Home
Posted By: Koppertop Guess the weight! Help! - 01/12/18
I'm looking at a ruger m77 long action tang safe with 23" #3 shillin stainless barrel. It has the original walnut stock. I can't get my hands on the rifle to weigh it and the current owner can't/won't weigh it. What's your best guess on weight without scope? Anybody have something similar?
Cheers
KT
Posted By: SKane Re: Guess the weight! Help! - 01/12/18
7.10#-ish (w/rings)
Posted By: handwerk Re: Guess the weight! Help! - 01/12/18
You could also try and find a like rifle online at cabela's gun library site as they usually list accurate weights.
Posted By: Koppertop Re: Guess the weight! Help! - 01/12/18
Skane, I assume that is 7 pounds 10 ounces? Not 7.1 pounds? I was thinking more eightish as well.
Keep the thoughts coming!
Cheers
KT
Posted By: Koppertop Re: Guess the weight! Help! - 01/12/18
How much weight could be saved by switching from a m77 factory wood stock to a lighter synthetic stock?
Posted By: SKane Re: Guess the weight! Help! - 01/12/18
Originally Posted by Koppertop
Skane, I assume that is 7 pounds 10 ounces? Not 7.1 pounds? I was thinking more eightish as well.
Keep the thoughts coming!
Cheers
KT

Yep - 7lb 10oz.
Posted By: Lowgun Re: Guess the weight! Help! - 01/23/18
My 77 in 7MM Rem Mag is close to ten pounds scoped and slung. I will throw it on the scale as soon as I get a few minutes. I can't believe what I remember it weighing.
Posted By: JPro Re: Guess the weight! Help! - 01/23/18
I want to say I'm closing in on 8lbs with my 24" #3 Lilja M77 7mmRM in a McMillan. That's with rings. The stock is around 34oz if I recall. Scoped and loaded it is bumping 9lbs (3.5-10x40 VXIII). My barrel has a long-ish shank, which adds a few more ounces.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Guess the weight! Help! - 01/23/18
My Borden 300 WSM with #3 Hart, McMillan Edge, Wyatt bottom metal, Swarovski 3-18x44 weighs 8lb 2oz finished at 25"
© 24hourcampfire