Home
Posted By: xverminator McMillan Game Hunter.. - 12/28/16
Anyone here running one of these? If so I'd be interested in hearing your opinions on this particular pattern. I'm particularly interested in Edge fill versions.

Love my GameScout but the adjustable cheek piece added a lot of weight. Hoping with the GameHunter I can achieve the same cheek weld but lose a bunch of weight.

X-VERMINATOR
If you're a Facebook person, check out Whaley precision. Matt does a SxS comparison complete with weights.
just but a cheek riser that users velcro to go sound the stock. that's what I food work my game scout, $25 and maybe 2-3 oz.
Posted By: SeanD Re: McMillan Game Hunter.. - 01/04/17
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
just but a cheek riser that users velcro to go sound the stock. that's what I food work my game scout, $25 and maybe 2-3 oz.

Do you mean a stock pack like triad or eagle, or something different? If it's something else, mind posting a link?
Posted By: ctsmith Re: McMillan Game Hunter.. - 01/04/17
Manners EH1, EH3, and SL all have a much higher cheek than the Game Scout.
Posted By: REDVANES Re: McMillan Game Hunter.. - 01/06/17
EH2 as well.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ctsmith Re: McMillan Game Hunter.. - 01/06/17
Yes the EH2 has a high cheek, but for me, if prone is in the cards, the heel is way too low, landing mid to lower shoulder, very uncomfortable.
Posted By: xverminator Re: McMillan Game Hunter.. - 01/06/17
I like closed grips and palm swells of the Manners stuff but I like vertical grips even better. That's why I was thinking Edge Gamehunter. Just noticed however that the forend will except up to a #8 contour. Thinking it may be chunkier than what I'd like in a hunting rifle.

Maybe I'll just go Gamescout again but do the clamp bar cheek piece instead of the thumbwheel. Anybody got an edge Gamescout with the clamp bar cheek piece? I'd be curious as to what it weighs.

Posted By: ctsmith Re: McMillan Game Hunter.. - 01/06/17
Have you tried the EH1? Don't know how you intend to use it. If its a long range rig used mostly in prone the EH1 is awesome. High comb with little drop = high heel. Vertical grip.

Posted By: kingston Re: McMillan Game Hunter.. - 01/06/17
Originally Posted by REDVANES
EH2 as well.

[Linked Image]

That's ffin' narwhal!
Posted By: Hess Re: McMillan Game Hunter.. - 01/10/17
I'm looking at the Precision Stock Works (Rifleman) stock. Hill Country rifles is in charge of it now and I guess it's made by McMillan. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one for a 28 Nosler build. That might fit your bill...
Posted By: Mjduct Re: McMillan Game Hunter.. - 01/15/17
I would love to know about the game scout and game warden and the EH4 all look promising for versatile medium barreled short guns with 18-20" semi heavy barrels
Posted By: BrodynIdaho Re: McMillan Game Hunter.. - 01/16/17
Whaley is just about done with my rifle and I went with the game hunter he has posted on Facebook over the scout. Should have it in a few days or so. I'll let you know my thoughts on it then.
The main reason I went with it was the fact that I didn't want to go the stock pack route on the game scout and not a big fan of adjustable. Keep it simple.
Posted By: bobnob17 Re: McMillan Game Hunter.. - 01/17/17
If it doesn't work out I can hardly imagine you'd have much trouble offloading it for a minimal loss. Would be good to see pics when it's done.
© 24hourcampfire