Home
Posted By: taz4570 TC Encore Turkey Choke - 01/23/16
Anybody know where I can find a non-TC turkey choke? The one that came with the barrel does not do much good with any load I've tried.

Thanks.
Posted By: Rug3 Re: TC Encore Turkey Choke - 01/23/16
If you have a 20ga Turkey Barrel -

Tru Glo TG158X

Walmart, Gander Mountain, Cabelas, Midway, Dicks, and most places where chokes are sold. Inexpensive, highly effective.

I'm shooting FEDERAL PREMIUM HEAVYWEIGHT TURKEY MAG SHOK #7 Muzzle Velocity 1100. Vicious killer at 40 yards.

I have another choke that cost more than twice the Tru Glo and the pattern isn't as dense.

I patterned various loads with that Tru Glo and found that 3" Federal Premium Flight Control Ammo in Copper Plated #6s gave me a great pattern.

I am not shooting over 40yds because if I am unable to hall them inside that distance I figure my calling or ability to stay still needs improvement not my ammo or gun. I hear claims of 50, 60, 70 yards but my preferance is to call them in.

When I went from 12ga. to 20ga. the "old gobbler forum" was a lot of help for me in selecting tubes and shot.

This is a good time to begin shooting patterns.

Hope this helps

Jim

Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: TC Encore Turkey Choke - 01/24/16
Go over to Old Gobbler forums and check out the 20 gauge forums, worlds of knowledge over there.
Posted By: taz4570 Re: TC Encore Turkey Choke - 01/24/16
Thanks, Jim. I've got the 12 gauge barrel. Getting very unimpressive patterns even at 20 yards with the extended choke that came with it. That thing kicks like a mule, should have bought the 20.
Posted By: bea175 Re: TC Encore Turkey Choke - 01/24/16
I use the Jeb's Choke tube in my Encore Turkey Barrel. The Turkey in the photo was taken with the TC Factory Turkey Choke before I switched to the Jeb's

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

http://www.jebschokes.com/jebs-head-hunter-turkey-choke-12-gauge/
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: TC Encore Turkey Choke - 01/24/16
allaboutshooting.com
Posted By: hookedspur Re: TC Encore Turkey Choke - 01/24/16
Try a 655 Indian creek
and hevi shot 6 or 7
Posted By: taz4570 Re: TC Encore Turkey Choke - 01/24/16
Which constriction Jebs do you use in your TC? It's listing 3-4 of them.
Posted By: taz4570 Re: TC Encore Turkey Choke - 01/27/16
Anybody?
Posted By: shoots4fun Re: TC Encore Turkey Choke - 01/27/16
Wish I could help but I have only used the TC choke and it's always given me great patterns.
I use Hevi-Shot.
Edit:
Yes is will knock the spit out of you!
Posted By: taz4570 Re: TC Encore Turkey Choke - 01/27/16
Thanks, didn't know if the stock choke could handle Hevi. I'll try it.
Posted By: taz4570 Re: TC Encore Turkey Choke - 02/04/16
allaboutshooting is the place!! Clark is a top notch guy to consult with and buy from. Highly recommend him to anybody needing turkey shotgun counseling.

Thanks, guys.
Posted By: bea175 Re: TC Encore Turkey Choke - 02/05/16
Originally Posted by taz4570
Which constriction Jebs do you use in your TC? It's listing 3-4 of them.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: taz4570 Re: TC Encore Turkey Choke - 02/06/16
Impressive patterns!

Thanks.
© 24hourcampfire