Home
Posted By: passport Turkey chair? - 04/26/15
Anyone running one of these?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...tAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03787352&rid=20

After this weekend I got to do something, my azz & back are KILLIN me!
I like to run and gun so what ever I get needs to be light and set up fast as well as carry easy. Let me know if you guys use these or something else
Posted By: Caleveras Re: Turkey chair? - 04/27/15
Have hunted with the chair for the last four years and it is the most comfortable that I have used. It is a bit heavier than others, but I find that it more than makes up for that in comfort and stability.

I will suggest getting a different shoulder strap. The one that comes with it is pretty pathetic and broke the first time out. I put the strap I used for my gym bag (with clips on either end) with a padded shoulder and haven't look back.
Posted By: basdjs Re: Turkey chair? - 04/27/15
Originally Posted by Caleveras
Have hunted with the chair for the last four years and it is the most comfortable that I have used. It is a bit heavier than others, but I find that it more than makes up for that in comfort and stability.

I will suggest getting a different shoulder strap. The one that comes with it is pretty pathetic and broke the first time out. I put the strap I used for my gym bag (with clips on either end) with a padded shoulder and haven't look back.

I've had the same experience with mine. Very easy to catch a quick nap in too by the way. wink
Posted By: pullit Re: Turkey chair? - 04/27/15
I have had mine for about 6-8 years and love it. I put a rifle sling on mine and that is the best add on you can do.
Posted By: passport Re: Turkey chair? - 04/27/15
6-8 years? And Im just now finding out about this chit!
Posted By: mjones59 Re: Turkey chair? - 04/27/15
I would leave my shotgun in the truck first! Just kidding.
I have to have a chair,I get so stiff sitting on the ground
that it ruins the hunt for me.
Posted By: pullit Re: Turkey chair? - 04/27/15
When I went to TX the first time deer hunting with Reloader, everyone made fun of me for bring the chair. Next year I went back and there were more than a few chairs in camp.
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Turkey chair? - 04/27/15
I like to hunt from ground setups, and this chair works great. Sits low to the ground, is comfortable enough to sit in all day if needed.
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: Turkey chair? - 04/27/15
The "Turkey Thug" model that Walmart carries is a dang good chair as well. About the same thing and much less expensive. I bought 3, gave one to Dad and kept a backup. 2 years on mine and it still handles my fat butt.
I run and gun with it as well, the weight is well worth it. I occasionally will ditch it when in hot pursuit, but take it with me for most hunts.
The TT chairs:
[Linked Image]
Like pullit mentioned, a rifle sling is a must. I put a cheap neoprene sling on mine this year and it made a big difference over that cheap stock strap.
Posted By: natman Re: Turkey chair? - 05/07/15
Try one of these. Very comfortable.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Turkey chair? - 05/08/15
I've got one these, hasn't been a bad chair, but could be a smaller package to carry. It is comfortable and easy to set against a tree, and can sit by itself if you need to:

http://ameristep.com/store/index.php/furniture/chairs/lounger-ex-reclining-turkey-seat.html?___SID=U
Posted By: country_20boy Re: Turkey chair? - 05/08/15
Originally Posted by Reloader7RM
The "Turkey Thug" model that Walmart carries is a dang good chair as well. About the same thing and much less expensive. I bought 3, gave one to Dad and kept a backup. 2 years on mine and it still handles my fat butt.

My local wally world has these chairs on sale now for less than $10.
© 24hourcampfire