might get down into there from the sear gap and cause an issue.. HOWEVER, it also appears that it's engineered to allow the side to be removed to get at the innards and clean.

THAT - I like..

I might have to get one of these to fully examine, go over, and might install in one of my two M700s just to see how it performs..

Lee you will like them, THey are very crisp and creep free
Originally Posted by Redneck

THAT - I like..

You own 700's? Blasphemy. grin I like the way these look as well probably never buy one unless a 700 falls in my lap
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
I don't have one - yet anyway. The smith that just finished building my newest rig was talking about these. He thought for a hunting rifle that they would be a great option so may need to try one soon.

What did ya build & who built it??
Double check the price. They def increased over the initial $75 offering. They're the same range as Timney now. I'm on the fence with either a TT or Shilen in my Rem 700 ML smokeless conversion.
Originally Posted by tarheelpwr
Double check the price. They def increased over the initial $75 offering. They're the same range as Timney now. I'm on the fence with either a TT or Shilen in my Rem 700 ML smokeless conversion.

When Ruger came out with the 77 they were dirt cheap. So was Pepsi. Some times new product's prices are reduced to get them out in the market. If they are good they get the kind of reviews here and the company can start recovering their investment.

If I do another rifle on a 700 clone I will use another Trigger Tech.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

You own 700's? Blasphemy.
I know, I know.. What's worse is, I even have one BACO M70!! eek

One of the M700s was a leftover at a shop that just wanted to get rid of it.. Was an older model and the stock was pretty beat up. I bought it for $125 and tore it apart. Rebarreled it in .358 STA and put a replacement Rem stock on it.. Blued it to like new and it's been in the safe ever since.. Thought it would be da bomb for big bear country..

The other was a NIB M700 in .17 Rem I bought circa '95.. And I love it.. There's something about a 25 gr boolit traveling 4,000 fps on it's way to a varmint that just OOOZES fun.. Hardly any recoil or muzzle flip. Peanuts to reload. It's one I'll keep until I'm dead. smile

I used one on a 700 6.5 Creedmoor build I put together this fall and I love it! I've been very happy with Timney, but the Trigger Tech seems to match the Timney in every way and is cheaper.

Jim Kobe just barreled and chambered a Stiller Predator action for me, and it is going to get a Trigger Tech trigger installed.
So cost aside, would you rather have a Jewell or this one? I'm looking at replacing the XMP on a .204 SPS-V, and I think I'd like it to be set between one and two pounds.
I think the aluminum side plates will be a future problem.
Trigger tech just had a 20% coupon going, they may still. With shipping they were/are running $128.

Also, I asked them about the "special" and here's what they said:

"Thanks for your question. The big difference is that it is adjustable from 1lb to 3.5lb. Our primary trigger is 1.5 – 4.

The primary trigger is an awesome trigger and I would recommend that unless you are very focused on having a light pull weight.

Thanks,

Bryden"
Jewell for a really light pull <6 oz. Trigger Tech for 6+.

Shooting in really dusty conditions the Trigger Tech hands down. The roller will roll over a fair amount of grit and after a shot of lighter fluid it is as good as new again.

Keep asking for a LH one, maybe one of these days.
Thank you sir.
I just installed a trigger tech trigger on my m700, simplicity and precision in holding the setting!

They are easy to install yourself, I didn't feel like I needed six hands to hold everything in place, as I felt with my first Timney.

I don't plan to buy any other brand in the future, and as a plus they are very light weight. They hit a home run with this one.
Recall notice:

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/triggertech-recalls-crossbow-triggers
This recall involves TriggerTech carbide triggers, including the Rem 700 Carbide Triggers, the AR15 Carbide Triggers, and the Excalibur, Mission, Killer Instinct, and Parker Crossbow Triggers.

EABCO
http://www.eabco.net/TriggerTech_bymfg_1104-3-1.html?redirect=1
"We have suspended sales of TriggerTech triggers indefinitely. "

Trigger Tech recall page
https://triggertech.com/pages/safety

Bruce
Trigger Tech recall page
https://triggertech.com/pages/safety

Old news. Triggers produced after July 2016 are good to go.
Getting ready to find out now they make a left hand model. I have two Rem 700 .243s one with a jewel and the other will get the TT.

I suspect that since I set these at 2lbs I would have to intentionally pour sand and dust in them to see a difference. I think with dust and grit the TT may come out ahead but if you want a really light trigger then the Jewell is the way to go. The Left hand is post recall so not concerned there.
Never replaced a trigger. It was always cheaper and better to have it worked on.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Never replaced a trigger. It was always cheaper and better to have it worked on.
Heeheehee.. Well, it IS cheaper... laugh laugh
Had two Rem. triggers that went FUBAR after I worked on one and then a smith did the other, Both would slam fire if you really banged the stock down hard so it is not always cheaper. To the Smiths credit he did not charge for the trigger job.
© 24hourcampfire