Home
Posted By: 10Glocks Is it hot where you are? - 04/15/24
Saturday's opener was the warmest I think I ever experienced. Mosquitoes as soon as I got out of my truck. Took my sweatshirt off almost immediately. It was too warm for it. Now, today, it just hit 90 degrees. I have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off to hunt and every day is supposed to be in the 80s. That's mid-May temps, maybe a bit higher even, when the season closes. Foilage isn't full here, but damned near it. We had an early spring.

Just wondering what conditions are where you're at?
It's 60* and sunny right now. First sunny day in about a week and one of the warmest we've had so far. It snowed a couple days last week. By the time our season opens May 1 it will be too hot and buggy to enjoy being out in the woods.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Is it hot where you are? - 04/15/24
Youth weekend it was 25 degrees and 2 inches of snow where I was hunting. Mid 80s here today
Posted By: shaman Re: Is it hot where you are? - 04/17/24
It has been downright hot here in NE KY. The morning low yesterday was in the 60s. We've had highs in the mid-80s. Yesterday it was a bit cooler and rather muggy. It's raining now.

In past years, a week of hot temps would drive the turkeys insane. This year, the gobs are mostly silent and indifferent.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Is it hot where you are? - 04/17/24
80s
NO!
Posted By: pullit Re: Is it hot where you are? - 04/17/24
Yes it is hot it was 85 yesterday
I'm tired of being cold! But pretty soon, we'll go from using the furnace to the A/C. Sometimes in the same day!
© 24hourcampfire