Home
Posted By: Cheaha McMillan Sako Varmint Stock - 06/15/02
Here(hopefully) is a picture of my Ruger 77MKII in 243, in her new home.
<br>
<br>[Linked Image]
Sweet.
<br>
<br>Very!
<br>
<br>Rick
Posted By: Cheaha Re: McMillan Sako Varmint Stock - 06/15/02
That Stick feller finds them,my wife buys them and I get to shoot them. Sounds fair to me...[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>[Linked Image]
One more for the road;
<br>
<br>
<br>[Linked Image]
Hot damn! That is a really nice looking rifle.
<br>
<br>I was thinkin' your 243 was S/S and was curious to see how she'd look,in that light colored stock. BUT it NEEDS a black barreled action,after gawking at the pictures.
<br>
<br>That one very much appeals to me. Does she still shoot crazy good?.................
Stick,
<br>
<br>She is a S/S model but I had "rattlecanned" her for hunting. I stripped the flat black off the metal this evening and plan to bed the stock in the morning. I may wind up spraying it flat black again,after I get through. I think the black looks way better than the S/S with this particular stock.
<br>
<br>My wife said I can't talk to you for a while...[Linked Image]
Now it makes sense,'cuz S/S was in my mind,regarding your 243. I use a lot of flat black around here and am rather partial to it.
<br>
<br>Tell Momma to think of all the money I saved her,with your shrewd investments(grin).................
That looks real good! I like the blue/black look a lot better than SS but concede SS is better for most environments.....
<br>
<br>Mike
Rabid,
<br>
<br>I agree the black barrels look better most of the time but got tired of fighting surface rust with our high humidity and switched over to S/S Barreled actions several years ago.
<br>
<br>Much too poor to get those fancy coatings on S/S barrels,sooooo, I get a 99c can of flat black and make do.
<br>
<br>
Yep, yep!!
<br>
<br>I know the feeling! I have been trying to pry some dough out of the wifey to send my action out to John for "the treatment"[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Mike
Posted By: Cheaha Re: McMillan Sako Varmint Stock - 06/16/02
Got the McMillan bedded today with Marine-Tex. Just went out to the shop and popped it apart to sneak a peek. Everything looks great! Will be anxiously awaiting the full cure process,so I can see what the end results will be....
<br>
<br>Let's see....... A Ruger 77MKII,shooting Barnes X bullets.
<br>Reckon she'll group under 5" @ 100yds???[Linked Image]
Give or take(grin)................
Posted By: Flinch Re: McMillan Sako Varmint Stock - 06/17/02
I'm thinking that is a mighty fine target ridin atop the scope in the first picture. I would get quite a giggle out of watching Barney go POOF with a super sonic pill lighting up his fury buns. Gosh, I hate that purple dinosaur! Flinch.
Posted By: Cheaha Re: McMillan Sako Varmint Stock - 06/17/02
Flinch,
<br>
<br>When I get a new Camcorder,I think I'll prop ole Barney up on the backstop of my range and see what a 200gr BT @ 3350fps will do.[Linked Image] Oughta make quite an impression...
Cheaha, please try! If he's the soft kind only filled with fluff, the results are not as impressive as I'm sure you'd like them to be ....
<br>
<br>... uhhhhh, not that I've tried it or anything (grin).
<br>
<br>"Daddy, what are these funny black round spots doing on Big Bird???"
Posted By: Flinch Re: McMillan Sako Varmint Stock - 06/18/02
Prop him up against a piece of steel (tape him to it....grin). This works very well, oh and make sure he is VERY wet, it adds to the hydrolic affect, not that I have EVER tried this (grin). Bye bye Barney!!!!! Flinch
But, but....I like Barney. E
OOOOOhhhhh WATER, now who says you can't learn useful tricks on these forums (grin).
Posted By: Cheaha Re: McMillan Sako Varmint Stock - 06/19/02
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
James, what's wrong with your dog? In that last pic it looks like he might have a chicken bone stuck in his thorax.
PDS,
<br>
<br>He's just howling at the ceiling fan...[Linked Image]
How about a ring of road flares in a 5meter circle around Barney taped to a one gallon can of Coleman fuel or gasoline[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>I've always wanted to do it, but haven't tried it yet...
<br>
<br>Mike
Rabid,
<br>
<br>Next time we get together for a little shooting and BS'ing.....[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Make sure your neighbors are paid up on fire insurance.....
<br>We might make the news.[Linked Image]
Naw. naw, next time we shoot we need to do it at YOUR house[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>I was just mentioning a similar experiment with badger on the phone the other day....It would appear sick minds think alike.
<br>
<br>Mike
Posted By: Flinch Re: McMillan Sako Varmint Stock - 06/20/02
Did I mention taping his wet, stuffed carcass to a full can of beer and lighting it up with a Nosler Balistic tip and Mach 20??? Okay, okay, so I have tried a few things. I like to get maximum tissue dispersion when I shoot [Linked Image]. Flinch
Oooooh, better yet -- an incision between Barneys legs would allow you to imbed that can of beer in the middle [hee-hee]....
Posted By: Cheaha Re: McMillan Sako Varmint Stock - 06/20/02
What if I make a Dorsal incision,remove his stuffing and replace it with black powder ??? Nah,forget it, I don't want the BATF knocking on my door...[Linked Image]
Big Stick A couple of Years ago You sent me a email address of a place in Alaska that sold McMillen Stocks . In fact I purchased one , a Purple /White for a Mdl 70 257 Rob . that I have . I am now looking for another one, could You send me the email address again . I cannot find it at all.
<br>The stock is tremendous that I have Thank You
<br>Rick Thomas
<br>[email protected]
The Moderator of this Site(Rick Bin)slicked up the Sporting stock's from John. That is the source you are thinking of.
<br>
<br>Rick has available stocks,listed on the Classifieds here. I'm sure he'd be happy to answer any questions you might have and help you locate the stock you would like...........
Posted By: AFP Re: McMillan Sako Varmint Stock - 07/28/02
James,
<br>
<br>Don't you just love the McMillan Sako Varmint style stock? E4E talked me into it, and it is my favorite. If I had enough funds, I'd put ALL my bolt guns (even my 541) in these stocks.
<br>
<br>Blaine
Posted By: Cheaha Re: McMillan Sako Varmint Stock - 07/28/02
Blaine,
<br>
<br>Yes, It is quickly becoming my favorite style stock. It fits me very well and is light. The wide forend fits my hand like a favorite baseball bat.
<br>
<br>I plan on using this combo a lot this fall. This one's a keeper...
© 24hourcampfire