Home
Posted By: C_ROY Trigger replacement - 01/04/18
I am going to put together a short/carbine type deer rifle using an older Howa action. What trigger are most running now on hunting rifles? I assume Timney.
Posted By: fredIII Re: Trigger replacement - 01/05/18
Trigger tech.
Posted By: C_ROY Re: Trigger replacement - 01/05/18
Unless I misread their site, they only make triggers for 700's. I have a Howa/Weatherby Vanguard action
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Trigger replacement - 01/05/18
I have Timney triggers on most of my Rem 700's, both AR's, and one Winchester. Good triggers and good customer service.

Had a problem over the holiday weekend while tinkering. Thought it might be a problem with the trigger. Contacted them by web form. Had a response back by mid-morning on first work day after the holiday. Issue turned out to be a broken firing pin. Trigger was fine. But, I was impressed with fast, helpful response.

If Timney offers a Howa/Vanguard option, I would not hesitate to use it.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Trigger replacement - 01/05/18
I've been happy with the Timneys I've put on Howas. I doubt I'll replace the HACT trigger on a Mini I recently got though. That would be another option if you don't mind the take-up of a two-stage trigger.
Posted By: AKPENDUDE Re: Trigger replacement - 01/07/18
I've had good luck with timney triggers. I just dropped one into a M70 this morning.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Trigger replacement - 01/07/18
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
I've been happy with the Timneys I've put on Howas. I doubt I'll replace the HACT trigger on a Mini I recently got though. That would be another option if you don't mind the take-up of a two-stage trigger.

That was my standard procedure for Howas, just get a Timney. I bought one with a HACT and found it more than adequate, so I've left it alone.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Trigger replacement - 01/13/18
Is there something wrong with the factory trigger that cannot be tuned out?
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Trigger replacement - 01/13/18
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Is there something wrong with the factory trigger that cannot be tuned out?

Biggest complaint I have is if you try to remove creep the safety becomes unusable. The trigger has to be unassembled and the nose of that screw has to be ground down, at least that is what a gunsmith told me. I have had 2 that i sent to gunsmiths, and the finished product would not compare with a Timney
Posted By: SEdge Re: Trigger replacement - 01/13/18
Timney
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Trigger replacement - 01/13/18
Another vote for Timney.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Trigger replacement - 01/19/18
Timney on the Weatherby/Howa. I have done 4 and all have been great
Posted By: hanco Re: Trigger replacement - 01/20/18
I like the Timney
© 24hourcampfire