Home
Posted By: jackmountain Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/02/17
Tanners old stock, McMillan classic custom arctic
with Seekins precision DBM
older Remington action bought here
Rock #3 fluted .243, 8 twist, 24",bought on here.
Timney trigger from 257 heaven
Grovtek push button qd swivels on sale at Midway awhile back
SWFA 6x MQ from two years ago black Friday sale, been on my 541T mounted on Burris XTR in SWFA low rings.
Fosnaugh fit it to the stock, and cerakoted the works, plus added a bolt knob. Excellent fit and finish, thanks Eddie!

105 amax touches lands at 2.807 so I can run standard mags or throw it in an ADL stock if wanted/needed
95 nosler bt touches at 2.782

Need to grab some HPBT's and some tsx's this week.

going to be fed with Accurate AICS footprint 5 rd'er

Hope to get some rds. loaded to see what's up later this week if the rain ever stops....haven't weighed it but betting 8lbs'ish
[Linked Image]
As it sits I have just under $1800.00 total in the works
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/02/17
Nice! Glad I could contribute. Can't wait to hear how it shoots.

Very nice
Thanks. Little heavier than I like but It balances well. Wish I could chop the barrel to 21"-22" but beggars can't be choosers and it was a steal and already fluted. Twisted and throated right too!

Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/02/17

Very, very nice
I'm gonna order a SS 3-9 for it or try to catch a used one.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/02/17
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I'm gonna order a SS 3-9 for it or try to catch a used one.

Absolutely can't go wrong with that plan!! If you wait until July 4, they'll be $450.

Posted By: 30338 Re: Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/02/17
Good looking rifle there.
Posted By: woodson Re: Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/02/17
Really nice setup! You'll have a lot of fun with that thing for sure.
Posted By: SKane Re: Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/02/17
Great looking rifle. I suspect it'll do good things.
Guessed way off. 9lb 12oz. No mag or loaded Rds.
Posted By: woodson Re: Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/03/17
That's a chunk!
Been humping my Montana and Colt/NULA all season so feels heavier than it is. As long as it shoots won't matter. 10lbs it should settle into the bags easy. Need to thread it for a can.
Might have to flute the bolt (grin)
Posted By: fredIII Re: Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/05/17
Good show I always thought that camo pattern would look good with white cerekote. It would be different for sure
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/05/17

Are you sure your scale is right?
Are you sure that is a #3 Rock?
I could see 8 1/2 but not 10#
Does the stock weigh 3 pounds..... smile
Originally Posted by fredIII
Good show I always thought that camo pattern would look good with white cerekote. It would be different for sure

Had a staineless 308 in that stock for a while. Looked good in it. I dropped it in a rhino camo with light gray, dark gray and black and doesn't look as good. That pattern looks better with a black gun IMO.
Posted By: bearstalker Re: Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/05/17
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

Are you sure your scale is right?
Are you sure that is a #3 Rock?
I could see 8 1/2 but not 10#
Does the stock weigh 3 pounds..... smile

Well you gotta figure in the 2+ lbs. worth of scope and rings. Haha. Nice rifle regardless though.
Posted By: grovey Re: Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/06/17
Good looking gun.
Posted By: woodson Re: Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/06/17
Been humping my Montana and Colt/NULA all season so feels heavier than it is. As long as it shoots won't matter. 10lbs it should settle into the bags easy. Need to thread it for a can.

Where do you hunt? I see it says western Va? We hunt in Yellow Spring WV, likely not far from you.
Posted By: woodson Re: Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/06/17
Did Blue Tongue takes its toll there? It really hit our area hard.
Originally Posted by woodson

Where do you hunt? I see it says western Va? We hunt in Yellow Spring WV, likely not far from you.

Highland co. Virginia mostly and the rest in Rockingham co.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/06/17
It looks like you could snip at least an inch off the barrel and not have it look bad at all, maybe even 1.5"
Probably use that to thread for a can.
Posted By: fredIII Re: Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/14/17
I can see black looking best in that stock.
What can are you running????
I'm not a sure fire fan to much $$$$ for a name. Been looking hard at the gem tech!!

Nice rifle and great patients collecting parts. I always start with some great deals and then get giddy about finishing and pay retail for stuff I could have just held back on and snagged cheep.
Silencerco harvester30. Ordered that and a sparrow in June. Should be coming home in the next 6-8 weeks tops.

Haven't got to shoot it yet. Had PRK corrective lens surgery four months ago and was doing perfect, then woke up damn near blind (20/200) in my left eye last Friday. It's healing slowly and hopefully be able to shoot again soon. Scared to take any recoil on my face right now.

Wish I had just suffered wearing glasses now.....
Posted By: fredIII Re: Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/15/17
Silencerco harvester30. Ordered that and a sparrow in June. Should be coming home in the next 6-8 weeks tops.

Haven't got to shoot it yet. Had PRK corrective lens surgery four months ago and was doing perfect, then woke up damn near blind (20/200) in my left eye last Friday. It's healing slowly and hopefully be able to shoot again soon. Scared to take any recoil on my face right now.

Wish I had just suffered wearing glasses now.....

Ya that's serious stuff I would not take any chances at all with my eyes. Keep us up dated on the eyes and how the quieter works.
Posted By: Grand Re: Campfire parts gun 243 - 01/17/17
Does that older Seekins DMB take an AICS, or the Seeking proprietary Mag?
AICS or I wouldn't have bought it. I really like the button over an under lever. It's like an AR vs AK
© 24hourcampfire