Home
Posted By: passport How ya cookin em? - 05/03/15
I just grilled one wrapped in bacon and it was ok, anyone care to share there fav recipe?
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: How ya cookin em? - 05/03/15
Marinade in whatever you like but make sure it has some vinegar. Cut breast in half (so it is half as thick as usual).

Grill but be careful not to grill too much

Slice into strips.

Makes fantastic wild turkey fajitas or quesadillas
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: How ya cookin em? - 05/03/15
Grind it and make this..........

http://www.food.com/recipe/creamy-turkey-tetrazzini-57505

It has changed the way I look at gobblers. I tried all kinds of recipes before a friend hooked me up with this.
Posted By: pullit Re: How ya cookin em? - 05/04/15
Cut into nuggets, use Cajun seasoning, flour and hot oil. Fry til done. I like a little honey mustard to dip it in, but you can use whatever.

Was cooking some the other night and my wife told my daughter she was putting the seasoning on a little heavy, but she was eating them about as fast as I was pulling them out of the oil.
I told her, man I would hate to see what you would do if you liked them.....

I use
http://www.tonychachere.com/
Posted By: passport Re: How ya cookin em? - 05/04/15
That sounds good Pullit, might give thast a go
Posted By: ballyhoo Re: How ya cookin em? - 05/04/15
Grilled turkey marinaded in pineapple juice, soy sauce, and rosemary...general tso's wild turkey...and butter wild turkey (replace the chicken for turkey in the Indian butter chicken recipe)...and good old fried nuggets or fingers. For the thighs and drum sticks put in a crock pot for hours, pick the meat and make turkey noodle casserole.
Posted By: TRnCO Re: How ya cookin em? - 05/04/15
I've always cubed into nuggets and battered in Cajun fish batter and deep fried.
Posted By: StudDuck Re: How ya cookin em? - 05/05/15
The Mother in Law slices them, rolls in flour and fries it or we'll put the breast in a Crock Pot, cover with water, season to taste and cook; it's not nearly as dry this way.

I think Pullit wins the prize.
Posted By: JLF Re: How ya cookin em? - 05/05/15
I fry them, brine/smoke them, grill them, grind them and make meatballs and have even used them to make sausage. I get a kick out of the people that say they don't like wild turkey. I've never had a bad one regardless of where they came from.

The fried version similar to Pullit's description is a crowd pleaser as are the grilled poppers or kabobs with bacon/jalapeno.

I get a kick out of the people that say they don't like wild turkey. I've never had a bad one regardless of where they came from.
Posted By: Whelen Nut Re: How ya cookin em? - 05/08/15

Gobbler Gumbo

Dice 2-3# of turkey breast with skin removed.

Lightly brown in veg oil add salt and pepper.

½ cup of chicken broth (I use a tablespoon of chicken bouillon granules mixed in ½ cup water)

One can (10.75 oz.) cream of mushroom soup

One can (10.75 oz.) cream of celery soup

4 oz. of sliced/diced fresh mushrooms (I use Portabellas)

Place the diced and lightly browned meat into the crock pot. Add the broth, soups, and mushrooms and mix.

Cook on low for 8 hrs. OR on high for 2hrs then on low for four hours.

Serve over bread, rice, or mashed potatoes.

© 24hourcampfire