Home
Have any of you tried pulling your choke tubes after shooting the new longbeards? I shot about 2 boxes and when I went to remove my choke today and I had a hell of a time getting it out. It certainly didn't go in that hard. After pulling it I see a distinctive "ring" inside just in front of the threads. I measured my outside dia. on the HS Strut at .822 above the threads. I measured 3 other chokes and the OSD above the threads @ .817 +/- .001

Anyone ever seen this? the gun and choke are not new and I've never had a problem till now.
This does not sound good...

I bought 3 boxes of the Longbeard, 1 #5 and 2 #6. Have not fired any yet though. Maybe this load requires a bit larger choke?

Sounds like your HS choke has been damaged...
a lot of that kind of damage going around this year with the Winchester longbeard ammo
Originally Posted by surehunsalot
a lot of that kind of damage going around this year with the Winchester longbeard ammo

I spent some time doing searches on this subject since I have 3 boxes currently. I found nothing. Can you supply some links to back up your statement?

I did see Carlson's makes a choke specifically for the Longbeard ammo.
I've only shot 4-5 LBs thru a Rhino choke (.660 in a SBE2). Have cleaned twice and have not noticed any issues other than the ammo fouls pretty badly. Still more testing to do though
© 24hourcampfire