Home
Still waiting VA April 11 . Killing me.
I have to wait til April 15 in mn and April 29 in wi.
April 11 in NC. Fairly new to the game, but looking forward to giving them a go.
Missouri - April 20 here.
NY May 1st...................
I am not sure when our seasons open, some around April 1 some around the 15th.. I usually go up around the 20th.. Seems the gobblers are most active then.. Best of luck..
Yep.

April 27 is the season opener in WV; however my youngest son and I will hunt April 25 during the one day youth season.

Birds are already gobbling.

April 1 in my part of SC. Later in NC (part of why I hunt in SC). Used to live in virginia and hated the late start
May 4th here in Maine. I'll be out, probably will still be snow on the ground. They usually don't strutting here until Mid-Late April anyway.
May 1, NY State.

Jim
+1 May 1st here NY
Been a hard long cold deep snow winter, not good for turkey survival
Numbers have been down for a few year and this winter didn't help matters
LOC fishing derby starts same day as turkey and runs for 10 days,I'll likely fish more than hunt
1st period in Wisconsin starts April 15th.

I have the 3rd period beginning April 29th.

There has been some gobbling here in the hills and hollows.
North TX opens this Saturday followed by OK on Monday the 6th.

Favorite time of the year, last year's opener...

[Linked Image]
Shrapnel,

are those easterns up there in MT?

April 18 here in Kentucky, but I drew a tag for the quota hunt at Land Between the Lakes so I'm notso-patiently waiting for 4/14. Two days to hunt 120,000 acre tract...

Going to try and stay off the Elk and Bison prairie.... wink
Originally Posted by Diogenes
Shrapnel,

are those easterns up there in MT?

April 18 here in Kentucky, but I drew a tag for the quota hunt at Land Between the Lakes so I'm notso-patiently waiting for 4/14. Two days to hunt 120,000 acre tract...

Going to try and stay off the Elk and Bison prairie.... wink

Nope, they are Merriam's. They are pretty big birds, and can get well over 20 pounds...

[Linked Image]
gorgeous birds man
April 11th youth season opens in Missouri.I will be in the woods with the youngest boy .
Originally Posted by Hugh
April 11th youth season opens in Missouri.I will be in the woods with the youngest boy .

I'm not far from you Hugh...The birds here are gobbling well off the roost but not much after fly down. Most are henned up like crazy right now...Should be a good season! Lots of birds this year!!

X-VERMINATOR
Originally Posted by Hugh

I'll have my youngest in the woods too this year for his very last youth hunt. looking forward to it and also looking forward to the spring season for the rest of us two weeks later.
April 21 here....
The season opens Saturday, but I will be busy for the first week of the season. I prefer hunting after the weekend anyway. The crowd thins out and I hunt on weekdays. Retirement is good for turkey hunting while most hunters are at work.
NH May 3rd.

Ken
May 1st here in Upstate Ny. its a LOOONNNGGGGG wait!!
April 20 in New Jersey, May 1 in New York and May 2 in Pa. April 4 is the last day of pheasant/quail season here as well as opening day of trout season. The Yankees open on the 6th and I'll be there also, way too much stuff going on. Good luck all and be safe.
Opens tomorrow here. Rain turning to snow forecast.
Originally Posted by jimone
Opens tomorrow here. Rain turning to snow forecast.

They will be easy to see , walking around on the White Stuff
Apr 27th for me !
My mistake, May 4 not April 4 here.
I was gunna say....you're off a month. grin

Have you seen any strutting in your neck or the woods yet?
April 20 for me.
Damn boys. It was a great morning. 18 deer, 5 strutters, 14 hens, and more gobblers within earshot than I could keep track of. I'm pumped and my finger is itchin!!
T-time in the NC mountains for me is this coming Saturday. Saw a 6 bird gobbler flock 10 days or so ago in the area I'll hunt and a lot of heavy sign. Need to get one that day cause I'm driving back to Alabama again Sunday afternoon to crappie fish with a friend. Says he and his wife went Easter afternoon after church and put 10 in the boat that would have gone 15lbs all together. Several over 2. Tough decision between a hot turkey area and crappie that size.
Originally Posted by shootem
T-time in the NC mountains for me is this coming Saturday. Saw a 6 bird gobbler flock 10 days or so ago in the area I'll hunt and a lot of heavy sign. Need to get one that day cause I'm driving back to Alabama again Sunday afternoon to crappie fish with a friend. Says he and his wife went Easter afternoon after church and put 10 in the boat that would have gone 15lbs all together. Several over 2. Tough decision between a hot turkey area and crappie that size.

Long Tom for me, crappie are in season 365 days a year. Opener April 20 for us Missouri boys.
Season opens this coming Saturday in NC (4/11) but I can't hunt until Monday the 13th.
April 20th is opening for me, unless some buddy calls me to cross the border to Kansas.
Well opening day came and went. Heard 4 birds gobble at daylight 3 or 4 times each. Just 1 gobbled on the ground. And about 15 seconds after he did somebody shot him. Couldn't get one to even answer me. Around noon heard one gobble at some crows in a little timber strip in a clearcut. Got within 100 yds or so and never could get another peep. Went this morning and didn't hear a gobble till 9 AM. Then 3 sounded off. One was fairly close and a couple of hens with him were answering me but kept heading the other way. I'll get em yet.
© 24hourcampfire