Home
Stopped at a sale a while back. The box call was wrapped up in the old school mask. They were in a box of hunting stuff. I smeared on little chalk and hit it a few licks. Sounds really good. Has 1965 on the side, is that the year of mfg or??

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Likely not. Was my first turkey call in the 1980s. A box has never really been my first choice of call but it has been with me on most every hunt since. Sits in my 10 year old son's vest now.

That's a single lip model, right? Read the text closely on the other side and you will find a typo
Great call. My first call and I still have it but have gone to Paul Meek calls the last twenty years.
know several old guys that always get their birds that only take that and a mouth call. great sounding call for sure.
i've got the one that has the hen sound on one side and the gobbler on the other side. it has worked well for me over the years, so much so it would be the last call i gave up if i ever had to get rid of them.
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
i've got the one that has the hen sound on one side and the gobbler on the other side. it has worked well for me over the years, so much so it would be the last call i gave up if i ever had to get rid of them.

I COMPLETLY AGREE. It is the traditional call and most really good turkey hunters will have one handy.
Some of those lynch calls are worth a pretty penny. I'm not up on how to tell them apart tho.
My favorite and first.

Does it have the Liberty, MS address on the other side?
I've owned this call for 27 years. Killed my first bird using in it on March 17, 1990. Bought if from their little shop in Liberty.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL

That's the World Champion. Have one myself that my dad bought in the mid to late 70's. Carry it myself now.

Would like to get the Fool Proof just for the smaller, easier to carry size.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
My favorite and first.

Does it have the Liberty, MS address on the other side?

Yes, It does..
I ran a Lynch for about 20 years. It somehow fell out of my pack somewhere up on Boone Mountain in Clearfield County Pa. Damned good calls.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I ran a Lynch for about 20 years. It somehow fell out of my pack somewhere up on Boone Mountain in Clearfield County Pa. Damned good calls.

Dang. Hate when that happens.

Lost my prized striker I couldve sharpened between my cheeks and it would've worked. Pizzed me off. Never found. Betcha still layer on the ridge I dropped it on.

I left a laminated wood haven striker in the woods last year...
Have a couple, one I bought about 50 years ago. Have a newer. One I might even like a bit better.
I have a World Champion marked 1958. It's a good sounding old box that I've killed gobblers off of over the years. I don't hunt it much any more but will occasionally take it out when the hunting gets tough. Seems most calls today are tuned high pitched and that old Champion has a deeper tone. Plus with the Gobbler side of the box I can throw out a few Jake yelps after some sweet hen talk. Longbeards don't like that ... smile
I carry two box calls. One is a small maple custom job and the other is a World Champion. That's my favorite and I put a lot of notches in the back over the years.
have collected several over the years...all dated in different years...have never studied them but 1 thing is certain...they r not for sale
The ones that are more valuable are the ones with the Birmingham, Alabama address on the side.
© 24hourcampfire