Home
Posted By: Odin Idea of Desirability & Worth? - 01/12/18
I'm considering selling a firearm I never thought I would. It is a G1 contender from SSK Industries. It is chambered in 6.5 JDJ. It has the TSOB scope base and mounts and the black pachmyr forestock and grip. It has the silver finish.There are sling and swivil studs and a sling. The barrel is a shilen match grade barrel. I bought it new in the 90's. It shoots sub MOA at 200 yds and most likely at 300 as well. I never shot it at 300. I have a 2x7 ler Burris silver scope on it. I also have an additional barrel from T/C chambered in 45-70. I don't currently have any pictures of it but can get some. This gun hasn't been fired in at least 15 years and it's been a safe queen.
Nice sounding Contender. Love 'em. But, be prepared to cry.
The frame $250-300. .three hundred tops.
I have a G2 stainless frame for sale on here and other sites, minimal interest.
Barrel with mounts, $250. That’s a chambering that not many will want. Not saying it’s not a great round.
Good luck.
Sounds like a nice rig. The right guy might come along and make a decent offer if you're patient. I definitely would sell the .45/70 barrel separately, or be prepared to throw it in practically for free. Some brass and dies for the JDJ would be a big bonus.

Start it on Gunbroker at the lowest price you can stand, and see what happens. I'd start the other barrel at maybe $150 or a bit less.

At least you had one like you wanted it and had your fun.
Is this yours?? Holy cow! $1399!! I guess if this one isn't yours and it sells, you got a gold mine!!

I have a SSK 6.5 JDJ barreled Contender and I would not sell it. Love the round with 100 Gr. Amax's.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/738438050
Posted By: Odin Re: Idea of Desirability & Worth? - 01/15/18
That is exactly what mine looks like with one exception. Mine is not magnaported. Nice to see pictures of it. I looked for online photos but couldn't find complete SSK built guns. They now have the smooth side G2 pictured. My contender is up in Alaska in a friends gun safe. I was considering selling it but will most likely keep it now. Doesn't seem likely I'd get what it's worth. It is probably the most accurate gun I've ever owned. I shot a 200 yard 10 shot group with it. 10 shots in a 3 inch orange sticker dot. There was a 5 shot cluster about 3/4 of an inch. That was at 200 Yards! 😀
Wish I could copy those pics off gunbroker lol

Originally Posted by 257heaven
Is this yours?? Holy cow! $1399!! I guess if this one isn't yours and it sells, you got a gold mine!!

I have a SSK 6.5 JDJ barreled Contender and I would not sell it. Love the round with 100 Gr. Amax's.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/738438050

Price is what you pay, value is what you get.
Originally Posted by 16bore
Price is what you pay, value is what you get.

And that sums it up perty well....
© 24hourcampfire